Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Yo ho ho he took a bite of Human Human Fruit Model: SunGod Nika

edit: Bye Old Thread

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Oct 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Give me Buggy viewpoint

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Is he? He was pretty great fight (overall) but I don't see stuff portraying him as a longstanding rival to Luffy or anything like that

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Endorph posted:

the ending of the fight iirc is that they both collapse and then get back up and talk a bit, and then katakuri goes back down while luffy stays on his feet. so its very close but yeah luffy is the one on his feet at the end

It's even closer than that actually because Luffy is crawling on ground and no longer able to stand on his own

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

It will turn out to be a normal hat, and actually everyone in One Piece is very small.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I like that at that point Luffy is too tired to fall for it and is all, 'Oh hi Pekoms' as he remains in the verge of just passing out.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Buggy's bounty is higher than Luffy's, lol

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Kaidou is Katakuri's dad. No I will not be accepting criticism.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I just realized this chapter introduced both of our new Emperors of the Sea as beaten wrecks at the mercy of their subordinates.

It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Starsfan posted:

The Nika Nika fruit does seem to have some intrinsic rubbery qualities as Luffy as a child was instantly stretchy after eating it even before he realized or knew what a devil fruit was and before he had any time to contemplate what his new powers could enable him to do.

I think it's like a time travel plot device, better not to think about it too much lol

The five old dudes say that it does in fact turn your body into rubber.

Why does the freedom fruit turn your body into rubber?

It's a mystery fruit.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I will say that this seemed an overall awkward spot to dump Yamato's real reason for staying behind, but whatever.

I like Marco just being really chill overall this chapter.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I think Teach comes across as a lot more straightforward in the official vs the fantranslation.

So he's just 'Well, you're a threat and I can't trust your word. Time to say goodnight.'

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Seraphim Buggy is never sent to the frontlines because Vegapunk is tearing his hair out trying to figure out what went wrong to have him so weak.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I just noticed the Lulusia king randomly has vampire fangs for some reason

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also the conclusion of the Kaidou fight just isn't as good as Luffy vs. Katakuri's conclusion, imo.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Lucci seems to be giving more of an annoyed vibe in the official translation.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I doubt CP-0 and the Straw hats will actually throw down beyond a couple of small and inconclusive clashes. More likely there'll be a 3rd party threat that forces them to team up/ignore each other for the time being

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

rip in pieces law

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I wonder if/when Law gets captured he'll end up swapping info with Pudding about the Poneglyphs and make headway into the mystery behind them.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Big Mom death being proclaimed by a random no-name just makes it more likely she's actually alive imo.

Maybe she and Kaidou retired and went off to build a cottage in the woods.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

in fairness a lot of the issue with DFs and water goes away when you have a dude with the Teleport fruit.

on that note did Burgess pull a muscle lifting that mountain, because he disappeared this chapter

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Even before Law's Awakening, Law just using his fruit to disorient and confuse his enemies as much as possible while the crew just targets and sinks the enemy ship would be a tactic that would work for 90% of naval battles.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I wonder if the Law fights cuts away from here and Blackbeard once more wields the power of Offscreen Shounen Battle, or if we'll keep jumping back to it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Whole Cake also has a way better payoff.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

(New chapter)

Finally, the answer to 'Do you poop?' can be 'It's complicated.'

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Iirc Helmeppo gets annoyed that Zoro isn't dying fast enough and decides to have him executed anyway.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I like Kaku being like a kid in a toy store.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

who are the people who wished really really hard for biscuits and mochi

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Poor Sentomaru did not sign up for any of this poo poo.

Lol at Vegapunk guilt-tripping him.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I like the parallel that when first fighting CP9 they're warned not to do it and that it's a terrible idea because they're declaring war on the World Govt. and of course Luffy ignores it.

now CP0 is advised not to provoke Luffy because it means declaring war on an Emperor. And of course Lucci ignores it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Iirc the Vivre Card databooks list Sengoku as having Conqueror's

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

the page with the clashing punch is still a bad layout, imo. Especially when in tank format the centre of page will be partly covered.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Ideally someone else is going to use an incredibly powerful burst of Haki and everyone thinks Buggy did it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

YggdrasilTM posted:

Why don't one of the Vegapunks order the Seraphims to attack the CP0

They mentioned last week that commands given via Dendens don't work so at least 1 Vegapunk body would have to be there in person/earshot. And given that he is CP0's primary target, that's probably not the wisest course of action for self preservation.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Vegapunk should give all the strawhats a bunch of authority chips too and then they can spend the battle yelling out a stream of contradicting commands at the seraphim

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Split the difference: leave Sanji on Wano and bring Yamato instead.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Garp got a beard now, huh.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

is Blackbeard going to forget that Garp doesn't have a fruit, try the black hole thing, and receive a fist flying at his face at twice normal speed?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

We can compare Fleet Admiral Sengoku vs Inspector General Sengoku too for the difference in dispositions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Have we seen any behaviour or mannerisms that would indicate 3 personalities