Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Crazyeyes posted:

Probably just that it is a clearly strong fruit in the sense its effect seems to bypass haki, maybe fruit powers, and generally everything else besides genuine disinterest.

I still love that one marine who when confronted with Hancock just stabbed the poo poo out of his hand so he wouldn't give a gently caress about how beautiful she is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I love the idea of the Germa 66 being Judge's attempt to be Vegapunk just with his kids instead of his psyche. I guess Sanji is like if Desire ran off?

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Kart Barfunkel posted:

I finished the Water 7/Enies Lobby saga!!

I don’t need to tell anybody here how great it was.

My question right now is based off where I’m at, are there any good One Piece movies I could watch?

I’ve already (also only) seen the sixth movie, Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island. But I was wondering if there were any other good ones at this point.

I hold to Gold being damned solid and I didn't mind Strong World which I want to say is "Canonish"? Also Z is good and I think that was the OG Kizaru voice actors last bit of One Piece and that dude made Kizaru eternally my favorite character. I want my Admirals on dabs constantly.

TGG fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Nov 10, 2022

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
drat ugly as that scan may be I loving love Vegapunk's whole thing now. gently caress that is some premium One Piece.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I was sure as hell not expecting Vegapunk to be this fun!

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Oh I get it now, Blackbeard already had the Paw Paw Fruit and just pushed the pushing devil fruits push out of the fruit and just pushed the rest into Kuma. It would even explain how he has all those twins, he pushed out parts of himself.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Infinitum posted:

Seeing how there are new manga readers ITT atm

Spoilers: Very cool fan animatic of one of the fight scenes from the current arc

That was one premium fanimatic, it earned that click.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I am so ready for more Garp, drat he is comfortably my favorite character just for pure implied insane power and I so want to see him at his max.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

tbp posted:

nami is going to be the one to fight vasco shot because she can outdrink him + oda used his last appearance prior to this one to setup Weird Rapey Vibes with him and that just seems like an Oda interaction to create after doing that

I wouldn't even rule out some kinda awesome girl power dual take down with her and Robin to cement that the bullshit that is his character can't stand up to strong women. Just have them one shot the gently caress

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

side_burned posted:

Garp, smacked Marco out of the air with out trying. Garp had legit chance being able to beat Whitebeard on that day.

I like the shot of Whitebeard after Garp takes Marco down, this look on his face that just says "oh we're hosed now"

Though thinking about it, wasn't Sengoku still up top? He's at least Whitebeard/Garp level himself and likely could have hosed Marco up as well.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Sakazuki believes in THOROUGH JUSTICE, he definitely has a kid.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Yeah I got the vibe Croc was the planner, Buggy the face and Mihawk the muscle.

Also so ready for the reveal that Croc is actually Hancocks mother, it only makes sense.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Could we just be talking about the Mother Frame that holds the Mother Flame? Seems like that fits it all in one.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I think Street Fighter is big again?

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I'll admit I always liked that Oda said that if Akainu would be willing to put in the effort/care in general to find One Piece, he would find it quicker than any other major player. He just doesn't give a gently caress and has no desire to see it. Perfectly anti-Luffy!

Still stuns me that he said the Magma fruit is the most offensively powerful fruit when Pika fruit is around, but meh.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I'll say that trailer actually got me interested. It'll never be the same as the manga and what not, but it does seem like a pile of people who truly care about One Piece made this and that counts for quite a lot. The guy they have playing Luffy is SELLING it and I can really feel like some care was put into it. Lets hope it's solid, One Piece deserves quality.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Stoked so far, I just want the FULL Tom&Jerry

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
One Piece loving rocks.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Huh, I gotta admit I didn't see Kizaru caring about others even a little, hopefully we get some more info on him, he's always been my favorite Admiral.

admin edit: Put in spoilers

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

JuniperCake posted:

While that's true, a decent amount of chefs do smoke. Same with medical professionals and other high stress jobs

So that just makes him more chef like.

Yeah smoking is about as chef as you can get outside of heroin or coke, smoking is the only thing that kept me going on some long shifts.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Question about the Gorosei Isn't Saturn talking about touching the surface just him talking about coming down from Mariejois? The whole spot they are at in Mariejois is high in the air, he could have just been talking about finally coming out of his tower.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Croc is just the best, they can be whoever they want, just give me more of that laugh...........Mugiwara

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Have they ever said if Kuma can "push" devil fruit powers? If he can move pretty much anything around, even concepts like pain or fatigue, couldn't he just push Devil Fruits out of people? Seems like if someone can only have one Devil Fruit at a time (barring Blackbeard) he could just push devil fruits into other people to one shot folks?

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Paper Lion posted:

nika was first mentioned in skypiea, and was our only direct mention until wano. however, the flashbacks and things we have seen and been told are now recontextualizing various images and ideas that had been around longer. nika is a sun god because he will bring the dawn of liberation and freedom to a world cloaked in darkness. its symbolic at the very least, we do not know if it will be more literal than that and if it turns out it is, i am sure that there will be even more recontextualization of previous events.

Also I think it makes a bit more sense post Imu reveal, we have an embodiment of oppressive darkness which we now know is challenged by the freedom of the sun. Plus so much of One Piece just revels in the freedom of an open sky and the sun above, the joy of One Piece is in the sunny days over glorious blue.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I'm fine with Bonney conceivably having the Timeline-Timeline Fruit as opposed to being just Age-Age based It feels more up Oda's alley as far as funky fruits go.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Scholtz posted:

Daniel Day-Lewis comes out of retirement to play Ham Burger (Uncredited)

Daniel Day-Lewis as Doflamingo, I will accept nothing less. Just Dof stroll into meetings like Bill the Butcher.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Funky Valentine posted:

WHO'S THE GREATEST PIRATE?!

kaidou

WHO THE gently caress SAID THAT BROTHER

Ok I'm with you, Julius Carry is Kaidou because he is the Baddest.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Thinking about it, boredom setting in as I wait for the next chapter :(. I kinda think Zoro might be the one to take down Blackbeard and I think Luffy breaks Imu. Blackbeard is the darkness against Nika's light and I think Blackbeard just wins that. Blackbeard takes extra damage from physical attacks and can cancel Devil Fruits. Luffy fights him, gets his rear end kicked, Zoro/Sanji with no devil powers take down Blackbeard and at the end Luffy beats Imu.

I so want new chapters and I am now reduced to fun speculation I think.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Augus posted:

the two of them need to face off to settle once and for all whether the cherry pie was awful or delicious and whether the booze was really good or really bad

Bingo, they are too similar for me to assume they are going to kill each other. They both have correct opinions in their own way. Luffy's truest foe is Imu how holds freedom in chains. If Luffy fights Blackbeard it should be with words, otherwise his subordinates should crush his whole crew.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Augus posted:

Luffy and Teech have a lot in common but they are also direct opposites to one another. Blackbeard's idea of freedom comes across as a much more Randian "the strong should be allowed to do what they want and take what they want" than Luffy's. Blackbeard is a conquerer, Luffy is a liberator. Blackbeard goes to an island and takes everything they have, Luffy goes to an Island and gives food to starving children. Blackbeard is willing to sacrifice his crew for power, Luffy wants power for the sake of his crew.

Basically, Blackbeard is Evil Luffy.

poo poo you are totally right and I need to be less baked before tossing out theories.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

:justpost:

Really interested to know if BB or Imu will be the final villain, it could go either way at this point.

Are we not all ready for Enel to come down from heaven with his army of moon robots? That is my main villain of choice.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Brandfarlig posted:

And then enel instantly dies because lmao at him being a credible threat to Luffy at this point.

You're right, Enel vs Franky

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I am loving all this discussion but people seem to be forgetting that Blackbeard already has a Mythical Pegasus Zoan so he has all his pokemon capture bases covered. poo poo the guy actually has 2 Mythic Zoans at this point with Devon, I think he just wants power alone now. Also gently caress yeah Borsalino, even if you die you were my favorite admiral and R.I.P to his original voice actor because that dude nailed the super baked but competent voice perfectly

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

I don't know why but god drat that made me feel old more than any birthday I've had in my slowly older age.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I really can only read that as Buggy's Mom and Dad just getting furious with him.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Nuebot posted:

You only die when you give up on your dreams for good.

I like the idea that Wapol's dream is to never die.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Blackbeard is such a great looming villain. He knows a TON, he doesn't say much about it and definitively has a complex and currently working plan. He is so great he can't be the main villain until the main villain dies.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

JuniperCake posted:

I hope he stays. Never as an official strawhat, but rather just as a forever stow-a-way that only gets barely acknowledged by the crew.

Just let him get dragged into more and more ridiculous and dangerous situations. This is his life now.

I want Caribou to be my "BIG NEWS!!!"! In for new Strawhat Info. Isn't he a Swamp-Man? Well that sounds like News-Man to me! He's got the ears in the barrel and a mouth on the airship!

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Yeah for all people talking about Shanks being strong, at one point Blackbeard beat him and left one hell of a mark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Kaku is awesome.