Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Cloks posted:

not after the orchiectomy

This is very confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Sanami looks ready to die.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Last Celebration posted:

They’re still probably less weird than the character who can subconsciously warp reality with his special moves by going “well I’m made of rubber so I should be able to punch fast enough to make my giant wrecking ball fist fire”.

Nah, that's just punching faster.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

falling 10k km.

That's really hard to pull off. It'd be impressive though.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Halo is good because it annoys people for no reason. Also I like the black lightning.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Fecha posted:

Yamato wouldn’t get turned to stone because he’s acesexual :grin:

Asexualsexual? Good luck.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Anyways I've littered the thread with too many pictures and posts about Skypiea so I'll stop there.

Some of the best posts in a good while, keep going if you feel like it.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Desumaytah posted:

So we're definitely in the arc where Kizaru gets punched in the face. Those hologram gloves are crying out for narrative purpose. Is Kizaru a Vegapunk? I dunno. Is Luffy gonna deck him with the Nintendo power glove? Ya.

The Strawhats are finally gonna beat an admiral.

I guess, but anyone capable of defeating Kizaru wouldn't really need them since they'd be capable of hitting him anyway.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

I love seeing Blackbeard get owned, it never gets old.

Also Pudding is cool and good and I can’t wait to see more of her. She’s just got the third eye hanging out like it’s no big deal now, too.

Thought Luffy would haki away the oldness given the last chapter, maybe it can’t be resisted or Luffy just doesn’t get it yet.

All of BBs plans seem to involve getting hit by a truck.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Yeah you're right TTGL sucked.

not really

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

That is true. Also most of the b-team kinda suck until the very end. Except for the hyper-competent grandpa.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

What do you mean?

I feel like even if Oda was rushing to an ending quicker than he wanted (which I don't think is all too likely anyway) why would he be regretting all the New World stuff?

Gotta find some way to complain/doom.

Maybe they meant to post in the BNHA thread instead. :shrug:

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Since when did Teach turn into Teech?

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Silver2195 posted:

Cavendish doesn’t look very much like Blackbeard or Kuma, though.

Then again, Bonney doesn’t look much like Kuma either. Is she adopted?

Maybe if Blackbeard lost some weight instead of chasing devilfruits he'd look more like Cavendish :rolleyes:

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

It really doesn't. And I say that as someone who really doesn't like Rebecca.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Larryb posted:

This is a break week right?

Sure sounds like it.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

i am tim! posted:

I don't think I even remember seeing a scene where someone uses a denden mushi like a normal phone at all, which is sad because my favorite part about the li'l guys is how they mimic the face of the person on the other side.

:same:
It's one of my favorite gags in the series. The super evil Doflamingo snail owns.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Waffleman_ posted:

God, I know we've had the satellites for a bit, but....it's Vegapunk! It's goddamn Vegapunk!

I know! :woop: And he's easily one of the weirdest designs in the series! gently caress me I love Oda.

mabels big day posted:

Maybe Dragon is comically the densest motherfucker of all time and just cannot for the life of him put two and two together or read the room in any situation regarding personal affairs

Extremely appropriate for Luffys dad, I believe it.

Countblanc posted:

is Vegapunk Perospero's dad

considering how genetics work in OP, probably. For another example, see Beges kid being born with stubble.

Brandfarlig fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Nov 11, 2022

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Begemot posted:

I can't wait for the chapter where Luffy and Dragon meet, and we finally find out that Dragon is actually a goofball just like his dad and son. Show us the grim leader of the revolution making a cartoonish face, Oda!!

It's only a matter of time.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

lih posted:

yeah this is why lol:

i wonder if aokiji's going to show up at elbaf given all this, seems like a good time to find out exactly what his deal is with working with blackbeard and everything

working with BB puts him in a position to influence the Pirate endgame. I could see him turning on BB if it looks like he's about to acquire an ancient weapon for example.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Guy A. Person posted:

hmm it’s intriguing but I don’t see Shanks getting teary eyed over a trip to space

It could be that he had heard the same from Roger.

