Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Context
Sep 11, 2006
Completing the weeklies passively through casual play is A-OK with me - I want to play the decks I enjoy, not stuff all the miniaturize cards into a deck so I can play 60(!) as efficiently as possible. I guess we'll see where they land, but the quest requirements as they currently exist seem less about encouraging people to play more and more about casual players getting fewer rewards from the rewards track.

By far the best solution would be the tiered system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
"Without engaging the weekly system." Such garbage. How do you "engage" with that "system" anyway?

I'm a free-to-play player. I like Battlegrounds, for instance, but if not for the weekly, I would not play it more than once or twice a week for variety. Looks like I won't be bothering to even try that quest anymore. Probably kinda the same with the traditional Hearthstone quest, unless I happen to come across a particularily interesting deck.

Remains to be seen if I have enough gold come next expansion to keep playing. Can't fault them for trying to make people spend money on their own game but eh, I'll just stop playing instead if it comes to that choice. Kinda weird way to try to drive profits up.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
A Blizzard meeting room, somewhere. Cast, Mark & Dan, our developers:

Mark: "Battlegrounds - Let's put the same effect of Admiral Eliza Goreblade, a Tier 6 Pirate, into Dragons."
Dan: "Mark, you continue to roll out the hits, everyone loves her. She'll go great in Dragons."
Mark: "But, and get this.... in Tier 3"
Dan: "gently caress me Mark, you are the loving genius of our time. Da Vinci with a copy of C#. But won't that be a bit strong?"
Mark: "Well, you see, it'll only affect Dragons, so unless theyr'e running just Dragons, which is obviously daft, it'll be fine."
Dan: "Sold!"

(What in the actual gently caress.)

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

‘Engaging with the system’ means having a half dozen wild casual decks dedicated to just spamming a keyword onto the board as fast as possible rather than actually trying to play a game of hearthstone. I doubt the games people have against these decks are hugely rewarding for either player but engagement is engagement right.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
think I'm going to automatically sack off the "trigger 100 battlecries" because gently caress trying to get that in battlegrounds. On the other hand, using your hero power 40 times is trivial with Malygos

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

You could grind X wins in this week's brawl - I won t1 with a mage deck consisting of just face damage spells.

But yeah, would be tedious.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
If every brawl was like this one I really wouldn't mind a 15 win quest. It's just that this is about as fast as they get and most are much, much slower.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Oh good, Staff of the Primus still freezes things.
That's certainly nothing that would warrant a hotfix anytime soon.

Edit:
Is this another bug?
Why did he get to summon a second Burrow Buster on turn 8?

https://hsreplay.net/replay/jv8kiZGxxznmmu5kdt8QbT#turn=8b

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Apr 18, 2024

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

mcbexx posted:

Edit:
Is this another bug?

earlier that game, the first burrow buster he cast gained the deathrattle of the pile of bones (resummon this the next time you excavate)

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

mcbexx posted:

That's certainly nothing that would warrant a hotfix anytime soon

Oh, THATS what was happening last night. I was trying so hard to figure out why staff was freezing people lol

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

mcbexx posted:

Edit:
Is this another bug?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Oh, THATS what was happening last night. I was trying so hard to figure out why staff was freezing people lol

oh it's so much worse

currently, if Runes discovers a Crusher, your hero permanently gets Freeze. Every weapon he equips from then on applies Freeze. Doesnt matter which you pick.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

goferchan posted:

I haven't played in a while and didn't feel like I played that much when I did, but weeklies were a little undertuned. Like I could play Hearthstone while I drank my coffee before work for 2, maybe 3 days in a row, and easily knock them all out. The change is a stupid overcorrection though. Could have like halved that increase and it would have been sensible.

Yeah, same. I feel like you want the weeklies to be difficult enough that you can’t knock them out in a few hours of play on Monday, as I frequently found myself doing. They just overshot.

If the goal is “make the quests long enough that you’ll actually need to play multiple times a week to finish them, and increase the rewards to compensate,” I’m all good with that. They just need to find some numbers that make sense.

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology
Just went D5 to Legend with Kiblers rainbow handbuff DK deck. Honestly, fun deck to play and a pretty solid win rate. You will lose some, but I didn't feel there was a single matchup that I was dead against at all.

