Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

All of the Luffy's defeated villains joining forces would be one hell of a final arc.

Straw Hats each get to take one down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Watched the Fishman Island arc, and woof that just seemed to really drag on didn't it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Was giving the One Pace version a crack so I didn't have to read it again, cause I remember hating it.

Now I remember why
(Hody is a poo poo villain)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wonder when Noah is going to show up repaired and primed for use by Luffy.

Scholtz posted:

When Vander Decken "threw" that giant ship at Princess Sarahoshi, was it a straight shot or did it curve upwards/downwards as it traveled?

It curved up and then down initially until she peaced out to make it not crush everyone.

Shirahoshi then takes a page out of The Prometheus School of Running Away From Things, and swims straight upwards for quite some time so it later starts dropping directly back on Fisherman Island.

BoosterDuck posted:

fisher tiger flashback was good though

Yeah, but was also the start of too many flashbacks within an arc being a thing for me.
(Fisher Tiger still v cool)

Fights were dull, and I don't think the Straw Hats really had a good chance to show off their new power sets.
Though they do a good job of showing that they can hold back an army 100k strong by being absolute units, you just don't get the good 1v1 fights you were expecting.

The arc DOES set up a bunch of poo poo though right at the end for world building setup as they enter into the New World. Think this is the first appearance of the original Four Emperors?

Ambiguously Defined Kaidou and Big Mom

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ah Water 7/Enies Lobby.

The perfect arc.
:allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The best One Piece arcs are the ones that don't pause fights to ram 50 chapters of tragic backstory down your throat.

The World Inferno posted:

DBZ where kids suddenly can fuse together and for reasons are now the ultimate power.

DB Super has gotten stupid with this poo poo. Frieza rocks up in the latest chapter, announces he's been training off screen ~magically for 10 years~ and proceeds to clown on everyone.

It's just a never ending treadmill of power-ups with no story pay off.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Want to see a Davy Back OVA between the Straw Hats + Heart Pirates

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Scholtz posted:

Quick, everyone name the arc we're currently on while hardly knowing anything about it.

You are not allowed to call it the Egg-head Island arc that's boring

Gattai Arc
https://i.imgur.com/jWSq8RV.mp4

Hype for upcoming Franky x Vega Punk robo shenanigans.

We're finally gonna see Big Emperor in full
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G0dahUF_X4

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Hey, what chapters did the last episode of the One Piece anime cover? How close is the anime to showing Gear 5?

Like a year away from Gear 5 at the rate it's going.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm hype for the inevitable Franky nonsense this arc is going to involve :allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I would like him to keep his Blaster cosplay from One Piece Film Red

"Look out and shout! Ow!"

God imagine if he went full Headmaster with the Thousand Sunny to take on Sanjuan Wolf :allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Eiba posted:

Spindle nipples.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUVyvD4d-dQ

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Enies Lobby
Round 2
Fight

:allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wait... If there's 6 versions of Vegapunk

Pirate Docking 6 - Big Emperor
Vs
Scientist Docking 6 - Big Punk

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Yeah, I'm pretry sure Atlas is a gender-flipped Astro Boy as an homage to Tezuka and the giant robot is Gigantor. :allears:

Yeah I was coming in to say this after another read. Very very much Astro+Uran in design, and Atlas being the name of one Astro Boys main villains.

Lilith is also feeling very Gainax-posey in her intro and outfit. So could be a bit of a Gunbuster homage, plus Lillith referencing Eva for her name

Shaka giving me Saiyaman vibes from the helmet design as well

junan_paalla posted:

Luffy got SO mad about hologram food

Going straight to Gear 5 for being cheated out of food is on point

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yall forgetting Luffy has obtained "I can do what I want" powers, and can probably punch Light no problem if he wanted to.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Scholtz posted:

Looks even cooler in motion

https://twitter.com/ccarrollbeard/status/1578919280363507712

Also, there are some awesome shots with their wanted posters

I know that the movies are non-cannonical, but in this instance it's weird because of the Uta episodes they've put into the anime.

The Wanted reward levels + Jinbei's inclusion implies that he joined the Straw Hat crew, and then they immediately halt their assault on Onigashima to go to Uta's concert :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How is the butt plug business these days?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That shark walked on land

It was clearly a street shark

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I know it's his gimmick by now, but it'd be nice for Usopp to just merc some nerds in an arc for once without getting brutalised in the process. They have to start treating the Straw Hats as an Emperors crew.

HE'S A BRAVE WARRIOR OF THE SEAS WITH A 500M BOUNTY DAMMIT :qq:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

YggdrasilTM posted:

I'm still not convinced that gear 5 is "toon power". Nothing we saw in the story is supporting that.

What is it then

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Its his regular stretchy powers but in overdrive.

Oh like some sort of cartoon character?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SyntheticPolygon posted:

You could say he's made of rubber perhaps.

Oh like some sort of cartoon character?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Are we all just gonna ignore Law's bomb rear end titties

Glad to see the Ranma 1/2 Jusenkyo making a reappearance

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

AC BU taking over OP anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJE1HoHabMw

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Blackbeard the kinda guy who gives his Pokemon all attack moves

YEAH AND?????!!!!?!?!!!??? WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT?!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh poo poo I just realized

Doc Q can probably give you I'll-Die-If-I-Go-On-That-Island Disease.

This rules

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bon Clay disguised as Cobra is dead

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Try not to get worried, try not to turn on to
Problems that upset you, oh
Don't you know
Everything's alright, yes, everything's fine
And we want you to sleep well tonight
Let the world turn without you tonight
If we try, we'll get by, so forget all about us tonight

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sound
https://i.imgur.com/X6xyB47.mp4

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's the absolute deadpan delivery followed by the unhinged laugh that gets me everytime

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

LAW. LAW. YOU COULD LITERALLY TELEPORT ALL THESE IDIOTS INTO THE WATER WITH SHAMBLES
LAW

THIS IS WHY YOU'RE NOT AN EMPEROR LAW

Straw Hats going full Astro Boy and I love it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

lol if you didn't read lovely rear end low res quality scans of the series back in the day

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Countblanc posted:

i got this muggified and my friend immediately pointed out that it looks like Luffy has a tiny arm and now i want to spike it into the ground

A mystery tiny arm is so nice...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Big Mom + Kaido would be top tier corpses for Moria

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cat Machine posted:

gently caress you for pointing this out

Post your mug when it arrives Tiny Hands

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

rannum posted:

you know i appreciate them wanting to make the talking more lively but after a certain point there's just so many frames for minor movements that it feels excessive rather than impressive

I shudder at what the actual Wano episode count is going to end up at.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

People will just confuse Seraph Buggy as actually just Buggy, so his fame continues to grow

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Seeing Film Red this Sunday. Hype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH6xhIq_Yi4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Countblanc posted:

Im going to see it today. I want to see the dub showing but it's at 5 pm (I'm out of work at 4 thankfully) and I'm worried that'll mean most of the older fans won't be seeing it and it'll just be Anime Teens. I could wait for a later sub showing but idk. I haven't really gone to theaters for the last few years for obvious reasons and I just want a good audience experience

Last anime film I caught at the movies was Promare and it ruled hard.
https://vimeo.com/635224293