Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
One Piece is great but now that it's in it's long final stretch it's time for the series to completely fall apart like all the other long term Shonen I take in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Rody One Half posted:

We are going to finish this series without ever learning Dragon's deal, money on table.

We're also going to end with Buggy being publicly acknowledged as the Pirate King, as is correct

Buggy will not be pirate king because he's going to wind up being King of the World.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

they “fought” already at marie jois. iirc buggy’s power protected him from mihawk’s swing but not the follow-up blast of wind

It went like Mihawk tries to cut him, fails. Buggy chucks a buggy bomb at him which Mihawk casually bunts back at him with the flat of his sword. Buggy explodes.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Crocodile is vulnerable to water because it makes him clumpy and mushy but his left hand also dries up all water instantly.

Makes u think.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
He'll always be Zolo to me.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Gyges posted:

You are a monster.

At least I don't eat cookies right off the ground like some green haired animals I could properly name.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

its funny that don krieg and kuro are literally the only main villains in the entire series to never become relevant again in any way. i guess hody is also down and out but hes also sent offscreen with the implication that hell die soon.

Arlong is entirely in flashbacks, right?

I guess if he wasn't in Impel Down he's probably been enslaved on Mary Geoise somewhere.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Thinking about if Mihawk still sails around in his tiny coffin boat that he somehow sails from one end of the world to the other. Getting deep into (presumably) Shanks new world territory after leaving the Baratie to show him Luffy's first bounty poster while the Strawhats were still in loving Coco Village.

Maybe it actually has a really sophisticated motor that does all the work while he poses broodily for weeks on end as he travels.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

I mean, if we're talking Ivankov. Do recall one of Ivankov's attacks is a forced gender change (admittedly one that makes the victims happy). I don't wholly buy Ivankov would not threaten someone with such a secret.

Every time I reread Impel Down I have to pause for a minute to wonder where that guy loving came from. How did he even know Ivankov was there, or that level 5.5 existed? Was this a long term revenge scheme or just a one in a million opportunity for revenge? Was he already a prisoner or just the one fucker breaking into the place who actually managed a low profile?

Caidin fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Sep 3, 2022

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Vegapunk is out there putting out Lunarian warlord clone child soldier cyborgs, the only way he could chump on Judge and Caesar's mad science crimes harder is if a giant one popped out later.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

It'll be fine, Teach is just returning that favor he owes him and is gonna go take him on a bender.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

Seraphim Buggy is never sent to the frontlines because Vegapunk is tearing his hair out trying to figure out what went wrong to have him so weak.

Oda once said that if Buggy actually applied himself he could be a high level player in the new world, Seraphim Buggy is gonna go out there and actually be the strongest showing of all of them while 99.9% of the world nods it's head in awe.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Canvindish would no sell it at first but the next panel Hakuba pops out and it turns out bloodlust is still lust.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I just want Tashigi to kick Zolo's poo poo in, proper. I don't care if Vegapunk has to give her a Raiden-esque full cyborg conversion. Just make it happen.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm guessing they've decided to off Vegapunk because his (her?/they?) poo poo is getting TOO good. They don't need somebody who can make stuff that could combat or counteract Uranus or whatever did the sky lasers, they trying to build and maintain a status quo. If they have the tools they feel they need for that already then it's time to bump'em off before they build Kronos in a fit of creative whimsy or something.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Blackbeard really accelerating his loving with Luffy's frenemies now, really must be the last act. I appreciate that he rebuilt the big dumb raft and is hanging with his core boys.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

anime was right posted:

the sick sick fruit is just the better version of ivas fruit because it can do even more

what are the odds doc q has an equivalent of monster point by giving himself a disease

He's gonna pull out a special little move that infects people with a plague that turns them into icy berserk demons.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm waiting to hear the exact explanation behind the Seraphim, beyond whatever other modifications they've had, being based on the original warlords.

Oda seems to be about to establish that Kuma is in fact genetically different so maybe they all were. That's the secret Ivankov has on Crocodile, even.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Brandfarlig posted:

Guns already suck in OP without taking a minute to reload.

It is completely wild to me that Izou showed up and their entire thing was just rocking flintlocks. Killed a CP0 agent with one, while already beat to poo poo themselves. Has a sword sometimes but no thanks, I do guns. Just plain drat weird.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Probably a side effect when he comes out of it. Lucci actually seems in somewhat better shape as he already recovered, probably only got knocked out for a second or two.

