Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Cloks posted:

post reserved for when Gin returns

The true final boss....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Julias posted:

One piece is 6 AD

Guess we know how Jesus dies.

And here I thought he would just suplex our sins instead :(

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

We repeatedly hear about all these epic long fights that are just two people duking it out for days. We hear stories about them and we even see Punk Hazard which was forever changed by one but we never get to see that kinda fight ourselves. Even when Luffy fights Cracker for ages, it's described as taking like a day but mostly it's just a comedy fight in practice.

Then we get to the Katakuri fight and it delivers on what has been implicitly promised by all those stories. It is one of the longform knockout slugfest fights that takes ages. And it rules. It is the first time we get a real proper look at what top-tier fights in One Piece truly can be like in a way that we simply hadn't directly seen before. Even Marineford didn't quite show it off properly, in part because it simply wasn't what that arc was about in the first place.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

It says right there, twice even, that its Mystoms! :v:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I have no idea how even gear five Luffy is meant to stop that.

Mirrors. Brûlée confirmed for next Strawhat!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Yasopp's condition deteriorated and he has I-can't-be-on-the-same-planet-as-my-son disease. :(

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

We were told ages ago that no one in One Piece has died, or ever will:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I feel like if Vegapunk's ally here is a whole new character, I'm expecting it to be like Prince Loki or someone else from Elbaf. Ties into that and gives the crew someone from there to associate with from the offset. Plus, we know the WG are interested in gigantification and I find it implausible that Vegapunk wouldn't also be working on that (mandatorily) and be able to explain what the deal there is.