Also Luffy ain't dying, he's beating Roger in every aspect.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Waffleman_ posted:

That's not good for my I'll-Die-If-I-Don't-Get-A-Chapter disease

What's it like dying once a month?

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Judge falling to pieces when they're about to be killed while one of his sons goes "well we might've cried about our imminent death if you didn't make us sociopaths. Oh well" is also pretty good.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Jerusalem posted:

God bless this perfect idiot.

Our captain :allears:

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

That beetle is going to get a higher bounty than Chopper after this arc.

:hmmyes:

Brandfarlig fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Nov 21, 2022

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Or it's so dominant there's no reason to fight.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

This theory sucks rear end.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Look at Franky, of course it does.

My dude can build a bridge in less than 10 seconds he's definitely on something.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Yeah Croc walking into wano and going "sup?" doesn't seem likely.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Croc can't hang with emperors though, they'd destroy him. He's strong and so is Enel but they're not top 10.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Guns already suck in OP without taking a minute to reload.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Charles Mc D Owell. This doesn't really work.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

White Light posted:

How many years has it been since this masterpiece moment?

Never forget :allears:

It's still one of my favorite punches. It's almost as good as the celestial dragon getting wrecked.

chapter:

That's some quick setup. Round 2, Fight ?

Brandfarlig fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Dec 1, 2022

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Tolth posted:

I can see Lucci fighting Gear 4, but I can't see him fighting Gear 5 for long. It would be bizarre if he could. I don't believe Kaku can take Zoro either. Ergo, the only place real threat can come from in this arc is Stussy. Feel like she's about to reveal a horrible devil fruit.

Luffy might not be able to gear 5 at will, yet. I also don't see him getting through gear 4 either with Luffys wano upgrades. He's dangerous but not recently crowned emperor dangerous. He might pull out advanced conquerors next chapter though and prove me wrong though :shrug:

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

White Light posted:

I don't care what Oda has planned, I'm dying to see what the madman has cooked up as an explanation for how getting his rear end beat got him a loving promotion to the Super de DUPER Cipher Pol rank, cause honestly WTF, the World Government is anything but forgiving for any type of failure. Gimme dat popcorn bucket and bring on that exposition train baby :munch:

???

he's a useful tool despite his one loss. And he's still loyal. Why throw that away? Except for recent pacifista developments the wg still needs hitters on his level

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

White Light posted:

Well they were being chased and hunted down by the Navy in that cover story so there's clearly presidence for it in the narrative already. I just wanna know the deal they cut them, and what happened to the others? Looks like they kept the Gold and Silver medals, effed the rest.

Except for maybe Jyabura the rest are all replacable dickheads. I don't think Lucci needed more of a deal than "just keep killing who we tell you to and you'll never lack work" Kaku is somewhat different but if he got offered work in exchange for not being a wanted man for the rest of his life he's probably down to clown. The rest are probably doing whatever since they're not really worth killing. Or Lucci cleaned house as a part of his deal. I could see him mentioning that and pissing Luffy off. Not that he really gives a poo poo about Kalifa and co but just killing your "friends" as an afterthought would piss him off.

Brandfarlig fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Dec 4, 2022

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

This is the second time (that I can remember) where Luffy has to be reminded that the marines being around is not unusual. I love it.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

:wtc:

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

I'll give a poo poo when I buy the volumes 10 years from now.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Probably. Or he's the one top tier marine who's not strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Ubiquitus posted:

He’s loving jacked and has scars, there’s no way that dude doesn’t turn into a nami stealing giant mythical gorilla :colbert:

He could be a version of King from OPM. He keeps being the lone survivor who gets promoted because he looks badass. But I agree it's more likely that he'll gently caress poo poo up with the best of them.

One thing is that he hasn't been mentioned as part of any great Marine victories. Sure he's not as old as Garp but it feels like he'd be a part of some famous event.