He is a Awakened Zoan, presumably he's at least as quick to get back up as the beast guards from impel Down.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Super Rad posted:

If we're ever going to find out something about Luffy's mom I bet it's gonna be the woman whos back is turned on this issue's cover

Isn't that just Robins mom? Olivia?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

YggdrasilTM posted:

I don't understand the sequence of events. Why didn't the Seraphims go with them? How can Lucci recover so fast? Where were Kaku and Stussy in the meantime?

Lucci is an awakened zoan, who were touted back in impel Down to have extreme stamina and recovery. Assuming he has the same resilience as the Mino guards he'd probably be tough as gently caress to keep down without, say, punching him into an undersea volcano or something.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

YggdrasilTM posted:

Why didn't they just stay there and defeat the CP0

I dunno, they know the marines are on the way and tends to get places dummy fast? If they stick it out they'll just wind up under siege on Egghead.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Does triplet theory why Blackbeards would go through the trouble of an intricate decades long con for no apparent benefit besides the appearance of multiple fruits? The mystique isn't worth that much.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Blackbeard seems like a pretty cool guy to party with.

Eiba posted:

Garp is not going to get chumped, but that's because Blackbeard doesn't chump anyone. He gets hosed up and flails around before ultimately sinking the dagger into the perfect place and getting his victory.

Leaps before he looks, never comes off looking great in the first clash and usually needs his crew to save his rear end just like his light mirror. Looking forward to Blackbeard so much :allears:

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
One wonders exactly at the difficulties of the formation of what may as well of been a science pirate crew was back in the day, that shot of the MADS armed and ready to rock, all known members are amoral if not psychotic and while Vegapunk qualities as a combatant are unknown, Ceaser and Queen are in the top percentage of the worlds most dangerous people. Judge probably is too, I dunno. I can only think of the fight with Sanji that the latter didn't think was worth it so it's hard to say.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
It is long retired shonen trinity star Ichigo Kurosaki

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Reading the spoilers are a kickass adventure

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Right; how many characters have we seen being born so that we can knock them off the list of clones? I can think of Ace off the top of my head. We also have Oden's kids as babies, so they're fine.

Well, Vegapunk is a little rough on the math but I'd say their only about 6/7 clone at most.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Love me dem early scans.

It's kinda hard to figure Morgans angle harboring fugitives of the WG, but I guess he's already on the poo poo list since he punched out that one CP guy and printed whatever story he wanted. I'm given to wonder about his apparent untouchability, I guess even the World Government would have trouble finding airships and sky islands. It seems like the implication is the secret saboteur is a robot?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Long Nami is frightening

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

anime was right posted:

wonder what usopp is worried about

The Navy, hidden saboteurs, where Stella Vegapunk went, getting owned in general.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Wellwinds posted:

I feel like Lucci is probably going to try and kill the elder star guy before the arc is over in order to control the seraphim, whether thats due to disagreements in how to use them or because they get aimed at him

Whether that ends up with him as an ally or just own his own team is up in the air

It's been over 20 years since the Elder Stars were introduced and now, finally, one is potentially going to be in punching distance of Luffy. loving wild.

Do they have moves? I mean they all have scars and poo poo despite being World Nobles, who the hell they all brawl with? Maybe being one of the 5ES has some combat qualifications, or does this tie into how they haven't aged since the O'hara Flashback and they're actually a bunch of Highlander assholes?

Getting hyped here.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

BoosterDuck posted:

I need something to snack on though

Reeses Sticks the final perfect form of the product line, go with those.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I forget the details, but Pedro had already lost most of his lifespan to Big Mom at some point in the past and was at about the end of his time. He really wanted a reason to go out with a bang.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
If y'all don't like speed scan discussions so much why don't you just check out till the scans YOU like come out?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
https://opscans.com/manga/71/vol-tbe-chapter-1075/

New chapter, you can read it if you want, I assume.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I am increasingly unable to discern the traitor punk's intentions, if that's even where this is still going. I'm not dismissing this all going completely sideways and the secret villain isn't the brokedown giant robots A.I or something hijacking Egghead on the sly. Also, frankly? The deck is so turbo stacked on Kid here that it'd be lame if he just lost, like it's not going build Shanks up a bit if he stomps one boat full of rowdies with his entire powerbase and also he giant buddies. Waiting for that twist.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I wonder how long it took Sugar to explain to Dofly what the gently caress she was doing before he believed and understood how to capitalize on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Holy crap, that headshot was the most brutal thing I can remember seeing in One Piece before. Shaka wondering off solo, without actually saying where he was going was certainly not logical either