Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Note Block posted:

Where is everyone standing to for the map update? I'm hanging out with Galathee at the Romaritime Harbor Statue. Hoping this spot has a good before/after.

Island alert! Island alert! New page island snypa~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
So in 50 rolls:

C5->C7 Xiangling
C2->C5 Freminet
C0->C1 Lynette
C0 Arlechinno

All in all, not bad.

Note Block posted:

Then I debased myself to the weapon banner that forced all three soft pities before spitting this out at me

Nice, goddamn. I usually don't ever even think about rolling on weapon banners, but Arle's is so cool looking that I'm almost tempted. It turns into a scythe!

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Raenir Salazar posted:

I do like her but my main priority is rounding out my available team, and I have Jean and Eula for Wind and Cryo with Lumine for either Wind or Geo in terms of 5* characters, so her being Pyro has a lot more of my interest then when I thought she'd be competing with Eula.

e: Also my highest level character is Lumine at 70, so its more about the potential team comps at around that level (still in Liyue, I'm slow on the MSQ as I don't have a lot of time after work to do much more than dailies and some mats).
going to be honest then, you should've spent the primos on Neuvillette or Kazuha yesterday lol

Since you have so few characters it's just going to depend on how well you think you can excel at her playstyle, really might be worth just waiting until you can get Furina coming up or we get more info on the next 2 characters coming out next patch.

You can't heal her so your jean isn't that helpful and Eula is an on-fielder too so they don't want to be on the team together. It's fine tho, this game is long as hell and all you really need is one strong carry and then start building up supports. I'd recommend investing in Eula & Jean first, either one can do a fine job at being your main on-fielder until you get the right characters to start building better teams

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Well... I lost the 50-50 to Tighnari C6(!) at pity count 76. I have less than 100 rolls left in the bank, and I wasn't expecting Clorinde and Sigewinne to show up in the same patch.

This might be GG for Arlecchino, gamers.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Tampa Bae posted:

going to be honest then, you should've spent the primos on Neuvillette or Kazuha yesterday lol

Yeah this.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Thinking of just saving up for natlan, unless clorinde has a fun kit

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
Yeah I'm probably gonna save until Natlan too. Bon voyage, Fontaine.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tampa Bae posted:

You should pull if you like her. Don't think there's many "Must-pull" characters out there. Nahida & Kazuha, maybe Furina. If you want to play the game on easy mode then Neuvillette. Three of those just ran very recently so if you empty primos on anything it should be Furina in the next couple months.

ZL and Kazuha are the only two I would say you always will want. They're both universally useful and ZL in particular enables things that otherwise just don't work. Even if you ignore abyss and base your decisions entirely on open world they're both incredibly good. Nahida, Furina, Noobvillage, Hu, and Raiden are all characters I would totally pull again today if I didn't have them but they're all very powerful in specific ways instead of universal ones.

I'll decide in a few weeks if it's worth replacing C1R1 Hu with Arle C0/C1, but that's a lot of power to creep.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
When people skipped Chiori for Arle, I am skipping Arle because I'm tapped out from Chiori and saving my pity for clorinde.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Mailer posted:

ZL and Kazuha are the only two I would say you always will want. They're both universally useful and ZL in particular enables things that otherwise just don't work. Even if you ignore abyss and base your decisions entirely on open world they're both incredibly good. Nahida, Furina, Noobvillage, Hu, and Raiden are all characters I would totally pull again today if I didn't have them but they're all very powerful in specific ways instead of universal ones.

I'll decide in a few weeks if it's worth replacing C1R1 Hu with Arle C0/C1, but that's a lot of power to creep.

THIS THIS THIS

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Noobvillage lol

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Oh yeah some notes on the Arlecchino boss materials that you may wanna know:

*The teleporter to the new island was open for me, I've explored most of Fontaine but haven't started any quests there so it might be unlocked for almost everyone.
*You must start the island's main quest line to get to the boss. It's self-contained and barely mentions the rest of Fontaine, so you don't need to worry about Fontaine spoilers
*It takes about 15-20 minutes to get to the point where you can get to the boss. Most of it's just talking. As soon as you get underground and get off the rails of the guided quest, you can just go straight to the boss room. If you end up swimming underwater a second time after fighting 4 statues, you've gone too far.

