Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here
Bought the expansion. This game is still unplayable garbage imo. Between launch and now it really feels like they've only done 2 major changes:

1. They made the world actually interesting to be in. There's a lot more going on now rather than endless fields and forests.
2. Less buggy and skills actually do what they say on the tooltip.

And honestly there's where it ends. The game still suffers from overall major core gameplay and identity issues.

1. The core gameplay is a mess. It's clearly a game built on the foundations of a PvP sandbox, but has gotten so lost along the way that it has no idea what it is or wants to be.
2. Main gameplay loop revolves around instanced PvP combats and running around opening elite chests triggering their cooldown on as many characters as you can.
3. Itemization is a mess, it's both shallow and unrewarding because skill has far little impact than just having good gear. Gear Score is a major part in toxicity and wildly plays almost no role in how well you are geared. Then there's just all the other material poo poo you have to save.
4. They refuse to play into the strengths of an MMORPG. For example their combat consistently wants to wrestle with pings, while their servers have worse netcode than WoW did in 2007. Not being able to see projectiles in a game about dodging projectiles should be a war crime.
5. Towns and PVE are still vapid uninspired garbage.
6. It still doesn't feel like there is "builds" just skill choice and weapon choice.
7. Heavy armor is still utterly useless in PvP.
8. Even though the 1v1 to 3v3 PvP can at times be okay, eveything else (which the game is built on) turns into a laughable spamfest with extremely low weapon viability.
9. Mounts are trash and poorly designed and honestly it's a little hilarious they think this is okay.
10. You still can't swim.
11. They disabled their main story quest like 2 times into the release of their expansion resulting in players not be able to unlock poo poo which most guilds deem required.
12. Everything is just a +1 grind. Literally everything. There's nothing special or unique in any of it.
13. Nothing is explained. I hate that you hover over attributes and it just says "this weapon scales with this attribute" (which is just so vague) but from what I understand that's not even exactly the case with different damage types. It never tells you that the items you are wearing is what drops. You just sort of have to one day wonder why all you're getting is the same poo poo over and over again and then ask about it.
14. Life Staff is STILL the worst poo poo ever made by anyone ever. It needs to go into a museum its that bad.

The devs being proud that their loving "Monkeys being able to leap and throw now" or some equally dumbass poo poo makes me internally scream. I can't stress enough that if you decide to play New World, you won't be doing interesting poo poo to gear up. You will be running around the map waiting for it to be your lucky day and it will take weeks and weeks of doing this poo poo to be/stay viable.

hobocrunch fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Oct 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU