Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

dont read or watch just want to be in on the ground floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

im doing my first time watch rn, and I can't be the only one that thinks that Ace died like a bozo, right? Mans was home free and suicided for some schoolyard rear end taunts, I thought there was gonna be some real knife twist poo poo

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Whitebeard: needs to be kept on life support, is old as gently caress and dying, takes over 500 stabs/shots/magic punches to finally take him down -- and dies standing
Ace: one melty punch

blackbeards fun tho

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Just an entire cover story based on Falling Down

Gets stuck in a traffic jam at a dock and it goes downhill from there

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

the fish queens plan doesnt get less stupid with more info, right? Like being "ok lets move everyone out of Constantinople and move into the Levant, so we can become best friends with the Caliph" or something even dumber I can't make a metaphor for

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Arist posted:

I think they're talking about Otohime?

yeah her. I guess the part about finding a place to colonize gets sidestepped since the plan seems to be "ask the world nobles/world summit to nicely give them some terra nullis" but uh why are you relying on the goodwill of the people mass enslaving you again? very unserious governance

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Kild posted:

Her plan was to coexist and join the World Government. They have no plans to actually move everyone out of Fishman Island, afaik?

I'm pretty sure her plan was to move everyone to the surface, or at least unless im incredibly dull or the dub really rewrote poo poo, b/c they said it like dozens of times? From what I can tell it was literally "we're scared of each other bc we're down here and we're up there, if we go up to where the cool sun is and become neighbors with regular exposure we'll bridge the gap between races :)" which is amazingly naieve even for one piece. Coexisting/joining the world government was step one to fully integrating with the surface world as part of it, as I understood

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

ok so it was about as dumb as it sounded at first glance, got it

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Gyges posted:

Franky X Robin is just one of those ships that I just don't get at all. They're just so completely different and non-compatable. Even if Robin grabbing his balls back at Water 7 grants way more actual physical evidence for it that 99.995% of all ships.

As far as inter-Strawhat romance goes, I'd say maybe Robin X Nami might make sense. Otherwise, that's just a whole lot of everyone taking very long bathroom trips.

Franky is a cyborg, he can modify himself to be compatable with anyone

anyways in the bird cage part of delarosa arc, honestly new world/time skip is pretty eh so far. Some good gags (hello baby man) but the main arcs are eh, dont care about most of the new secondary chars. Need less giant tiddies and more silly looking ppl

god usopp was an incredible gag tho

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

im Gay with a capital G

vvv Everyone's in love with Senior Pink, he's just That Guy

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jan 11, 2023

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Why isnt Frankie cheeked up? One Piece would be better if he had a dump trunk, but oda is afraid of assed

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

when frankie doesnt have a fat rear end, all the characters should be looking around and going "why doesnt frankie have a fat rear end"

anyways was watching not-spain arc, fell asleep at the cat cage and woke up and its like 50 episodes later and random secondary characters are still dueling and having the same flashback cuts. think its time for a break

also also lol @ the blind admiral being all "gently caress we have to protect the civvies at all costs #1 priority" and then just getting bored and casting loving Meteor on the city

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jan 11, 2023

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Zoro's swordmaster definitely "accidentally" killed his daughter for trying to break gender norms, right? The framing of her breaking into the adult convo, him being "shut the gently caress up you're a girl" smash cut to "and then she fell down some stairs and died" paired with his vaguely sinister vibes afterwards and discomfort with her as a topic w.r.t. zoro all feel like they point to it?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

you dont know that, he could come back into the story and kill Smoker's right hand lady :colbert:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

a lot of crocodile mom lovers calling me out on this, i wont name names

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Delphisage posted:

Make a boring theory, and then deflect criticism by calling them supporters of a fun theory.

I was more wondering if anyone had the same read, which seems like a solid "no" this time around. For the record croco-mom rules and I wish he was my mom too.

and yeah happens early enough that tonal inconsistency can be somewhat hand waved away with everything still being established

im willing to meet people halfway and say it was just because he didnt want to be a single dad anymore

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 11, 2023

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Zoro will complete his dream by carring a printer snail up those stairs for tsuragi and not drop a single bead of sweat

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

I mean Mihawk is way more goth than zolo

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

sounds cooler than "swordsman pirate zolo"

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

They should call him the durag swordsman. Also Sanji should get some of Ivas hormones and live his best life as a lesbian chef

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Slab...of meat??

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

With a Capital G (remoursefully)

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

holy poo poo senior babys backstory, what an absolute goober lmfao

also the whole "rebecca remains untainted" thing seems a bit forced since she's been throwing people into shark infested waters to win instead of directly murdering them, no?

i do appreciate that Pika's laugh is finally the one too dumb to not go unremarked on in universe

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jan 14, 2023

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

But they won their peace, which is far more valuable than the entire material wealth built up over doflamingos reign. Shame about the decade of trauma and all the dead tho

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Stairs-kun...?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

It's dragón!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

if I was doflamingo, I would simply stand outside the bird cage and win

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

holy poo poo the blind admiral is such a dick. "oh you all werent using the ruined remnants of your homes, right? let me launch them all into the air so they can get extra pummeled"

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

yeah I mean obviously, but its not like doflamingo ever really played at anything but. Sincerely caring about casualties while also opening by making the island look like the moon or dropping metors is just weird. like drat man, people were still picking through that rubble and poo poo, its like 48 hours after the bird cage

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

just finished catching up on the anime, time to read. what a ride, at least the anime got flashy in the last season. wonder what mister monkey gets up to next

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Appo should get his own 4kids rap and be voiced by emenem

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

so did pedro actually do anything or did he just suicide bomb for the vibes

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

robin gay for yamato?? hell, same

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

starting to get the impression vegapunk is an rear end man from these outfits

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Anyways im all caught up now. What a ride! Excited to learn about the Kuma's tragic backstory as Luffy gains a sister in Bonney

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

yeah I mean having just finished it, Wano definitely felt like it needed an extra chapter and a half of wind down, going straight to the obligatory Shanks cameo into loving off felt a bit whiplash -- though honestly typing it out im pretty hype to be on the train for fast moving anything-can-happen One Piece.

also my new theory for the birdcage is that no one could cut it because Doflamingo was just completely off his rocker with being a sick nasty revenge boi. I guess Admiral lad could've cutted it at the last second but he had his whole "i need luffy to win/fix this in my stead" thing going on

also whitebeard jr is 100% an early MADS clone and showing up in this arc

when will we learn religns bounty

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Feb 15, 2023

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

wait law can do Corizons entire power, and then all the other actually useful poo poo? lmao what a fruit

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

No Wave posted:

Two weeks ago I realized out why law chose the name heart pirates. i'm so smart.

its because he's a surgeon, duh

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

|| omg good chapter ||

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Eiba posted:

Her jacket and boots are great.

That's all I can say.

her not getting a full body outfit of those screams "no fight on this island for me"