The boss is so incredibly easy I don't even know what mechanics it has. It has a shield but it breaks really fast just using a claymore user, it also takes a decent amount of damage while shielded. Breaking the shield stuns it and you can deal tons of damage while it's down. This is hands down the easiest boss material fight I've seen since like, the Anemo and Electro hypostasis in mondstat and it might even be easier than that since there's no revive phase lol

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The boss quickstart they added a few patches back works on it, so you can just use the Handbook to teleport there and do your weekly challenge (did this myself today).

e: Oh, not the weekly boss 🤔

haypliss fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 24, 2024

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
4.6 story spoilers so don't look unless you're like, already inside the castle

Hey remember when Hoyoverse said Childe's outfit is one big walking spoiler

SO HIS WHOLE OUTFIT IS REMURIAN AND HIS WEAPONS ARE ENKANOMIYAN HUH

I'm on to you Dawei

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Yeah the new boss is like a one-phase geo hypostasis. Imagine geo hypo but you only have to drop 1 pillar and then the fight is all but over.

So if Neuvillette is too easymode to enjoy then what is Nahida? She only has to look at enemies once every 25s. Or is the skill in knowing team mechanics like who to field and what order to rotate because Neuvillette has pretty strict requirements for maintaining 3 stacks.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

this game has far too many bosses

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Sanctum posted:

Yeah the new boss is like a one-phase geo hypostasis. Imagine geo hypo but you only have to drop 1 pillar and then the fight is all but over.

So if Neuvillette is too easymode to enjoy then what is Nahida? She only has to look at enemies once every 25s. Or is the skill in knowing team mechanics like who to field and what order to rotate because Neuvillette has pretty strict requirements for maintaining 3 stacks.
Nahida dies if anything sneezes on her so it kinda evens itself out if you're not paying attention. Give Neuvillette a prototype amber and he just becomes your team's healer in addition to the only damage you even need

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
I went to almost 80 to miss my 50/50 on loving c7 Diluc. My disappointment is immense. Could really use a single goddamn Tighnari but them's the gacha breaks.

I must have Father though and, small reprieve, it took about 50ish pulls after the wrong goddamn pyro dps.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
This new bit of Sumeru is kinda weird. The mountaintop is pretty far out of the way, and the path leading there is pretty sparse, but once you're up there, it has one of the more impressive panoramas in the game; then once you go down from there and a little further west, where it starts to transition to desert, it's basically completely unpopulated, and still feels like a semi-out-of-bounds area you're not really supposed to be in.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Ooh, "I got her in ten pulls", "I got double five stars in a ten pull", I'm gonna beat all of yall up. I got her with the second to last pull I had in my account. I got nothing left but 5 starglitter. :shepicide:

Well, fatherlessness avoided at least. And this being an exploration patch makes it so that it's not completely hopeless to try for Clorinde, or if I end up skipping her Sigewinne is pretty close to guaranteed I think. We'll see...

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

I went to almost 80 to miss my 50/50 on loving c7 Diluc. My disappointment is immense. Could really use a single goddamn Tighnari but them's the gacha breaks.

I must have Father though and, small reprieve, it took about 50ish pulls after the wrong goddamn pyro dps.

I mean at least it wasnt dehya?

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Meowywitch posted:

I mean at least it wasnt dehya?

Rude!

But maybe 5 refunded pulls is actually better than a Dehya constellation, hmmmm......

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

MoonCrab posted:

Ooh, "I got her in ten pulls", "I got double five stars in a ten pull", I'm gonna beat all of yall up. I got her with the second to last pull I had in my account. I got nothing left but 5 starglitter. :shepicide:

My double five stars at the end there took all three soft pities on the weapon banner, I paid the price for those!!!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I have committed sins, but I have father and her weapon. It just took me getting two of Lyney's weapon first. One is fine for Fischl but no idea what to do with the second. Refine it? Give it to Yoimiya to hold as I don't use her because I pulled another pyro carry like a loving idiot? Who knows. I also pulled a Chevreusse out of nowhere thankfully and got a Dehya.....I'm happy but I'm suffering from success here, I only have the books and mora to level one character not three. Dehya might also be a priority to actually build so Navia can still have Zhongli....

also that Dehya roll was after I picked her up so I have a guarantee and Arle's cons are very tempting...

Eimi fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Apr 24, 2024

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I have my First Great Magic (from when I rolled on Lyney/Yelan to get Aqua Simulacra..) on Ganyu

it's fine if you use her with Layla, or in Freeze teams in general

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Sadly the only way I'd ever get Ganyu is if they put Yelan on the chronicled wish and I get "lucky". I can't see myself ever targeting her as much as I like the cocogoat.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Eimi posted:

Sadly the only way I'd ever get Ganyu is if they put Yelan on the chronicled wish and I get "lucky". I can't see myself ever targeting her as much as I like the cocogoat.

Same

Charged bow shot gameplay has to be the second least fun gameplay in Genshin, second only to the occasional "stealth" minigame

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I find the wait between banners with new areas interminable. Anyway, Event wishing time!

