Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Julio Cruz posted:

it does depend which deck you’re playing

for instance against Control Warrior it might be worthwhile because if you make them overdraw Odin they’ll probably just immediately ragequit

The games where your Odin gets burned but you manage to pivot and kill them anyways are the best, though. Same for shoving through somebody's taunt twisting nether imps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Does that new 3-cost treasure have a limited Elemental pool? Because otherwise that seems like absolutely absurd in terms of what you could get out of it on like, turn 4.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

I’m glad I got to play against the “have 30 armor on T2” thing before it disappeared but having to do like 180 damage to Druid over the course of a game is loving stupid and I hope that deck rots.

Yeah, I played against it exactly once, and that was more than enough to know that that deck was entirely unreasonable. It's pretty absurd that they didn't see the issue with the Druid miniset cards. It's like they eyeballed each one of them in a total vacuum, decided "Yeah, those are druid-y effects" and called it a day.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

I think I actually hate Boogie Down more now than I did pre-nerf. It feels like every game I play against Paladin now it’s T3 coin into Boogie Down for three Divine Shield minions in addition to whatever I was slowly trying to deal with beforehand.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

What’s with the sudden wave of bots playing Mech Rogue at Diamond 5? Is it a “The bot has made it this far with garbage, time to give it a real-ish deck for the final climb to Legend” thing?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

With a “downside”.

Speaking of, said 7/7 just pulled me to legend for the first time :toot:. Now to never do that again.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Probably they’re going to make it not work on Titans, because what other nerf can you possibly do that doesn’t either completely ruin the card or fail to deal with using it on Eonar?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Firebert posted:

If they don’t wanna nerf DH that’s fine by me, farmed them with rainbow DK all night

I was playing Rainbow DK before it was cool (because I thought the Excavate package was really neat).

I've since cut the excavate package for Plagues. Which on one hand is a little sad, but on the other hand gave me a game against a Warlock yesterday where I held onto my plagues until they Wheeled, I slammed them all in and built a board (stealing Fanottem with Reska), and they immediately responded by playing Reno, pausing for confusion that my board was still there, and conceding.

Yes, it is a blunt hammer answer to Highlander decks that they don't have counterplay against anymore, but I did my time getting Reno'd into the ground or praying that Patchwerk hit Brann. I deserve this.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

It’s just a really satisfying deck. You’ve got good answers, you’ve got a nice array of splashy power cards (Primus, Reska, Helya, Horseman, CNE), fun corpse synergy… it’s just solid.

Maw and Paw is such a fun card. I am always excited when it manages to stick a turn.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

While Helya isn't required, I personally find comfort in knowing that, after I play her, I at least have A Wincon locked in. In the long run, they are going to eat a bajillion plagues, so I don't need to worry too much about Primus getting removed or the like. Plus, you've got her anyways, so why not?

As much as I love Maw and Paw for generating a pile of corpses, cranking up CNE, and quietly demanding a fast answer from the opponent, they aren't vital to the deck, just really satisfying. Shooting someone for over 20 with a CNE because they weren't able to quickly answer Maw and Paw early in the game is great.

Headless Horseman absolutely goes in the deck if you have him, but I wouldn't call him a high priority. It feels weird to say, because he's great whenever I play him--a solid removal spell, a good hero power, and then later a great hero power--but there are actually times that I'm a little annoyed by not having the ghoul anymore--typically when I want a few more corpses, but also when I've got the guy who gives poisonous who I do not immediately remember the name of.

Between Reska and The Primus, I think I would give Primus the nod. Even back when I was running Excavate DK, there would be times where I would avoid playing Reska so I could get a second Primus instead, and Primus is just a bit more flexible. Also sometimes you discover Reska with Primus, and that just feels like cheating.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

They need to just delete Brann already. Either you have pretty specifically Helya and another plague card before turn 6, or you just automatically lose to infinite value that you have no ability to do anything about. Reno’s honestly fine! But O have no idea how they thought Brann was going to be okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Admittedly, Thorgrim *was* my most hated part of facing Brann Warrior, so I can tentatively accept that it might be okay even though I can no longer turn off Brann. I still think he’s a card they’re going to end up nerfing or banning, unless they’re okay with not printing good battlecroes in Warrior or Neutral for the next year.

I’d kind of rather have had Helya and Brann both disappear than this.