Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Crocodile and Mihawk are the perfect foils for Buggy I never could've imagined they'd interact to this level when they were first introduced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
There's no way Blackbeard doesn't know about the immortality thing with Law's fruit. Also, don't they need a doctor to use it effectively? Doc Q already has the sick sick fruit

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
I'll believe that Advanced Race Theory if OG vegapunk is also barrel chested

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
finally...a giant mech for the giant hat

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Wondering why we haven't seen a clone of Kaido yet. They already cloned his fruit. The Navy captured him multiple times! He visits them for lunch. They could've nabbed a strand of hair or something

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Do the other Vegapunks share Prime Vegapunk's inability to swim as well?

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

Gyges posted:

So, all the Seraphim are devil fruit powered modified clone/cyborg hybrids, who play off the innate abilities of the original. However, one thing that One Piece has made very clear is that every swordsman/woman gets good through hard work and dedication. Swordsmanship isn't innate, it's earned. So why is Seraphim Mihawk a sword dude?

It's probably going to be attributed to lineage factors

Also, I imagine Shank changed his fighting style after he lost his dominant hand. Rather than rely on technical swordplay, seems like nowadays Shanks fights mainly through haki. so dueling against the guy throwing mega hadokens all the time probably isn't great practice

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://coloredmanga.com/manhwa/onepiecescanlationsw/chapter-1070/

the dogshit scanslation is out if you can't wait until Friday

okokok

yum fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 22, 2022

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
why is franky so happy about vegapunk creating cloned child soldiers for the state lol

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

Silver2195 posted:

Edit: For the sake of my sanity, I'll assume, until we're told otherwise, that the Seraphim are just meat-robots, and S-Snake's tsundere behavior is a quirk of her programming interacting with her lineage factor rather than a sign of actual consciousness.

Eiba posted:

While Franky has learned some hard lessons, he is still at heart an engineer who loves making strong weapons. The rest of the Strawhats see that they're a problem, Franky sees them as an amazing accomplishment.

That said I'm pretty sure the implication is that they're meat robots like that other poster said, not actually child soldiers.

True, that does align with Franky's personality. His origin story was about carelessly making weapons of mass destruction without any thought for the consequences. Guess he didn't learn his lesson.

I'll go ahead with this belief too, but man.... why make them children at all if they're flesh automatons. Stussy explicitly says that they're still children meaning they're going to mature and age. Not to mention S-snake's saying "I'm just following orders!!" which is a pretty big Chekhov's gun. Are all scientists in One Piece pieces of crap? What is Oda trying to tell us

In summary:

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
it's straight-up weird to have two of the same character with the same personalities (and some even the same abilities), even if they're Lunarian child soldier clones. I hope they decide to return to their home planet by the end.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

Always thought that silhouette looked like Mojojojo. Did not expect his head to be even larger.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

Starsfan posted:

Does the world government really give a poo poo about either Lucci or Kaku? I would think they would see them as completely disposable assets that can be (and would be) thrown in the trash if they are captured or defeated.. Don't see why they would hold any value as captives. That being said they may realize that they hosed up their 2nd chance by getting captured and the fact that they probably don't have much of a future working for the government anymore might induce them to turn on their bosses or at least want to go their own way..

I can totally see the Elder guy saying somelike Rob Lucci... your performance has been disappointing and then commanding the Seraphim/Borsilino to execute them on the spot along with Vegapunk and the Strawhats

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
I love the cover page this week. The faces of the two soldiers in the tanks in the background are great

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
until we get the full Kaido flashback, Wano hasn't ended.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Sanji seems... buff.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
those bomber jackets Zoro and Stussy are wearing are so sick

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
don't forget tabbing between the raws and translations

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
But they were, all of them, deceived, for another Vegapunk was made...

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Kid's attack seems super dangerous in navel combat, even if he got taken out before he could use it. I was wondering what his plan was, a single ship vs an armada, but if he can forcibly clump ships together and take them all out with 1 shot, that's a pretty solid winning strategy

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Law is also a D so he has that going for him too]

Kid might as well be dead since his dream has been shattered - he lost his crew, his ship, and his Lode polygryph.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

JuniperCake posted:

Oh yeah, by all accounts it seems that Shanks would have been happy to have a chill fight and let Kidd walk away after. He was even concerned about whether his wounds had healed. All Kidd had to do was not immediately resort to murdering bystanders under Shank's protection.

Yeah, it seems like Shanks was expecting Z fighter vs Saibamen 1v1 type duels while Kidd approached it from a war perspective like it was Marineford by immediately whipping out his railgun and threatening to murder everyone. Shanks switched gears pretty quickly after seeing that.

Kidd got what he asked for.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

Endorph posted:

i really doubt kid is dead just because when was the last time oda killed off anyone

he'll get a cover story where he got hit on the head so hard that he cant bring himself to cause violence to anyone and stops a civil war by peacefully laying down his arms and surrendering to both sides, or something. and then he and killer will open a
noodle stand

quote:

I hope no one dies~!!”

~Eiichiro Oda
Jump Festa 2023

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
I thought it was pretty explicit that the guy who goes around murdering innocents died, especially since it happened in the 2nd half of the manga where people actually die, combined with Oda's pretty straight forward message at Jump Fiesta 2023.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

Silver2195 posted:

Wait, what did Oda say at Jump Festa?

https://thelibraryofohara.com/2022/12/18/eiichiro-odas-message-at-one-piece-jump-festa-2023/

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

Caidin posted:

I would not call Kidd VS Shanks " A Great Battle Royale" if thats what your referring to.

Fair, but it is a pretty ominous and tongue in cheek thing to say. Plus if this chapter was supposed to parallel Romance Dawn, those bandits are pretty dead too.

But the Sea king that took Shank's arms lives on... hosed up but true

yum fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Mar 30, 2023

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Whenever Urouge isn't in the scene, all the other characters should be asking Where's Urouge?

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
don't really understand why they can't attack with the flame on, it's not like they're immobile or anything

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
This is definitely the beginnings of Oda's "No way!! That person and that person are gonna be fighting?! I'd call it a 'great battle royale!'" message from Jump Festa 202

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Out of the members present, Pizarro is the only one who seems really concerned about following Blackbeard's orders and protecting the town. Big change of attitude from when he was first introduced, where he brazenly/jokingly asked Blackbeard to let him be captain.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Seems like Law achieved his goal after defeating Doflamingo. Wasn't he only in Wano to fulfil his end of the alliance with the Strawhats? It didn't seem like he had the ambition to be Pirate King or anything. I remember him complaining about having to fight Big Mom because he just wanted to learn more about the world or something, not like Luffy or Kid who explicitly and constantly say they want to be top dog

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
It seems like the secondary quest he decided to do after fulfilling the main quest. Where's the conviction!!

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
what does the tattoo on Dragon's face suppose to symbolize?

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Individual marines follow their own interpretation of justice based on their self-ideology. According to the vivrecards: Akainu's is absolute (rear end in a top hat) justice, Kizaru's is unclear justice (lol), Tsuru is cleansing justice, Sengoku is reigning justice, Fujitora is humane justice, and Aokiji is lazy justice

Electric Phantasm posted:

Useless "Craptain" Mid and Filler

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
ambition [haki] and desire [devil fruit]!! now its confirmed both shanks and buggy also inherited their captain's will

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Mihawk and Croc are severely underestimating Buggy to the point that Mihawk is oblivious to the fact that Buggy is on the same level as Luffy in terms of being able to attract allies to his cause lol

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

Cat Machine posted:

amazing croco panel

people (used to) get so shocked/surprised/pissed after hearing Luffy proclaim he’s gonna be the king of pirates since he (was) basically a snot nosed kid in their eyes.

Hearing those same words come from the cowardly disembodied clown head’s youve been wailing on for weeks is probably even more ridiculous, especially when he’s redirecting all of your carefully laid out plans. That’s the face of someone who did not expect Buggy to suddenly grow a spine lol

one piece is good

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
I like the idea of Law allying with Cross Guild, even if temporarily. I feel like Oda is heading in the direction of having former warlords join Cross Guild since Moira is confirmed alive and probably will be freed by SWORD. Perona is buds with Mihawk so there's that connection.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
speaking of Loguetown, just realized that Luffy declared his dream to be pirate king while about to be beheaded and Buggy did it as a disembodied head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://imgur.com/a/w9RvBcC

early scans