Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Garrand posted:

In, i think, either the archon quest or possibly it was the original jeht and her father quest, where you're in the special domain where you learn what happened to the old sumeru gods. The puzzle had like three totems you rotate or something, and the riddle said something about looking to the sky or looking up? And I never figured out what the riddle/hint meant, i just figured the puzzle out almost immediately due to "gamer sense™" and to this day it bothers me that I don't know what that riddle actually meant, or what it meant as far as the puzzle goes.

"Look up at the hall as a mortal". The totems twisted around to kneeling mortal, standing priest, and King Deshret T-posing to assert dominance, and you just set them all to mortal. (They lit up when you got them right so it wasn't too hard, but I think there was the thing where some rotations were linked to each other?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

sushibandit posted:

I did notice once or twice that when I was jammed right up next to her character model, it wasn't letting me switch characters, similar to when you're up against an overhanging rock or something and try to switch to a taller character. Maybe a hitbox interruption?

Could have been jank hit boxes with child size characters, I ran it with Baizhu instead for my dendro app and had no issues. I wonder if it's counting her tightropes as part of her hitbox?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
This Childe person seems pretty reliable and helpful, maybe the Futui aren't all bad.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Melt wriothesley (+shenhe) was so strong in the event it made me want to try it out in overworld and it was actually good. Sure the event adds 50% dps but it's way stronger than I thought it would be. Maybe I should actually play this dude.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Playing Navia outside Furina + Xianyun just feels wrong. Doing 120k on a skill tap and being unsatisfied.

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
So I've been playing for a few days now after stopping back right before chasm came out. The only time I've been back was briefly reinstalling to throw all my primos at Yelan, not when she first came out though, for fun ending up with C2 and her weapon but then I stopped again.

I did abyss right before reset yesterday and eked out 32 stars with Hu Tao, Xingqui, Yelan, Zhongli and then a raiden hypercarry team, she's C2 with her weapon, minus Kazuha.

I'm kind of lost on which characters to go for at this point. Other than a few 4 stars Yelan is my newest character. I don't have any Sumeru or Fontaine characters other than again a few 4 stars. Arlechinno drew me back in though I lost the 50/50 for a Jean C2 but now after reading up I feel like Arlechinno might be redunant already having Hu Tao and Homa. Though I have two Homas so Arlechinno could get one.

I know I just missed out on Kazuha and Neuvillete. Other than Kazuha I don't see any other characters to go for given that I would be missing any other supports. Oh and I have one dendro character which is Collei. Any advice for characters to wait on?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Nahida, Furina, and the 4 star kuki shinobu are I think the 3 most powerful and widely used supports you're missing, then as a carry Neuvillette.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Furina, the hydro archon is going to be huge, especially as you already have Jean. She hasn't rerun yet so one is due soon. Nahida will probably rerun in mid Natlan at the earliest. Xianyun is limited Jean who also turns every character into Xiao if you want that, and it can be quite a buff to some like Diluc or Hu Tao. Chevreusse is the biggest 4* who actually makes pure pyro/electro teams worth running, she's an upgrade for Hyper Raiden. The rest of Fontaine's cast have been main dps, if that's your thing. All range from at bare minimum to good to the newest top damage dealers in Neuv/Arle with Navia trailing behind.

Clorinde is an upcoming limited Keqing, and Sigewinne is a healer who you can turn into the new 2 geo with Furina, you can just plug and play the two together for big returns.

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
Ok cool. Furina was one I figured I wanted. Thank you both. Just gotta start clearing two entire countries to rack up the primos.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I was thinking about the concept of an Oops! All Archons team and currently the best version would totally be hyperbloom huh?

Raiden/Furina/Nahida... either of the boys would work fine in the last slot.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I was thinking about the concept of an Oops! All Archons team and currently the best version would totally be hyperbloom huh?

Raiden/Furina/Nahida... either of the boys would work fine in the last slot.
I'd probably use Zhongli since the only sustain is Furina otherwise (lol, lmao) but yeah it's a perfectly viable hyperbloom setup. It does still amuse me that the best archon for on field shenanigans though aren't the ancient warriors but the tiny child.

