Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Terper posted:

Technically Buggy could be able to avoid even blunt damage if he was good enough with his fruit. Get good enough at splitting and he could avoid damage like Crocodile, but without the water weakness.[/spoiler

However,

Buggy is a logia whose element is Buggy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Between razing Amazon Lily, kidnapping Coby, and now kidnapping Pudding and loving with Law, Blackbeard is just speedrunning things that would piss Luffy off

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Robin tearing up when the shittily drawn dragon disappears

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think that adds tension frankly.

Mihawk getting a surge of power after remembering that one time Zoro forgot to replace the toilet roll.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I think there's a chance it might be bakkin/weevil, given that they're characters that have had 0 overall influence on the story so far and characters that we have little to know idea of how powerful they are.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Weevil is a momma's boy for Bakin and it seems extremely unlikely Bakin would be helping Vegapunk if there wasn't something in it for her.

Vegapunk was surprised that the mystery guest accepted his plea without reservation, it's also possible that Bakkin is the last member of Mads, and given that Bakkin/Weevil are ex-Warlords that are now wanted by the WG it would make sense that Vegapunk has been secretly sheltering them on Egghead without the govt being aware. Granted there is no evidence of any of this, but its just as possible as any other theory out there.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Sundayturks posted:

So, what do we think the the big Kuma-ball that Bonney's about to touch really contains?
Doubtful it's actually just 'pain' as with Zoro, maybe Kuma's painful memories but it isn't exactly specified that whatever was expelled came from him - got a feeling we're due a big 'ol flashback from it anyway!

Makes me wonder if Zoro really did just get 'pain'

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

CatstropheWaitress posted:

What's the worst chapter :munch:

probably one of the ones where absalom creeps on nami

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Fungah! posted:

hey dude you seem like imp zone material. you should give it a shot, ths is the kind of poo poo that goes over great there

I agree and am looking forward to his introductory post

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Pythagoras is weird to me because of all of the Vegapunk aspects his personality is the least recognizable as what he's supposed to be. Granted it's hard to evince 'Wisdom' but he feels really flat personality wise when all of the others have managed to evoke what they are all about.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Stussy and her evil twin Twossy

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

An ongoing theme for the new world is you can't loving coast on just your fruit powers. Kidd rarely used his haki and whipped out his powers to tackle most fights, which worked fairly well most of the time, just not up against possibly the most adept haki user in the goddamned world.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Considering where netflix is at and how much money they spent on this I'm not sure if there even exists a level of success for this that gets a season 2 but I hope it's good enough to get people interested in the series in general.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

So since awakened zoans presumably take on some of the attitude of thier fruit, then Saturn's line about 'it's been a while since I've been on the surface' might be read as whatever devil fruit talking and not necessarily Saturn, it's been a long time since the devil has been allowed to surface.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Will of D. ---> Davey

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

anime was right posted:

or maybe its celestial dragon blood:

maybe they themselves are weak to water, which is why they chose to live on the highest point in the world?

building on this idea, maybe the reason celestial dragons are given whatever they want is so their pent up desires and dreams don't manifest into devil fruit powers.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Kild posted:

Where was Wano's miracle pill?

Sunnachi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I always figured the sea level rising was connected to pluton, given that pluton is somewhere in the underwater portion of wano and wano seems to be generating infinite amounts of water from its waterfalls.