Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
D-U-D-E Yamato's not shy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Angry One Piece fans after one amazing Buggy chapter

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Now I'm even madder we didn't get a proper Brook fight during Wano. There could have been a tragic reverse Bael the Bard situation, where he unknowingly slew his own son on the battlefield.

fake fan theories are fake. Brook should have fought his real son - Scratchman Apoo

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

What if Oda hadn't invented Haki when Crocodile was first introduced?

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

It's Gold Roger's fortune that he left for the taking.

So, the big egg?

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Where's my Yeti Cool Brothers cover page arc?

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Fungah! posted:

mihawk is the worlds greatest swordsman. zoro's dream is to be the worlds greatest swordsman, which means proving yourself stronger than th previous number 1. Also like they've been building it up for a thousand chapters, there's no way oda goes SIKE! NOW IT'S SHILIEW I GUESS

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason Shiliew got the invisibility fruit was just to shank Mihawk at the last minute and become the new number one, giving Zorro a reason to fight him.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

If he wants more time off he should go the DBS/Boruto route and fully pass on the drawing duties to other artists. It shouldn't be too hard to find someone who can ape his style (considering how many artists have grown up with his work) and I doubt he's hurting for money if it meant giving new artists split royalties on new volumes. I wouldn't care, so long as he was still writing the series and living his best life in the process.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

I'm in the camp of Luffy's dream is to explore outer space, especially based on the reactions of the crew. It's also in the chapter where a spaceship (probably) appears. He's even looking up at the sky when he says it.

Coming 2034 - One Piece GT takes the franchise in a bold new direction!

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

davidHalestorm posted:

Do you guys think back in Ohara, if Gorosei figures out beforehand how close the scholars to actually find out about the Void Century, IM would have send down Uranus (I'm calling that thing Uranus until it's proven otherwise), instead of a Buster Call? Because I don't think that Gorosei was expecting Clover to say the name of the Ancient Kingdom when they were talking to him

It could be a case of Ohara not being well-defended, so a Buster Call would suffice in getting the job done (at least, that's what they assumed). The Special Im Cannon could be saved for bigger targets that pose more of a military threat, with this kingdom potentially having its own army/navy/fruit users that could cause a tangible threat to the established world order, especially if they get hooked up with Dragon's people.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Urouge is going to make love to the big hat.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

hatty posted:

Oda wants to go touch grass asap

"And then the One Piece was found by...oh...let's say...Momo"

*Oda flees Japan in a chopper full of money*

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

One Piece Android Saga! All leading to the Gin Games.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Guy A. Person posted:

three this chapter by my count, no?

This was a pretty thirsty chapter overall, especially in regards to new characters (and even with little Nami/Robin). We got female Persona 5 Joker with the spiked collar, sexy unnamed marine girl with legs, sexy marine girl who is Koby's friend, Bonney fanservice, and sexy marine Vegapunk.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

As of the current chapter, which part of One Piece do you think is the stronger: pre-time skip or post-time skip?

For me, I'd have to say pre-time skip, just because the Paramount War has been the highlight of the entire series for me. I've never been more excited for a weekly manga than during that period of One Piece. I think post-time skip also has more bits than I don't enjoy, with big chunks of Fishman Island, Dressrosa, and Wano not being as good as what came before.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Also yeah Pacifista getting OHKO'd post-timeskip is funny cause they manage to be a threat to even Whitebeard's crew pre-timeskip.

That's just cos there was a lot of them and they were hassling weaker crew members. I think if it was a small-scale fight (like what happened at the start of the post-time skip era), then Marco, Ace, Jozu, or Vista could 1v1 a Pacifista.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Not that the show's gonna get that far but I wonder how they would do Chopper, Franky, Brook, and Jimbei?

I'm picturing Jimbei looking like the orcs from the Warcraft movie, a lovely steampunk-esque costume for Franky, and fursuit Chopper.

Shame Ray Harryhausen is dead, cos that means we're stuck with CGI Brook.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

At last! Vindication for the Blackbeard crew attacking Whole Cake Island theory!