Arlecchino C0 Sacrificial Bow (10) Lynette C4 (10) Lion's Roar(20) Lyney C0 Freminet C2 (30) Favonius Warbow (10 Arlecchino pulls)

I wasn't planning on going for Lyney right now but since I won so quickly on the other one I had to for extra stardust at the very least. And I wasn't expecting to get him immediately either but then I did! I pulled every character in that orphanage today, my Genshin luck is back baby!

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Apr 24, 2024

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Excelzior posted:

HAHAHA first 10 pull WHAT THE gently caress that's two in a row!

I hate you. All I have to show for five draws is a c3 Freminet.

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.

Boat Stuck posted:

Same

Charged bow shot gameplay has to be the second least fun gameplay in Genshin, second only to the occasional "stealth" minigame

I ended up with both Ganyu and Hu Tao cause I liked the characters when I was early in the storyline. Once I got other 5 stars I realized I hated playing both of them

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

FractalSandwich posted:

Well... I lost the 50-50 to Tighnari C6(!) at pity count 76. I have less than 100 rolls left in the bank, and I wasn't expecting Clorinde and Sigewinne to show up in the same patch.

This might be GG for Arlecchino, gamers.
Update: I did it anyway. It took another 75 rolls. Clorinde will be down to the 50-50, and Sigewinne is probably a lost cause. Hope you're worth it, Chino!

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Was on 70 pulls from last patch, no 50/50.

Secretly hoping that I lose the 50/50 because I’m up to 230 wishes and I start to make bad choices like pulling on the weapon barrier.

(80?) Arleccinho, Xiangling C6+ Oops

Lyney’s banner:

(10) Charlotte C3
(20) Lynette C1
(30) Freminet C2

Bad choice time, weapon banner:

(30) Arleccinho’s spear, Mika C2

Didn’t even know you could get characters on the weapon banner, third time I’ve ever pulled on it. This is my first 5* weapon not on the standard wish list. God I wish I’d had the sense to use that luck on a more general 5* weapon.

Won’t lie that I’m pretty happy with all that. Suppose I’ll have to see what 4.7’s deluge of characters and their kits will be like, or maybe pull for Baizhu.

Edit: I see her sig weapon turns into a red scythe, this is actually fine.

Real Cool Catfish fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Apr 24, 2024

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

arle fight spoilers only click if done

YOU CANONICALLY LOSE VS HER YEAH OK IM HERE FOR THIS

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
You may call me Mailer, or by my formal title:

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Missed the 50/50, think I'm skipping Arlecchino and saving the guarantee for when I have more patience to build a new character and play it instead of when I'm on the brink of burning out. Haven't even finished gearing Neuv yet tbh. At least I got Xiangling cons out of it.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Genshin Impact 4.6: Dad Girl, So What?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Clorinde leaks are suggesting that the majority of her damage counts as NAs but I doubt it, it would make glad+haran too good on her and life cant be that easy. Although if she doesnt have much hitlag thundering fury might be a real idea.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Apr 24, 2024

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
So all 9 of the remaining Hydroculi are in the Nostoi Region, before you even get to the new map. EDIT: Nevermind, I badly miscounted. There are like 54 more, and 46 of them are in the new area.

The Fountain of Lucine can also be maxed. I was at 299 Hydro Sigils when the patch dropped and thus exactly 1 off from being able to instantly max it without any 4.6 chests, so if there were a few I missed elsewhere in Fontaine you actually don't need to do any treasure hunting in the new areas to max the fountain.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Apr 24, 2024

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Grumble grumble, I finally decide to get rid of all these Exile and Instructor artifacts that I decided I was never gonna actually use and now there's a new book thing that rewards you for maxing out 8 of them. Might as well do it! I GUESS!!

So what should I do. I use too many favonius weapons for Exile to be worth it litetally ever so I'm thinking:

1, 2, 3: EM/EM/EM
4: ER sands
5, 6: Heal hat + Crit hat (for favonius proccing)
7, 8: Flower + Feather with EM/ER/Crit rate

Nobody that would ever use InstructorI would ever be a talent damage dealer so they're either gonna be a reaction support, a healer, or some sort of utility character (that I will inevitably put Favonius on). This covers all those roles then support units can use a random off-piece cup if they need a specific stat. Pretty sure I had all of these in my stock already. 4 years of stock, wasted :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Over the weekend, I cleaned up a ton of Sumeru desert achievements/hidden quests/etc. I didn't even know I was missing, and I'm still not finished.

Last night I was so excited to see the Sumeru desert map expansion, the first thing I did after the update was book it over there to explore....aaaaand there's nothing there. :classiclol: All that terrain and no enemies, animals, materials, nothing.

Anybody privy to leaks know if that area's going to be populated with stuff in the future?