Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Chapter ruled

-Strawhat hijnx
-Nami CoC confirmed
-New Bounties
-Instant answers re: Cross Guild
-Buggy
-Mihawk
-Crocodile :swoon:
-Dragon
-Koala
-Killer cliffhanger

One Piece ............. is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Crocodile's is a pun as well. 1.965 with 9 being kyu 6 being roku and 5 being go. You can make that into "Ku ro co-dile"

That’s so awesome. Thank you!

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

DeadBonesBrook posted:

It's Gold Roger's fortune that he left for the taking.

So, the big egg?

Broke: Big Hat
Woke: Big Egg

Big Egg was actually Big News Morgans, also he doesn't have a devil fruit and he’s actually a bird person.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Scholtz posted:

Lowtax - Celestial Dragon

More like Spandam, who also hit women

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

My thought is that it has to be something Ivanoff has access to and can use at any time. The devil fruit power makes the most sense, but it could easily be an embarrassing secret. Oda deliberately not showing Croc’s face in the flashback doesn’t really narrow it down, except to pinpoint that it probably involves his face.

Given these facts, it’s pretty obvious that Croc had a nose job that went horribly wrong, but gave him that cool scar. Croc is embarrassed so he tells people a cool story about getting it while fighting Whitebeard, but Iva was one of the nurses so he knows the truth. Croc later got it fixed by better doctors but he’s still ashamed.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

I wonder how many people just clicked that to make it die like that

Edit: it never loaded for me, what was it?

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Scholtz posted:

It didn't die, it was a tweet that said "Check the link in our bio (only for the impatient)" and the link in their bio was a rickroll :negative:

I clicked the link but it never loaded :smith:

Though honestly I was assuming it was a Rickroll.

Thanks!

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Fecha posted:

”oh poo poo rayleigh! okay sir whatever you say I’ll de-escalate and get out of here”
“ty”
“oh but can I kidnap this marine captain is that cool”
“ya sure”

Coby just got on the wrong boat again

Chapter was good but, just like everyone else, I had to re-read it to understand what happened with Blackbeard and Hancock and the Pacifista, and the Yamato stuff at the beginning felt shoe-horned in. But like someone else said, it was cool to see BB actually do something. We haven't seen him use his Darkness fruit since Impel Down, and I don't think we've seen him use his other fruit since he first got it.

Has anyone noticed that they called the new Pacifista "Seraphims"? Cool name, fits with the Celestial Dragon theme.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

:captainpop:

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

What would happen if Ivankov gender-changed a pregnant lady?

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

My interpretation was that Imu wanted Sabo dead but didn't know where he was once Sabo left Reverie, so when Sabo revealed his location on the den-den mushi, that allowed them to send the thing to wipe out the island.

I also get the impression that the Five Elder Stars aren't happy about having to do this, but they know that they have no choice but to follow Imu's orders. As additional evidence, when they order Clover to be killed on Ohara, there's a brief panel of one of the Elders doing a facepalm. Kinda feels like Imu is secretly holding the entire world hostage with whatever that thing was.

It's also obviously going to be revealed to be a flying saucer, which is coincidentally shaped like a straw hat.

Chapter was very good! It was interesting reading it because we knew there was going to be some big info because of the spoiler warnings, at first I was like "Oh we are going to find out Luffy's dream", then I thought "We're going to see Imu's face", then thought we'd learn something about Cobra, then the island gets nuked and I thought that was it, but then Bonny shows up. What a rollercoaster.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Good chap

My impression is also that the kingdom that rebelled was already being targeted for annihilation, and the fact that Sabo was there seeking refuge was just incredibly bad luck. At most, the kingdom got nuked a bit ahead of schedule to cut him off.

After re-reading it with this in mind, it does seem more likely that this is what happened, but that's a ridiculous coincidence even for One Piece. So it's probably true. And it makes sense that they'd want to obliterate a kingdom that rebelled.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Pretty sure we know what happened to God Valley now.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

I just realized that Wano ended and we didn’t learn a drat thing about seastone.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Sabo shoots fire out of his feet and flies around like Iron Man.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Pureauthor posted:

I just noticed the Lulusia king randomly has vampire fangs for some reason

They also threaten the peasants with impalement. In other words, the king is (was) Dracula.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

readingatwork posted:

People expecting heavy poo poo going into the next arc are going to be very surprised when they get Strawhat Babies. (It will probably still manage to make me cry somehow because Oda is some kind of wizard)

Someone tell me if this is a joke or not, I hosed up before with Yamato, I can’t take it again

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

holy loving poo poo

When I saw UNK on the side of the shark I FLIPPED OUT

Edit interesting how much Vegapunk’s mech looks like Franky, down to having a number printed on it

Wii Spawn Camper fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 22, 2022

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Big Hat Arc

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

that bit about Lulusha from Lucci seems to imply he's not 100% on board about all this.

