Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Gear 4 luffy in Untitled One Piece FG is a stance character that switches between rushdown and zoning between bound and snakeman forms.

Seconding that gear 4 and especially boundman owns and is so incredibly luffy. One piece gold does it some real justice.
And you have snakeman for the overly serious funhaters.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Aug 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Eiba posted:

With regards to Mihawk's bounty: he's always been presented as Shanks' rival and a superior combatant. He may have only been a Shichibukai, but he's always been on a Yonkou level when it comes to pure combat ability. At least that's the impression I've always had. The only reason he wasn't a Yonkou before is that he couldn't be bothered to do anything but study the blade. Now that he's got Buggy and Crocodile to handle the logistics of running a pirate empire, he's instantly as threatening, if not more threatening, as Shanks is as a Yonkou. His bounty appropriately reflects that, even if Buggy gets the actual title.

Id say sure yeah mihawk might just edge out shanks in a straight fight but its been implied thats shanks ability and strength as an emperor is also very much tied to his crew.

Like how Whitebeard was the strongest human but what made him an emperor was his massive, highly loyal fleet composed of strong people in their own right.

Otoh this does imply mihawk has been severely holding back. Cant wait so see him go full on sicko mode

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Scholtz posted:

They're too busy looking for their missing hat

Well imu has it

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Youd think crocoboy would have kept his head lower then, instead of beelining to whitebeard getting his rear end kicked then becoming shichibukai

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Guts is a stat

Im sold

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Crosspeice posted:

While the Gorosei think Sabo is unlucky I think Im chose that random island with vague context because they knew Sabo would be there, two birds with one large UFO kinda stone. Whether it's a fruit power or a alien power or whatever, we'll have to see.

Orrrr
its the other way around, lulusia is the unlucky one for having sabo on it.

The way I see it Buster Calls are the WGs deterrent while whatever Im did is their actual superweapon and erasure from history.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Violen posted:

i really don't think there's more to the events than the literal destruction of an island by whatever means we saw. i don't think im striking out the island on a map represents anything more than dramatic direction indicating the choice of target, and i don't think the language involved in erasing something from history speaks to anything more than a practical enforcement of that by way of threat and censorship same as they handled ohara and modern prying into/records of the void century/ancient kingdom and their relics. the elders outright threaten the surveillance team to forget what they heard if they know what's good for them after panicking about sabo's impending words (doubling up on risk of revealing both the existence/possible detailed identity of im depending on what he saw, and revealing the WG's resident superweapon in the middle of planned use). i also think the order of conversation between the elders is that sabo was just born under a bad star here.

Yeah absolutely
weve already seen what erased from history means: just the WG killing or imprisoning everyone and keeping any info under tight lock and key, and since everyone lives on islands far away from each other, with especially dangerous travel the further you go down the grand line/new world, its a relatively easy job to keep everyone in the dark.

What i meant is the buster call is to terrorize and beat down any resistance, the superweapon is for when they/imu wants things absolutely gone.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

There have to be old one piece fans
This delay disrepects them

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Pureauthor posted:

I just noticed the Lulusia king randomly has vampire fangs for some reason

You cant be a king without strong branding

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Asuron posted:

Pluton is said to also be able destroy an island and Poseidon gives you completely undisputed control over the seas. If you could command the sea kings in a concerted effort, good luck ever travelling across the ocean again.

Uranus being a orbital sky cannon makes sense to me and it also makes sense that’s how the WG wiped out the civilisation they were at war with. It’s the only way total annihilation on that scale could have happened.

Pluton is supposed to be a warship so potentially the three were made to complement/counter each other

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ill be mad if vegapunk is just one more nami in a skin tight bodysuit

give me the fun design oda! you owe everyone this!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Waffleman_ posted:

Maybe Vegapunk just has an inferiority complex.

Well yeah makes sense for the only one of the one piece super science people to *not* think theyre hot poo poo to be vegapunk.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Perhaps

Perhaps both

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Funky Valentine posted:

Jinbe already has a O-scale model train layout in the Sunny's hold.

And hes tended a bunch of bonsai as landscape for it. and hes making cheese and alcohol.

He makes tiny kegs and cheese wheels for the trains to deliver

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Odas just completely off the reins
just so incredibly dense with information i cant even start

Luccis back?! And hes....growing a Conscience???

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Lmao
"Fee & Deposit"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I was a little disappointed with how not weird the Hexapunks were

But gently caress
gently caress
Original vegapunk

Goddamn
Its everything i ever wanted and more

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Jerusalem posted:

Enel chilling on the moon thinking he's finally reached the point where none can ever challenge him again, only to make the Enel face when Luffy suddenly shows up out of nowhere would be a hoot :)

heyyy enel-guy
guess what i can do now

also theyre calling me sun god nika now

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I'm not convinced that there are any Seraphim from the later members of the Warlords, seeing as we've only seen ones from the original seven. I reckon we'll see Donflamingo, Crocodile, and Gecko ones, but not Buggy, Weevil, or Law. I also doubt there is a Blackbeard one as he wasn't part of the group for very long and they might not have had a chance to get whatever DNA they needed from him. Though, a Blackbeard Seraphim could introduce a way to explain whatever weird thing is up with his body.

Counterpoint

S-Buggy would be funny

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mraagvpeine posted:

Thinking about Blackbeard's fruit and how it's the opposite of Luffy's fruit. Is it despair to oppose Luffy's hope?

I dont think BBs a despair kind of guy, all consuming ambition and greed sure but not despair.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Is the joke that thats what odyssey is

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its a framing device to show how theyre similar but irreconcilably different.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Crazyeyes posted:

Kind of an anomalus term in a manga where a guy turned into a mountain before another guy cut him in half, but feel like the "strongest" has gotta be Burgess, right?

Oh yeah
Burgess is going to get completely chumped in a contest of strength against garp.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

when frankie doesnt have a fat rear end, all the characters should be looking around and going "why doesnt frankie have a fat rear end"

anyways was watching not-spain arc, fell asleep at the cat cage and woke up and its like 50 episodes later and random secondary characters are still dueling and having the same flashback cuts. think its time for a break

also also lol @ the blind admiral being all "gently caress we have to protect the civvies at all costs #1 priority" and then just getting bored and casting loving Meteor on the city

Anime dressrosa is loving dire.
The absolute worst padding and the cheapest animation. The wano animation reboot should have happened sooner.

(Mind you its still sucky at pacing but ill excuse it for the moments of pure sakuga)

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ate marines
Ate the world government
At nobles
Love freedom
Love meat
Love me nakama
simple as

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Crazyeyes posted:

Also judging by the name of Shanks' attack, has it been confirmed that he is somehow directly connected/related to the Celestial Dragons? I know he went up there to talk to them so surely there's something, but I think he might actually be one.

It's Roger's move. The word, kamusari, is used in shinto myth to refer to a god dying.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Mar 24, 2023

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kidd also had the chaos and attrition Big mom was facing on his side. Also Law. Hes no slouch but he had a favorable match-up.
Shanks is a dude who would give his own arm for a kid hes fond of. Hes not going to gently caress around if you mess with his friends, so Kidd got max power from the start.

Im just not that attached to Kidd anyways so him jobbing isnt a big disappointment

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Mar 24, 2023

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

mabels big day posted:

I wonder if that would also imply he can nullify armament haki too, which would make Kid's defenses entirely useless.

Yeah thats what Ryuo and advanced conquerors do.
Its how luffy got his punches to work on kaido.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Im loving the Garp De Burst. He probably punched the sea to do it, too

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah im going out for some Yakiwanpiisu

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

bobjr posted:

Oda is going to turn to dust when the last OP chapter is released

Please. Its Cigarette ashes.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I wonder how theyll handle people just being really fuckin tall

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cat Machine posted:

Classic Oda to have a chapter called 'The Truth About That Day' and then not reveal the truth of what happened on that day

no no the printers got it wrong its The Truth? About that day...!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Drakkel posted:

Lotta people seem to think One Piece operates on DBZ logic where if someone weaker than you punches you in the face, you not only take zero damage but your face doesn't even move cause you're immune to physics. Thus it makes no logical sense how Shanks could ever lose an arm to a creature that Chapter 1 Luffy was able to beat in one punch, despite the numerous times in the series characters have taken hits because Haki is an active thing the user has to maintain and not just permanent 24/7 super armor. Like there's multiple fights where Luffy almost dies cause he wears himself out using Haki too much even!

you say DBZ logic but goku got ganked in resurrection F
Also that bit where krillin threw a rock at him

E: and thats exactly the video that got linked lmao

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Gyges posted:

He placed a bet on the new generation, and you can't take your stakes out of the pot until the bet's over.

When its over hes going to comission a new arm to he can take over Silvers Rayleighs job of sitting in a chair while wearing a hawaiian shirt and shorts and reading newspapers

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah they called them the supernovas because they were burning an uncommonly fast line up the pirate ranks and through the grand line.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Scholtz posted:

Is the Berry a fiat money, and if not, what is it backed by?

Berry is gold or some other kind of standard

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Did Cobras mysterious coughing disease come up before now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

anime was right posted:

BIG NEWS BIG SPOILER: [spioler]break next week[/sploier]