Asimo fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 1, 2024

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I had a video of that comp. I'll reupload it later.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

It's so weird that they still haven't added like a training dummy type thing into the game where you can test your comps. Let us do it in the teapot or something and add options like enemy level and infinite energy and what have you. I mean they have that in the beta anyway.

Arlecchino absolutely decimates even bosses to the point where it's hard to get a handle on how she plays really. Doing dailies with her barely gives me any idea of how much damage she can do at this point. The abyss is different because of the buffs and, well, she dies a lot because she's such a glass cannon in there.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
I was gonna say I remembered someone posted afk archons but theres something else funny about the team

https://gcsim.app/sh/NpwNRHfK88nK

No inputs besides casting elemental skills

https://gcsim.app/sh/PPLMcDTpTmbN

Oldschool physical Razor (you bricked your account by activating C6 Bennett :ohdear:)

Life sure was hard back in 1.X

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

huh, i'm assuming this was in the animation leaks but how have i heard no mention of arle's ability to fly
https://i.imgur.com/lUn0KId.mp4

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

It was talked about a lot, though originally in beta it had a VERY short duration. Before release they extended it to 5 seconds which is really good. Though less good out of Fontaine for...reasons that clip highlights.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

You don't even have to do that, you can have her hover over water spamming charge attack before her wing form kicks in.

Not that you would but you can.

E: It's risky to do it over water obviously because you just might wind up in swim mode with no stamina but as a console player I have issues with it because you have to hold down a face button which means no camera control and that sucks.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I kind of prefer Neuvillette's hover just because it takes up less stamina, but I haven't messed with Arleccino a whole lot in the overworld just yet

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Garrand posted:

huh, i'm assuming this was in the animation leaks but how have i heard no mention of arle's ability to fly

Now that she's released, you can read up on all her talent descriptions in her trial.

Eimi posted:

It was talked about a lot, though originally in beta it had a VERY short duration. Before release they extended it to 5 seconds which is really good. Though less good out of Fontaine for...reasons that clip highlights.

It's good in Fontaine, and not as good anywhere where you misjudge the distance and end up drowning because you forgot that's how it works on the rest of the map.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Envgard posted:

I know I just missed out on Kazuha and Neuvillete. Other than Kazuha I don't see any other characters to go for given that I would be missing any other supports. Oh and I have one dendro character which is Collei. Any advice for characters to wait on?

Kazuha is always a rec unless your whole gimmick is Xiao/Mouche or mono geo. Neuv and Arle are pretty similar in that they're blatant big numbers carries with no subtlety, so if you're lacking power hitters they're good. They both get interrupt resist on C1 so it's a deeper investment to not use ZL, but if you're going to C1 someone you could do worse. Furina isn't universal as a support and requires a team comp for her (Neuv being the big pairing) but she's pretty good. Nahida opens up the wonderful world of hyperbloom.

The "good" news is that if you miss out on Arle/Neuv/etc it'll be like six months of artifact farming anyway so by the time you've got them all set up a rerun is happening. :v:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Mailer posted:

The "good" news is that if you miss out on Arle/Neuv/etc it'll be like six months of artifact farming anyway so by the time you've got them all set up a rerun is happening. :v:

...ooooorrr you give up on artifact farming after a week or two and go "gently caress it, this is good enough for me" :v:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Shinji2015 posted:

...ooooorrr you give up on artifact farming after a week or two and go "gently caress it, this is good enough for me" :v:

I mean you can, but I assume if you're weighing up buying in on characters and wondering who the choice picks are you'd at least want to get them geared up so you can use them in abyss. You're going to spend the resin anyway so it's not like there's an opportunity cost.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 09:14 on May 2, 2024

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I finally got the goddamn rockslide version of the snake food quest for the achievement. I think thats the last one I needed from Sumeru. Now, does anyone know offhand; if I set my commission region to "random" will it pick entirely randomly or will it be weighted towards regions where I have commissions with outstanding achievements? I know within the region it'll be weighted to give you quests with unearned achievements more often, but I'm not sure if that applies to picking the region as well.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Weirdly, I haven't felt or seen the weighted commissions in a couple weeks. It was non-stop achievement commissions in Mondstadt and Inazuma, and when I started out Liyue, but it has recently just given me regular, garbage commissions every day for while now. I'm not done with Liyue commissions achievements either, not by a long shot.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
It does feel worse to me lately, like I know some have cooling-off periods before you get the next part but surely I should be able to alternate between versions of Garcia/Desert Bloom/Meow/Project Baby etc instead of ever having dead days.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Its been giving me Project Baby consistently enough, most days was either project baby or one of those days where all 4 dailies are "go place, kill thing". There were a few days where I did get random other "story" dailies (dunno what else to call them, the ones where you talk to a person then do a task which might not be Kill Thing) like the concrete one or whatever, but they werent that common. Well, unless you count it giving me the "help the doctor deliver medicine" one over and over, but I eventually googled it and found out there is an achievement for talking to the patients again after handing over the medicine, so that doesnt really count.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Oh right, I have the doctor one going too. Helped the sick guy with weeds but giving the lady bitter medicine didn't have an obvious tell so I will need to redo it I guess...

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Concersoil has an achievement too for following the whopper and killing it.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Now I’ve got her to 80/80 and her weapon to 90, the Knave really is easily the most murderous of any of my characters so far. Big fan of how if you stop swinging, she slowly walks forward menacingly with her scythe outstretched. One of her best artifact sets being Gladiator’s, which everyone has a million pieces of, is really nice.

11/10

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

My main mistake playing her is I like her CA so I find myself doing it a lot even though it's not affected by the damage boost.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Doesn't it have its own ICD for elemental application separate from NATK? There's your excuse to use it if so.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
Discovered on the very first try using Scyllas high speed water currents that its possible to go so far into the "how about we explore this area later" zone that you nearly get stuck in a loop unable to get out (I was able to eventually swim to safety and still had the option to teleport)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gladiator's such a helpful artifact set, I struggle to ever move people off of it when it gives me poo poo like this

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Note Block posted:

Weirdly, I haven't felt or seen the weighted commissions in a couple weeks. It was non-stop achievement commissions in Mondstadt and Inazuma, and when I started out Liyue, but it has recently just given me regular, garbage commissions every day for while now. I'm not done with Liyue commissions achievements either, not by a long shot.

Same thing here. I get 3 generic kills and one balloon chase four days a week in Liyue after finishing up Monstadt. I thought maybe it was because I haven't done many of the Liyue sidequests yet in case they are gating access.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Holy poo poo that flower and feather are both absolutely ridiculous, and the sand is drat good too.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
They must've stealth nerfed the rate at which you got the achievement-based daily commissions. When it came out I was getting the right version of a quest all week, and I cleared out Inazuma and Mondstat back to back immediately.

I've been stuck in Liyue now for over two months and I'll get the Signs of Love, but the same versions, or Pirates, but the same kid two times a week, and like 3 or 4 days a week get no story-based commission at all

and before someone mentions it, yeah I know there's two different achievements for Signs of Love, one for sabotaging and one for leaving the signs alone but I'll get leaves and birds over and over and not the ones I need left

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i think the "bucket" system is still there underneath the priority system, so if you complete an achievement quest but in a way that doesn't grant the achievement it can still be a while before it comes back again

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
For me it's Bao'er and her goddamn lost relic :argh:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Gladiator's such a helpful artifact set, I struggle to ever move people off of it when it gives me poo poo like this

Stacked the buffs for the Effect of Ecological Fluctuations stage 2/1 for All Elemental DMG Bonus and Defense reduced by 33.3% and my Bennet/Arle/Furina/Zhongli team was mostly Arlecchino hitting 40-78K on everything after all the boosts from Furina. That's way beyond what I do in the overworld so I had to post here that I was shocked that it was happening.

Anyway for actual Genshin opinions, I like the new statue boss even though it evaporates faster than I'm ever prepared for it to, and Arlecchino's fun to use (Because she does insane damage) and I'm glad I was corrected and am now actually leveling her normal attack talents as well. A general thing I like that Dragon Quest likes to do is have non-hostile enemies around, so I'm always happy whenever that happens in the game too. Jeht seems to be a community favorite and I'm just waiting/hoping to see a Fatui defector in Mondstadt helping fight off monsters with an adventurer at some point.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 01:08 on May 4, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Keqing making me miss RWBY :(

Meanwhile Eula whenever she says one of her voicelines :stare: