Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I can't believe Yamato didn't get on the boat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Larryb posted:

Bold of you to think that One Piece will even be over when the manga is (I wouldn’t be surprised if they decided to start a Boruto/Yashahime style sequel series later about a new generation of pirates)

Oda deserves a rest. Let him run an anthology series where he occasionally drops in for some chapters while other authors do stuff in the same world or the same characters (i wanna see a series about the ramen CM straw hats) and possibly in canon

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://twitter.com/newworldartur/status/1568356807231569920

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
As a refresher, Vegapunk is composed of six bodies. They are:
Punk-01 "Shaka" - "good".
Punk-02 "Lilith" - "evil". (with Franky, Nami, Usopp, Robin, Zoro, Sanji and Brook(?))
Punk-03 "Edison" - "thinking/thought".
Punk-04 "Pythagoras" - "wisdom".
Punk-05 "Atlas" - "violence/wrath". (with Luffy, Chopper, and Jinbei)
Punk-06 "York" - "greed".

They are all referred to as his Satellites and use the kanji for cat with the furigana spelling satellite

Speculation: Vegapunk had/has three other bodies which are missing/hiding/dead as a reference to cats having "9 lives"

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 12, 2022

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
What a duwang

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Vegapunk is 100% gonna eat it this arc but leave his partitioned selves behind as well as a special Seraphim that answers only to him and has his Devil Fruit power.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Garp's gonna waste the mooks on the island and then get whupped by BB or one of his crew. Coby's gonna see that and awaken a top tier Conqueror's Haki and allow them to limp away to freedom

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

It looks like Odyssey is getting price dropped to 40 dollars at multiple stores.

Odyssey, looking at Steam reviews, seems kinda disappointing sadly

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Official Scans up: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/one-piece-chapter-1101/chapter/41137?action=read

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Plutonis posted:

I think not only Kuma's Free Will survived but the Seraphim will attain self-awareness and break from the WG's orders eventually. I think something that has been set up on this flashback and the arc as a whole (like Vegapunk being surprised that original personalities of the Seraphim clone templates) is that the human will cannot be suppressed (and Vegapunk actually did try to sabotage, even if slightly, the WG's attempts to do so on Kuma).

I assume Bonney will try and use her powers on Kuma if just to get a proper farewell to her father as she knew him before the effects wear off and he's back to being a cyborg with some of the heart, but none of the memories.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I predict the main body of Vegapunk will die, but the other remaining parts survive (and maybe create an android Vegapunk)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Eiba posted:

I mean, that's Hawkins' power, right?

It would be thematically appropriate for the Gorosei to have a version of it, but they could just be impervious to physical attacks, like Lunarians with their flame on, or Big Mom for some reason.

In the worst case Luffy can just punch a hole through the planet's crust and dunk them into the magma again, I guess.

There's definitely precedent for people who're just straight up immune to harm until they run out of whatever juice they have that makes them immune. It's just a matter of figuring out what kind of juice the Gorosei runs on and either running it down or cutting it off or negating it altogether.