Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rody One Half posted:

God Gear 4 looks like poo poo. Just top to bottom, there really was nothing good about Dressarossa but Ussop.
nah gear 4 owns, the man is a basketball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Gear 4 luffy in Untitled One Piece FG is a stance character that switches between rushdown and zoning between bound and snakeman forms.

Seconding that gear 4 and especially boundman owns and is so incredibly luffy. One piece gold does it some real justice.
And you have snakeman for the overly serious funhaters.
I knew way back when as soon as we got gear 2nd with the faster blood flow or whatever and he started loving around with powerups we'd get one where he used internalized air pressure as a weapon, and then we got gear 3rd. I hoped we'd get something like what gear 4 was, but I absolutely love how ridiculous Boundman looks. He's got that super pissed look on his face and the two hands ready to open palm wallop you, coated in black-red haki which imo looks great along with the steam constantly coming off him

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

and Tsuru (literally the only Marine that Doflamingo fears for some reason
He's made of thread and she's a washing machine

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
We are absolutely getting a lagann-hen finale style battle in this arc where each member of the crew gets a giant robot that adapts their ability somehow. possibly definitely combining robots.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Oh man Sanji is gonna be pissed about that auto chef.
luffy/chopper/etc are definitely going to demand it be installed on the sunny and sanji is definitely going to either get insanely mad or do Robin's deadpan "it's embarrassing as a human being" sort of reply

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
can't wait for the giraffe and leopard versions of these guys

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Has anyone updated the manga-updates one piece page with the post apocalyptic tag yet

I mean I've always thought it was set long after a time when humanity was a tier 1 civilization or higher, considering how much of the world has been clearly manipulated. the red line has to have been done using some sort of immense terraforming equipment

Shabadu posted:

My pet theory after seeing the giant ancient robot design is that at some point all the current Giants WERE robots, and whatever happened in the void century with JoyBoy/Nika caused them to become free and proper living beings. It could tie into the giant straw hat we saw in Marijoa.
I am almost positive that this is literally a world of warcraft plot point:

I forget the specifics but from what I can vaguely remember: basically all living entities used to be mechanical celestial beings created by the gods that were basically transformer-style sentient robots. Then at one point one of the mechanical gods got corrupted by The Old Gods, eldritch beings native to the planet, and infected everything with the Curse of Flesh, turning all the mechanical races into the standard biological fantasy races etc, and they are now considered tainted, imperfect and unsalvageable by the mechanical gods

I'm sure I got a bunch of it wrong and also they've probably hosed that storyline up at some point since I stopped playing over a decade ago, but it was a pretty fascinating idea still, and sounds kinda like what your idea is

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

socialsecurity posted:

I've never seen that episode 1000 redo of We Are, that was fantastic.
yeah that was super good. And only used for one episode? Dang.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Don't worry, I'll just eat some wakeshrooms to balance it all out. Because eating mushrooms that make you stay awake and also become aggressive and mentally unstable is the perfect snack to have while operating a car or other piece of heavy machinery!

Chapter 11
Oh poo poo, buggy is not dead. Alright in retrospect I should have known they weren't going to kill him before revealing what his power was.

"I'm a chop-chop man!" Is 'I'm a (insert fruit I ate here) man!' a reoccurring bit?

"THen I'll squish em' back in! Zoro just full on does not care about punishing his body.

Chapter 12

This dog is Luffy's greatest opponent yet. Ahahahaha, I love this hosed up little key eating dog and his incredibly long face.

Boodle and Chouchou? Those are some truly terrific names. Awww, this long face dogs backstory made me choke up a little, I'm a sucker for "animal misses human who has passed away" stories.

I mean, yeah, it IS weird to have hair that looks exactly like lion ears. Did he decide to become a lion tamer because of or in spite of his hair naturally looking that way....?
I am just quoting to say that I hope you are not reading any posts or looking at any images that aren't directly replying to you, because there's shitloads of spoilers surrounding all your posts on either sides.

And keep it up, love these sorts of reactions(and the resulting despair when they catch up and can't marathon anymore) :allears:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol wait I just realized if the "devil fruits are a person's will formed into a fruit" theory people have been posting in the thread recently is accurate, then jaburo(? the wolf dude from cp9) was right about devil fruits having spirits in them that tear you apart if you eat two of them

ODA DOES IT AGAIN!!!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Gin is the Launch of one piece

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
recently binged back up to date after like six months mostly out, just wanna say lmao vegapunk rules, lmao kidd drools, the absolute breakneck pace the series has suddenly hit with EVERYTHING with every character at this point makes me feel like it actually could wrap up in a couple years or less even. devoting just a single chapter to kidd and law each getting owned, and what, two or so chapters around koby and garp. poo poo is going a mile a minute, but I don't think I mind

also the full MV for Future Island dropped
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWNn24KHPRQ&hd=1

I can't believe Mori got to do a song for One Piece, even if it's just a trailer thing. it's wild, and then they gave her an egghead costume(kinda wish she had it for the MV), which just makes her look exactly like Bonney lol

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yeyeyeyeye

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
drat that was a good chapter. That running page is really top shelf design in particular, one of the best single pages in one piece maybe

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hopefully we get a silhouette of his body clearly being just loving obliterated and/or vaporized in the blast of kuma's killswitch bomb

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm curious, do they go back and redraw chapters for the volumes, or touch up otherwise really rough panels? because as much as I've liked egghead, there have been some INSANELY rough panels the likes OP has never had before. this chapter wasn't too bad for it but there were definitely some sketchy parts that don't look finished.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

mikeycp posted:

Buggy stops the wg threat with a Buggy Call

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I managed to stay unspoiled except for one thing that didn't register until I saw it in the chapter itself, and just got around to reading it. this chapter is PEAK one piece

when did we last see dory and brogy? nearly a thousand chapters ago? jesus christ

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Julias posted:

No, we saw them last year, ch 1079. It was them who destroyed kidd's ship after shanks one shot them
ahhhh, right, right.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tree Reformat posted:

Vegapunk is gonna die by arc's end, and I'm glad for it. His satellites too! Yeah, he did a good turn by Bonney and Kuma, whatever, doesn't begin to make up for all his other warcrime enabling poo poo. Maybe the Brain-Brain fruit will end up with someone who isn't a loving bootlicker next time!

Besides, we need the Vegapunks dead for the books on Elbaf to not be redundant. It all fits, it's all coming up Dead Vegapunk Theory!

guess we found the guy who lusts for vegapunk death

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Bold to assume that the guy with a massive hole punched in his chest is going to die
left side of the chest, no vital anime organs there. He'll be fine.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Waffleman_ posted:

The left side is the side with ALL the vital organs!
In anime? Nonsense.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

mikeycp posted:

franky will become vegapunk
he will wear the apple as a hat

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
does vegapunk eat like a duck

just swallowing things whole since his tongue is too big

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Funky Valentine posted:

If Oda dies before One Piece ends he has a plan where all his various sleeper agents across the world activate and destroy all traces of One Piece from history.
The Void Century...IS REAL!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I like this theory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg4RuCQmxTc

I like this guy's videos in general, they're short and fun

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
whitestache

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

KidDynamite posted:

wish they would print more product so i could get into it.
good news, they're apparently going to be reprinting most if not all of the sets. so the absurd prices things are going for right now probably won't hold.

know a guy who got one of those insane like, 1 of 10 signed luffy cards or whatever, and sold it for an obscene sum. definitely smart to drop it for a big pile of cash and duck out now

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
my favorite panel in a loooooooooooooong time

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nikumatic posted:

Danny Devito was born to be shoved in a treasure chest.
:sickos:

Waffleman_ posted:

Let's get him a voice role, then

:bignews:
:sickos: :sickos:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the term "toon force" makes me think of Thunder 3

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I had skipped like 4000 posts to get to the current pages, so excuse me since I missed something, but what the gently caress is fraudposting

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
sounds like I didn't miss much then

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Blockhouse posted:

I'm willing to believe it was funny at some point
X

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There's even an emote for it, which also immediately got run straight into the ground when it was introduced
:regd08:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
forums...forums never change

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hope it gets brought up exactly once more if we ever see fukurou again, in that he says "oh yeah I stopped doing that because it almost killed me"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol gently caress yeaaaaaaaaahhhhhh vegapunk is a horrific criminal enabling some of the worst atrocities of the world government lately but if he's about to flip the script and drop a spoiler bomb on THE ENTIRE WORLD as a Final gently caress You then I can't hate him hahahahaha

Star Platinum posted:

D. Octor Vegapunk :prepop:
lmao please do this

tbp posted:

yeah, i felt like i was crazy a bit given the larger fandoms response, but to me g5 is very... unsettling. there's something just truly off about it.
Gods are meant to be terrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CharlestonJew posted:

yeah and I'm pretty sure he shot him full of nanomachines to power him up
fool! everyone knows you have to stab someone in the torso unexpectedly to do that! at range doesn't work! squard taught us this.