Lucci is probably mad he wasn’t ordered to go and murder each person in hand to hand combat.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Berlin… never existed.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

rip law

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Blackbeard riding on Doc Q/Stronger is amazing

bobjr posted:

I really hope one of the things that happens is Augur warps what he thinks is Usopp to him, only for it to be a trap of hot peppers or something

Usopp is gonna attack Van Augur to force him to warp right into a trap that Usopp set up earlier. And it’s gonna own

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

I think it’s the idea that haki can overcome fruits like Peronia’s or Iva’s or others that are more like status effects, not punching logias.

Anyway Law told Kidd that he can’t use his power on the old emperors because they’re too strong, so it’s not entirely new. Also I feel like I remember Virgo resisting Law’s fruit with his haki but I’m not gonna read through Punk Hazard to confirm.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Vergo told Law his powers wouldn't work on his haki, but he's never shown actually resisting it, I think. That one fight they had, he underestimated Law's output and Law fuckin' cleaves a mountain in half and Vergo with him. And even before that his Counter Shock landed on Vergo, but Vergo just powered through it because he's insanely durable (even Dofflamingo and Big Mom were noticeably in pain after Law landed it on them).

But yeah I think Vergo is the first instance where it's hinted that haki can block/protect against fruit powers.

I lied, I went back and found it, it’s actually Doffy on a denden mushi telling Law that his powers won’t work because of Vergo’s haki, and references a fight between them in the past. Then Law chops the island in half :black101:

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

No Wave posted:

There was the huge famous guy he freed from the dragons who was supposed to be his secret weapon, but he hasnt really done anything.

I like seeing him in the crowd shots though, I’m always like hey it’s that one guy!

I wonder if we’ll see what Kidd is up to next chapter.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Desumaytah posted:

Like, I wouldn't be surprised if the mere existence of devil fruits was, in itself, one of the superweapons.

Do we know how common DFs were before the new age? Maybe the reason that Dragon's bounty is so high is because he Johnny Appleseed-ed that poo poo across the whole world.

What’s the earliest devil fruit we’ve seen chronologically? Toki’s fruit?

Toki shows that they had devil fruits during the void century at least.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

I hope it’s just a huge 10v10 fight and there are no 1v1s at all and the Blackbeard Pirates get blown away by a huge combined attack that they can’t counter because they can’t work together as closely Pirates Docking 10.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Gruckles posted:

Haki is Spiral Power.

It’s literally this

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

It’s gear fifth foreshadowing, Luffy thought the tiny arm would be funny.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

I love seeing Blackbeard get owned, it never gets old.

Also Pudding is cool and good and I can’t wait to see more of her. She’s just got the third eye hanging out like it’s no big deal now, too.

Thought Luffy would haki away the oldness given the last chapter, maybe it can’t be resisted or Luffy just doesn’t get it yet.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

So we’ve seen 2 Hawaiian shirts from Vegapunk so far. I wonder if there is some connection to the other character known for Hawaiian shirts: Sakazuki.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

anime was right posted:

i think that kuzan is reporting to akainu. who else is on the island to send akainu news?

Law’s crew gonna be in real trouble if Kuzan freezes the ocean. :ohdear:

Maybe he isn’t there and that’s why we haven’t seen him yet, it doesn’t seem like the whole BB crew is there.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

ragnarokette posted:

Maybe this is a silly thing to be bugged by after a thousand chapters, but has anyone else felt like the fan service has really been accelerating lately? I don't watch the anime but I've heard that it always goes over the top. This chapter, specifically that one pose from Bonney when she's talking about her dad, gave me real Western comics vibes. Who was that one artist who would always draw women in ridiculous contortions if you did anything more than glance at them? That kinda vibe was what struck me.

Still a really good chapter overall. I'm glad Law's crew is earning their keep too. Being particularly good at fighting on the sea and the sentiments against devil fruits totally fits with the submarine ship and explains why they have always felt ignorable on land. For a story about pirates, we've really had remarkably few fights at sea.

That pose from Bonney stood out to me, too. It’s very “Black Widow on a Marvel movie poster”. It’s double gross since she was a child just a couple panels ago.

Not sure if it’s increasing in the manga, Oda has never been shy about it. The anime is pretty bad and has been since at least the timeskip.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Meme Emulator posted:

Does anyone know if, when king Neptune hosed up zoros name, did he call him Zoli instead of Zori

They’re the same letter in Japanese

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Meme Emulator posted:

I’m talking about the official translation. I don’t have my sj login handy since I’m stuck in an airport

Oh I see, do you know what chapter it was? I can look it up.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Big respect to the people who can see and recognize the tracing

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Is there a February 29th birthday?

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Makes sense!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

skipmyseashells posted:

he’s smiling too, whatever’s going on with him is tied to Blackbeards whole no sleep schtick

I wonder if oda regrets spending so much time on the new world now that it seems like the manga is gonna get blitzed to the end

Blackbeard is Teech’s evil sleepwalker mode and each of them have 1 devil fruit