Colossal guardian aquatic bulldog is my new fave character.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

I reckon as soon as they find out that the Strawhats are on the island that they'll focus on taking out Robin, considering how big of a threat she is to the government. They can't take out Luffy and probably couldn't beat Zoro/Sanji/Jinbei, but they might think that they collectively have a shot at killing Robin.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Delphisage posted:

Someone pull Kaizoku Fansubs out of a time machine, I bet they'll give a more readable translation.

Fear the Bisoromi Bear-sama Seraphim

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Are we all just gonna ignore Law's bomb rear end titties

Also - calllleddd itttt. Blackbeard crew nabbed Pudding while Big Mom was away, so they have a route to One Piece now, especially if they get Law's rubbings.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Blackbeard's crew are screwed if they get dropped in the water

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Trying to imagine Obi-Wan or Luke Skywalker flashing their rear end to the camera when putting their lightsaber away like Bonney does in that one panel

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

RatHat posted:

...Seraphim are a result of cloning and gene splicing

Mihawktwo and Hancocktwo are going to be fought in the Cerulean Cave.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

I wonder which of Vegapunk's bodies was meant to match the weird silhouette in the Punk Hazard flashback?

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

I cry because the Yeti Cool Brothers don't appear anymore.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

lih posted:

there's so much going on here

it's probably going to be that the giants took the last poneglyph to elbaf, and saul is the "man marked by flames"? wonder how he survived - aokiji's attack was "ice time capsule" so maybe unfreezing him after a while was deliberate? or someone else saved him?

Can't read Poneglyphs? Better Call Saul

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

At least we can finally retire the fan theory about that one white-eyed giant in Impel Down being Saul

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

The secrets of the Void Century live on due to a laminator

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

I've said in the past that I believe Luffy's dream that the crew reacted to involves exploring out of space. I wonder how all of this Vegapunk stuff will relate to it (if I'm correct), especially with the hints that Vegapunk sent soldiers to the moon in the past.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Shanks and his crew of deadbeat dads hiding from alimony payments on the moon

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Gyges posted:

It just turning out that Luffy had another brother he'd just never talked about was fine. What I hated was all the poo poo that was retroactively "Oh, no, he was just out of panel!". Like the sake cups.

Sabo himself is ok. Not my favorite, but generally he does some ok stuff. I still don't think Luffy should have given a poo poo about Ace's fruit, but it being why Sabo shows up works.

That's just One Piece tho. Sanji had an entire family backstory that was never mentioned till it was relevant, and I'm guessing we have more to come, based on Brook's comments about being part of a "certain kingdom" and Franky's parents being unnamed pirates. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a reveal about Nami's family in the future too.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Where's my boy Pearl at?

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

mabels big day posted:

Depending on the official translation of Vegapunk's devil fruit theory, it's pretty drat close to what I theorized back when we got Gear 5. Devil Fruits are the manifestations of "concepts". If enough people believe and wish for a Sun God, it will exist as a DF.

Take away the word Fruit and you have the premise of Chainsaw Man.

I power the One Piece Break Week Devil.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

I think I know what the Straw Hat is now.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Drakkel posted:

Scary Thought: If they can clone any paramecia fruit from the Doflamingo Crew, that means the Government has Sugar's powers now

Even scarier thought - They clone Donflamingo's fruit.

Birdcage 2.0!

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

I'm not convinced that there are any Seraphim from the later members of the Warlords, seeing as we've only seen ones from the original seven. I reckon we'll see Donflamingo, Crocodile, and Gecko ones, but not Buggy, Weevil, or Law. I also doubt there is a Blackbeard one as he wasn't part of the group for very long and they might not have had a chance to get whatever DNA they needed from him. Though, a Blackbeard Seraphim could introduce a way to explain whatever weird thing is up with his body.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Bisse posted:

Don't tell me One Piece's final villain is Doppio and Diavolo

D. Oppio and D. Iavolo

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

mabels big day posted:

Really, when Enel isn't in the scene, all the characters should be asking: "where's Enel?"

Enel died on the way back from the moon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

When are we going to see more Urouge? He's the only Supernova who hasn't interacted with the Straw Hats since the timeskip. Even Killer has had more screen time than Urouge.