Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Adventure in the Final?? One Piece Thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Bedlam posted:

Really excited for 8 more years of One Piece yall

I'm sick of this doomsaying about Oda rushing to the end :mad:

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Rody One Half posted:

God Gear 4 looks like poo poo. Just top to bottom, there really was nothing good about Dressarossa but Ussop.

:hmmwrong:

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

dont read or watch just want to be in on the ground floor
  /
:zoro:

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Fungah! posted:

i do thnk that even if the cp0 guy hadnt intervened kaidou would have won the clash and then probably gone gear 5 after, all cp0 did was really loving piss kaidou off

I like to think the CP0 interference contributed to Gear 5 somehow just for the irony of causing the very thing they were trying to prevent.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Crocodile and Mihawk, edgelord BFFs :3:

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Cross Guild bounties are paid out in Buggycoin

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Fungah! posted:

his power arc bein a flat line while his bounty shoots off into the sky is incredible. god bless you buggy the clown

Hey, Buggy had a decent power boost between East Blue and Impel Down. Remember the Muggy Ball?

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Yo ho ho he took a bite of onigiri with sugar instead of salt in it

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Chappy is officially out. lol at Galdino's "SAN!!" sound effect :allears:

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Can Of Worms posted:

Saw this amazing reddit comment about the new chapter and had to share it with you all:

Daz wrote this

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Voxx posted:

buggy, sir crocodile, and dracule "hawk "the D" eyes" mihawk will be a good 3v3 against the 3 strongest straw hats: god ussop, luffy, zoro

luffy and zoro rematches and usopp and buggy have a bluff off

Buggy will give Luffy a taste of his own medicine and follow up his two defeats with a win :colbert:

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
He's got rock hard abs, and everything else, at this point

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
I don't want that theory to be true because a) it would be too obvious and b) it would be lame to frame gender switching as something embarrassing

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Losing to the strongest man in the world and the closest thing the pirate king had to a peer, how embarrassing

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Clones feel like a definite escalation from robots. Not what I was expecting, that's for sure.

Pacifistas were always clones, all the Kumas were human-based cyborgs

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Maybe next week is a Gaimon chapter

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

YggdrasilTM posted:

Yeah, a double flashback yet another Yamato flip-flop and a useless Marco flashback and then a confused half chapter with everything else compressed. Eh.

Actually the Marco flashback was cute and fun and therefore not useless

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

i am tim! posted:

we know the last batch of Pacafistas were cyborgs made to look like Kuma, not clones or the like.

Since when do we know this? Back when the Pacifistas first appeared on Sabaody it was pretty thoroughly established that they were identical to Kuma aside from his devil fruit power and the personality he still had back then. Since then we've learned that cloning technology exists and is connected to Vegapunk's research, I'd say it's almost certain that the old Pacifistas are straight up clones of Kuma.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Fecha posted:

In the fight on Saobody when they got damaged it was clear they were made of metal.

No Wave posted:

When was their identicity established? They shoot lasers out of their mouth and were full rear end robots when zoro cut into one. Kuma even shows up at the end of saobody and makes the difference clear.

Dispensing with the black bars since this doesn't really relate directly to the new chapter. Sanji made a comment about one of the kumabots being a cyborg and how that means he should be based on a guy identical to the real Kuma. X Drake seemed mildly surprised that a kumabot had red blood. Also the real Kuma himself shot a mouth laser on Thriller Bark and was shown to be made mostly of metal when Zoro cut into him. I'll dig around and post a collage of this stuff later.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Real Kuma on Thriller Bark w/ mouth beam

Pacifistas on Sabaody

That last line from Franky definitely reads as a foreshadowing to me now that we know that someone CAN, in fact, create humans from scratch.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

tbp posted:

idk if i'm like, wholesale inventing this in my head but i was pretty confident we had already literally seen on page that people can be created from scratch with all those vergos

That's what I was referring to, guess I should have been more specific

Yesss

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
The point is that the fight is going to be cool as poo poo

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

i know we’ll find out more later but for right now, what the gently caress what the gently caress what the gently caress, how are they gonna explain “we reduced an entire island/kingdom to a steaming mushroom orb cloud”

"aw jeez, oh no, another unexplained natural disaster, such is life on the Grand Line I guess" :geno:

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Viridiant posted:

Assuming that all the Strawhats' dreams are fulfilled by the end of the manga, what do you all guess their next dreams would be? I'm at work so I can't kick things off with a big post but that sounds fun to think about at the end of the day.

Same as their old dreams, but in SPACE

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
https://youtu.be/xZj3R9XsvkI

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Going through Dressrosa on a reread and I just got to to the bit where Robin gets turned into a toy. Imagine the minutes of palpable relief that the Elder Stars must have felt without knowing why, until they suddenly remember OH poo poo NICO ROBIN EXISTS :allears:

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Hey, Oda's not THAT old :mad:

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
I'm just finishing a reread of Dressrosa and I'm still disappointed with Oda making Doflamingo a physical powerhouse to rival Luffy on top of his top-tier DF power. We had so much buildup of Doffy being both a literal and figurative puppetmaster, I feel like instead of "punch harder" it should have been a "how to get to punch" scenario a la Enel Round 2. Despite also going long, Katakuri and Kaido were much more satisfying fights because they were set up as brawlers from the start.

Also, a detail I noticed, in the bottom middle panel here there seems to be some kind of smoke rising from Dragon. Could be just his cloak smoldering from presumably standing on Sabo's shipwreck, but there's a chance it's foreshadowing some kind of visual effect from a Devil Fruit transformation. My money's still on him having a wind power.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Wonky how? What does his physical strength have to do with the fights in wano

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
What if there was an island that was just literally a contemporary real life city for no particular reason or explanation given

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
So Law is probably gonna - there's no mind-safe way to word this - discover the weird secret of Blackbeard's body :gonk:

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Scholtz posted:

Also seems to be pretty close combat? I know Ivankov has their winks but I don't think those are Devil Fruit based?

Yeah it's just a normal wink

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
There was an SBS where Oda called on the fans to fill up the birthday calendar for every day of the year so that all One Piece readers could have a birthday buddy :3:

Mine is everyone's favorite of Whitebeard's allied captains, A.O :kiddo:

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

tbp posted:

new ch

and the dead robot in the chap reminds me, weirdly, of the pirate docking lol

I got an Oars vibe out of the body size and shape and the horns, and that might not be an accident

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
The Worst Generation shitposting at the Emperors on their smart den den mushi

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
I just thought of a gag/plot point that is too obvious and good to not happen: Jinbei impersonating his own seraph form. Bonney can de-age him, Robin does the wings, Franky somehow provides the laser, Brook might provide the lunarian flame with his spirit form. Usopp is obviously in charge of planning the disguise. Caribou might turn the floor into a swamp for him to swim in? It's the perfect opportunity to have all the Strawhats working together and involve Jinbei in a great gag that serves the plot.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Chapter 1066... That chapter... never existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
On my way through a Whole Cake reread and Hunger Mom is so loving cool

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Whole Cake is the superior Vs Yonkou arc. Wano is great and all but it buckles under its own weight and it never quite reaches the same intense heights as the escape from Big Mom's turf.