### Custom Death Knight2
# Class: Death Knight
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Pegasus
#
# 2x (1) Lesser Spinel Spellstone
# 2x (2) Blood Tap
# 1x (2) Gold Panner
# 2x (2) Mining Casualties
# 2x (2) Shambling Zombietank
# 2x (3) Chillfallen Baron
# 2x (3) Rainbow Seamstress
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 1x (3) Sickly Grimewalker
# 2x (4) Darkthorn Quilter
# 2x (4) Nerubian Swarmguard
# 2x (4) Quartzite Crusher
# 2x (4) Yelling Yodeler
# 2x (5) Amateur Puppeteer
# 1x (6) Gnome Muncher
# 1x (6) Hollow Hound
# 1x (6) The Headless Horseman
# 1x (8) The Primus
# 1x (20) Reska, the Pit Boss
#
AAECAa2aBgiz9wSP5AXt/wWXlQb/lwbOnAbNnga9sQYLh/YE8OgFkqAGy7AGubEGurEGvLEG9rEGi7cG1+UG2eUGAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Well, you were dead against every matchup, really.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

finished my legend climb with Odyn warrrior (not the Reno version)

turns out its pretty easy to handle hyper aggressive decks when you run 26 removal/armor gain cards

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
So I've just started playing this after quitting during naxxaramus. Little confused about what to do

I started out by crafting one of the suggested core decks for my class and I'm just getting annihilated in bronze by literally every single person I fight.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Jarvisi posted:

So I've just started playing this after quitting during naxxaramus. Little confused about what to do

I started out by crafting one of the suggested core decks for my class and I'm just getting annihilated in bronze by literally every single person I fight.

Post replays if you use a tracker. Getting other people's feedback on my play really improved my decision making. I'm still trash, but better trash.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

fanny packrat posted:

Post replays if you use a tracker. Getting other people's feedback on my play really improved my decision making. I'm still trash, but better trash.

### Core Priest
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Pegasus
#
# 2x (1) Beaming Sidekick
# 2x (1) Flash Heal
# 2x (1) Holy Smite
# 2x (1) Psychic Conjurer
# 1x (2) Crazed Alchemist
# 2x (2) Injured Tol'vir
# 2x (2) Mana Geode
# 2x (2) Shadow Ascendant
# 2x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 2x (3) Holy Nova
# 1x (3) Madame Lazul
# 1x (4) Shadow Word: Ruin
# 1x (4) Void Shard
# 2x (6) Lightbomb
# 1x (6) Sylvanas Windrunner
# 1x (7) Catrina Muerte
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza
# 1x (9) Ysera
#

Here's the deck the game provided me. I've lost 6 out of 6 games with it.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

It's a really bad deck, if you are playing against meta decks you stand no chance.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Well, I stand corrected, they issued a server side hotfix.

Among others:

quote:

Patch 29.2.1 is a server-side hotfix rolling out now with the following game updates and bug fixes.

Weekly Quest Update

The Weekly Quest requirements are now as follows:

Use your Hero Power 30 times (instead of 40)
Play Battlecry cards 75 times (instead of 100)
Play Miniaturize or Mini cards 32 times (instead of 60)
Win games in Tavern Brawl, Arena, or Battlegrounds 10 times (instead of 15)
Win ranked Hearthstone games 10 times (instead of 15)
Damage enemy heroes 400 damage (not changed this patch)
Spend 750 mana (not changed this patch)

XP granted by the Weekly Quests is not changing from the new higher amount.

quote:

Bug Fixes

[Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Death Knight weapons could sometimes gain the ability to Freeze targets.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

They already patched the magnetize Zilliax arm out of Battlegrounds. No more super Voltrons. Glad I got to play with it while it existed.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Phrosphor posted:

They already patched the magnetize Zilliax arm out of Battlegrounds. No more super Voltrons. Glad I got to play with it while it existed.

But that was kinda the whole point of Zillax modules? And it didn’t seem particularly overpowered either

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

mcbexx posted:

Well, I stand corrected, they issued a server side hotfix.

Among others:

Also of note, apparently the quests are still displaying the old values, but they will complete at the values listed above.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Play miniaturize 32 times is loving hilarious. They realize they only printed one per class right? And the neutrals are dogshit

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

The quest change is funny to me because warcraft rumble just boosted quest gains AND started a week event that made completing them nutso-fast.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

If they want to increase engagement, maybe they should make playing the game more fun for casual players??

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
If you want to rip through the brawl real quick I highly recommend this horrorshow

### Brawl Deck
# Class: Druid
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Claw
# 1x (1) Lost in the Park
# 2x (2) Breath of Dreams
# 2x (2) Harmonic Mood
# 2x (2) Moonlit Guidance
# 2x (2) Rake
# 2x (3) Feral Rage
# 2x (3) Ferocious Howl
# 2x (3) Frost Lotus Seedling
# 2x (3) Fungal Fortunes
# 2x (3) Gnash
# 2x (3) Pendant of Earth
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (4) Bite
# 2x (4) Branching Paths
# 2x (4) Spread the Word
# 2x (7) Overflow
# 1x (10) Ultimate Infestation
# 2x (12) Arcane Giant
# 2x (20) Molten Giant
# 2x (20) Naga Giant
# 1x (20) Playhouse Giant
#
AAEBAZICBIfOAqP2A5fvBJC0BhLBBJoIgrQC/M0CntICv/IC26UDjK4D5boDr4AEuKAEjbIE7qMFguAFkeAF2/oFmqAG8OYGAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

kater posted:

Play miniaturize 32 times is loving hilarious. They realize they only printed one per class right? And the neutrals are dogshit

Shaman and Paladin got 2, there are 5 neutrals, and the Mini counts as well as the Miniaturize.

Calm down.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

All that means is people are gonna make a Paladin/Shaman deck with minis and card draw and do causal matches until they get to 32

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Olpainless posted:

If you want to rip through the brawl real quick I highly recommend this horrorshow

### Brawl Deck
# Class: Druid
#
# 2x (1) Claw
# 1x (1) Lost in the Park
# 2x (2) Breath of Dreams
# 2x (2) Harmonic Mood
# 2x (2) Moonlit Guidance
# 2x (2) Rake
# 2x (3) Feral Rage
# 2x (3) Ferocious Howl
# 2x (3) Frost Lotus Seedling
# 2x (3) Fungal Fortunes
# 2x (3) Gnash
# 2x (3) Pendant of Earth
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (4) Bite
# 2x (4) Branching Paths
# 2x (4) Spread the Word
# 2x (7) Overflow
# 1x (10) Ultimate Infestation
# 2x (12) Arcane Giant
# 2x (20) Molten Giant
# 2x (20) Naga Giant
# 1x (20) Playhouse Giant
#
AAEBAZICBIfOAqP2A5fvBJC0BhLBBJoIgrQC/M0CntICv/IC26UDjK4D5boDr4AEuKAEjbIE7qMFguAFkeAF2/oFmqAG8OYGAAA=
#

Why is the Naga giant there? You can spending mana on spells this brawl?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

if youre gonna do the brawl just run stonetusk boar otk paladin instead

the druid version isnt anywhere near as good since they changed how paying health works

### Brawl Deck
# Class: Paladin
#
# 2x (1) Blessing of Might
# 2x (1) Crystology
# 1x (1) Stonetusk Boar
# 2x (2) Flash of Light
# 2x (2) For Quel'Thalas!
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Holy Light
# 1x (2) Vitality Surge
# 2x (3) Call to Adventure
# 2x (3) Divine Favor
# 2x (3) Seal of Champions
# 2x (3) Service Bell
# 2x (4) Blessing of Kings
# 2x (5) Blessed Champion
# 2x (5) Solemn Vigil
# 2x (6) Lay on Hands
#
AAEBAaToAgKIBYuNBA5GowLSBKcFrwfyC+IRnRXZ/gK0mwOS1ASB4gSrkwW1ngYAAA==
#

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Scholtz posted:

Shaman and Paladin got 2, there are 5 neutrals, and the Mini counts as well as the Miniaturize.

Calm down.

Quest was dogshit when it was play 10 lmao calm down

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Scholtz posted:

Calm down.

I think the most any uses right now are the sleetskaters in Mage. It’s a dogshit quest that you either have to specifically make some dogshit deck to go poo poo it out in casual or will take upwards of 15 games to complete.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

You can do it in like 2 games with rogue and all the bounce effects.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Excelzior posted:

if youre gonna do the brawl just run stonetusk boar otk paladin instead

the druid version isnt anywhere near as good since they changed how paying health works

### Brawl Deck
# Class: Paladin
#
#
AAEBAaToAgKIBYuNBA5GowLSBKcFrwfyC+IRnRXZ/gK0mwOS1ASB4gSrkwW1ngYAAA==
#

lol, this rips. Turn 1 is a bit tight with the shortened timer on mobile, but you can definitely get the OTK on desktop.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Tuxedo Gin posted:

If they want to increase engagement, maybe they should make playing the game more fun for casual players??

I'm obstinate in that the more the screws get tightened the less likely I am to ever drop a dime. As opposed to Runeterra where I've been happy to drop some cash because they're so generous with the rewards tracks, feels good to reward them for that.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Scholtz posted:

Calm down.

Saying they got 2 is pretty disingenuous when the second is a legendary that you only get 1 copy of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Also that the Paladin non-legendary got nerfed into being borderline unuseable