Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Im so glad One Class is still in the OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
let us all suffer together

https://twitter.com/50shadesofHelio/status/1561832256406183937

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
there's four luffys, base, new world, gear 4, and gear 5

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Using my advanced observation haki to read the chapter early

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The Hung Piece

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
luffy needs time to mourn the death of the queen

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
no he is very sad the queen is dead, i asked him.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Blackbeard is simply an rear end man

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Eggplant Squire posted:

I still think Pudding and Sugar's are some of the more broken fruits. One that can effectively recreate who you are as a person via rewriting your life experiences and another that effectively erases you from existence until the user is incapacitated are both not physically powerful but can totally destroy anyone with little defense against them.

The only reason Luffy is even remembered by anyone is because of Ussop's goofy face.

ah maybe that's why luffy couldn't remember the buggy ball

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
so what are the predictions on luffy's dream? "destroy the world government/celestial dragons" seems pretty obvious, i wonder if there will be a twist

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Viridiant posted:

Assuming that all the Strawhats' dreams are fulfilled by the end of the manga, what do you all guess their next dreams would be? I'm at work so I can't kick things off with a big post but that sounds fun to think about at the end of the day.

sanji will learn about an even hornier devil fruit

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
only something like vegapunk reveal is powerful enough to pull discussion away from new hot marine babe

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i would seriously be bummed if it turned out the reason vegapunk is sexy is because he's an old pervert. daughter theory is my favorite atm.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ubiquitus posted:

smoker is boring and he’s completely outclassed. It’s time for more heavy hitters, why should we care about smoker?

i'd bet dollars to donuts smoker is stronger than every other marine shown in this chapter but we still spend time with them

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

so the vegapunk here isn't really talking like an old man that they apparently are in the japanese version, and also the "i'm mediocre" bit from the scanlation isn't present. i don't know anything about japanese so i can't really infer anything from that but i guess it's noteworthy

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
https://mobile.twitter.com/SteveYurko/status/1574120293525647360

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Cloks posted:

No word on whether these One Piece Vans sneakers will allow you to kick so fast your legs catch on fire.

How do I get those

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Cat Machine posted:

I love that panel so much that I had it made into a mug

What's the good mug site

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Cat Machine posted:

Vistaprint. They even do some cool AI upscaling poo poo to smooth out all the artefacting and make it nice and hi-res!

I had to draw in some missing linework to make it sit nicely on the mug, so here's the pic I uploaded:

Very cool, thank you

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Cat Machine posted:

Vistaprint. They even do some cool AI upscaling poo poo to smooth out all the artefacting and make it nice and hi-res!

I had to draw in some missing linework to make it sit nicely on the mug, so here's the pic I uploaded:

i got this muggified and my friend immediately pointed out that it looks like Luffy has a tiny arm and now i want to spike it into the ground

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

yeah i know but the edited version cat machine posted had a few minor edits to the line work

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
to be clear the mug owns, possibly owns more as a result of the tiny arm, i just wanted to mention it because it's also equally cursed

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Im going to see it today. I want to see the dub showing but it's at 5 pm (I'm out of work at 4 thankfully) and I'm worried that'll mean most of the older fans won't be seeing it and it'll just be Anime Teens. I could wait for a later sub showing but idk. I haven't really gone to theaters for the last few years for obvious reasons and I just want a good audience experience

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i was pretty bleh on it. not a waste of money and i had a good enough time but i doubt I'll ever watch it again. [] I liked the music but basically any fight scene just felt like characters were appearing in voids to do final fantasy summon attack animations before sliding off screen for the next crewmate/guest character to do the same. i'm a manga only person so maybe my experiences are just heavily based on that, but after seeing some of the cooler directed clips from the anime i had my hopes up for cool fights and this didn't really deliver. OP almost always does a great job of makign fights feel like they're in a place, where you can understand what people are doing and where, and this didn't have that at all.

luffy and uta bouncing off each other was great, but there wasn't much of it since luffy spent half the movie in a hamster ball for some reason. i liked the usopp/yasopp bit. the "fight" between Uta and the Strawhats at the beginning was really cool and i didn't mind how jumbled it felt because it felt like a stylistic choice with the music rather than the issue I had with the other fight scenes. "sunny turning into a mascot" was very weird and felt even weirder because no one really cared and they only existed to be on screen 3-4 times and say "sunny" like a pokemon, i'd honestly have rather it been introduced earlier and been an actual character.

tiny bepo was great. the dub was good, i'm not really familiar with the dub cast since no one posts clips of it like they do the jp anime but everyone seemed good (Shank's voice was probably the only one I didn't like but it was inoffensive at worst). basically any time a character was rendered in 3D it sucked but the 2D animation was good aside from the parts where it just stayed on a still image for long enough for you to realize they weren't blinking or tapping their foot or something. i liked seeing Coby and i liked that everyone knew who he was.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Funky Valentine posted:

she's only like two years older than Luffy.

wait what

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
it honestly blows my mind that OP isn't even remotely close to being the longest running anime

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/OPcom_info/status/1587278996487962624?s=20&t=CkiL1BT1fUz_7lDLJBt16Q

Ha, Yamato included in the bromides with all the hot dudes. They know what's up.

dogtooth holding it down for the big boys

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Vegapunk just told us that the WG doesn't actually keep him in the loop too much, I wouldn't be surprised if we find out there's more going on there and something has happened to Elbaf/the books, or is about to. This just feels like too much good news, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and for a den den mushi to pipe in announcing the successful assault on Elbaf or something.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
is Vegapunk Perospero's dad

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ChaseSP posted:

Coby is obviously gonna be the Garp to Luffy's Rodger while he goes around causing trouble living his free life Coby is gonna have to deal with the effects and chase him down to please consider just settling down.

Luffy is going to be dead by the time he's 25 tbh

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

What’s the best joke in each arc

same as it ever was

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Post-Post no Mi model podcaster

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Have any other manga done Enelface as an homage like how every show ever with a motorcycle does the Akira thing

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Does blackbeard's twin poop?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I mean Mihawk is way more goth than zolo

if ive learned anything from being Online it's that you're supposed to pair the most goth person with the least goth person

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
is Odyssey's combat bad for a dragon quest-like, or is it simply on par with ie. dragon quest XI but many western modern rpg enjoyers think DQXI's combat is serviceable at best

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Begemot posted:

Honestly, I have never once in my life cared about a JRPG having "challenging" combat. Especially with a licensed game like this, as long as it's not incredibly boring or broken it's ahead of most of them.

i didn't say challenging though

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
basically as long as the main verb in a game is fun i'm happy, so like if there isn't much combat i don't really care. but if theres a lot of combat and it's also not very fun that's bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
buggy is going to show up and luffy will be like "oh hey, it's the guy with the Buggy Ball, whatshisface"