Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The Will of D(icks)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

zoro defeats mihawk but isnt going to kill him, then mihawk gets stabbed while hes down, i guess? but after beating mihawk shiliew wouldnt really seem like much of a challenge

Maybe Shiliew ganks Mihawk at the last minute, awakens his devil fruit and Zoro has to become the first swordsman in the world to cut nothing

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Zoro’s true final boss has always been Down D. Stairs, anyways

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Pre-timeskip was almost certainly better but the ambition and scope were so much smaller and for a series to be this consistent for so long is unprecedented

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I would launch Foxy the Silver Fox into the sun

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Boy that really drives home how lovely Law’s crew is

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
This is erasure of Down D. Stairs, Zoro’s greatest nemesis after Check D. Map

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Wano was just so bloated and it really lessens the impact of what’s going on to have so many characters taking up space that I just simply do not give a gently caress about

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

the bitcoin of weed posted:

These guys and tbf all of the scabbards owned but maybe we didn't also need like 5 additional supernovas and goddamn marco the phoenix and the entire mink tribe all taking up page space

One of Marco’s guys died. Did anyone else remember that? He was the guy actually from Wano and he just didn’t matter lol.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Fluff I’m sorry but how the gently caress is this not just a perma

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Caidin posted:

Kidd is just another Silver medalist who got knocked out swinging at an emperor, the stories had a few. If he lives he might hope to be Nu Crocodile, but with his design I would expect Nu Moira.

Oh my god I hope Luffy runs into him and he’s just fat as gently caress now

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
It would be neat to get a birds eye view of the story and actually see the sum of Luffy’s current power and influence from the perspective of a total neophyte in the new world

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

lih posted:

oh yeah i forgot about that. it seems possible enough that they went "oh you want to know the truth?" and just took cobra to im who then killed him, and sabo just happened to be sneaking around nearby, or was eavesdropping or whatever

This is my take on what happened honestly

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
What were the ethics and morality regarding the time Franky hit Big Mom with a dune buggy

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

It doesn't help that the manga essentially spent Punk Hazard to Wano on one breakneck plot thread for 10 years

How long in universe was that span of time anyways

Like, 2 weeks?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
E: good god that post was 3 pages back

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Please don’t go blond Oda

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

I seem to remember this one shot being quite solid but also making me quite sad for how Shokugeki ended

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Gyges posted:

Has Robin really only had two solo for real fights? Fat dude ducking with the ruins and Black Maria?

In fairness the last time those kinds of solo fights were happening was what, Thriller Bark or Fishman Island?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

No Wave posted:

Ryokogyu is actually reverse power creep cause he seems weaker than the original 3.

Being an Admiral doesn’t mean as much as it used to, Luffy is likely stronger than Kizaru now anyways

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Hell, Zoro and Sanji are probably roughly on par now too

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Frankly after this discussion all I want is to post more spoilers now

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I ate the spoiler-spoiler fruit and became a spoiler man

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Ok so I have to know is it good

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Y’all realize Luffy is the most libertarian to ever libertarian right

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

kdrudy posted:

Not anywhere near selfish enough

He doesn’t share his meat

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Wasn’t it literally years since Luffy and Franky interacted or some such

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Marineford is where One Piece turned into an epic, for better and for worse.

You get less intimate character moments but the poo poo going on moment to moment is often incredible

E: It’s basically the anime equivalent of The Lord of the Rings at this point

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Gyges posted:

Unfortunately, she's not old enough to legally pirate. Seriously one of the most wtf moments when I found out she was 16.

She turns down weed just as suggested in a 90s D.A.R.E. video.

There was a streak of those for a bit, I think Shirahoshi and Rebecca are the same age

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

The only One Piece Age Fact you need to know is that Doc Q is 28.

I don’t believe it

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The other good One Piece Age Fact is that Sanji’s manga and anime ages are different because he was too young to be smoking in the manga

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Gyges posted:

Don't know how any of you are labeling Lucci as a final/big boss when Spandam was in charge and the instigator of Water 7/Inies Loby.

Same reason you label that for Katakuri

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
E: might be spoiling something

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Eiba posted:

Nah, at least not for me. A lot of the distaste of Ivankov outing Crocodile as trans comes from the fact that that's a real thing people can do, and that I know people who have had very traumatic experiences related to other people sharing that kind of information to hurt them. I do not know of anyone ashamed of having been enslaved by brutal all powerful world nobles. In the context of the One Piece world, it's pretty bad, but because it's only bad in the context of that world it doesn't seem as viscerally scummy as outing him.

The flip-side to that is that if you replace “slavery” with “abuse” then that is a thing that happens commonly in real life that some people do not want brought up and for which forcibly outing that information can be incredibly cruel.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I hope everybody is Luffy’s brother and/or sister

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
This includes Funkfreed

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ManSedan posted:

I mean Saturn is the first one we’ve seen so he’s clearly the weakest.

Another nail in Midhawk’s coffin

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Doctor Syrup posted:

They already complained about not having lobster!

I also am complaining about this tbf

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
If Luffy turns out to be any kind of relative of Roger’s I quit, I don’t want to go on a boring adventure like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Good lord how did Roger’s crew even have a chance against the Rocks Pirates