Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Love the recaps! most enjoyable hope that keeps up

Off to a good start this week. Mike Williams, while a complete washed up bum who should probably quit football last week, this week is an absolute hero that we all can (and should) look up to as an example for the children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Drake London had a really nice day today and is looking promising as really the number one wr on the falcons. might be willing to trade him for a qb to replace russel's broken rear end

Play
Apr 25, 2006

WampaLord posted:

Recaps will come later this week, currently driving all the way through the wide part of Texas, holy gently caress this state is too big

Hey you could be having to drive from the top of CA to the bottom! But at least then you'd have some nice things to look at.

As for my week, my dudes crushed and I've come away a lot less nervous. Russ laid another absolute turd but it didn't come closer to mattering, Amon-Ra out up nearly 40 and Aaron Jones broke 30 on incredible efficiency which probably will not happen again.

Jonathan Taylor had a really surprising bad week and I'm a little worried that he won't be the workhorse he was for me last year.

AJ Brown also didn't have the best week but was tempered by Goedert overperforming.

I flushed Russ down the toilet so if anyone desires my leavings please help yourself. Also still willing to make a good offer on a qb if anyone has an attractive proposition, I've got some decent bench players I'd be willing to part with

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Yeah the RBs have been tough. Can't even count on JT who was obvious RB1 and my keeper. He should get a little better and at least he's the clear number 1. Aaron Jones my second guy is still getting bit by AJ Dillon, he's been amazing but on not enough touches to make me comfortable. Also drafted Dameon Pierce who is definitely the first RB on his team but isn't putting up big numbers.

And the other big names, Henry, Cook, Mixon, Kamara etc. have all seen some issues.

I love running backs so I always draft them early but the teams who went WRs early are probably doing a lot better right now. At least the league looks pretty balanced, the 0-1 teams did well last week so we've got a majority of teams at 1-1

e: alsi goddammit is Justin Herbert gonna play tomorrow or not I gotta know whether to bench Mike Williams

Play
Apr 25, 2006

oof rough go of it last week. I even made some nice substitutions but the Eagles (Goedert and AJ Brown) coming to a literal standstill at the half and creating no more offense really hurt me, as did Amon Ra's injury.

I feel like I'm scoring good points but... the other team is scoring more. which is very rude if you ask me

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Play posted:

oof rough go of it last week. I even made some nice substitutions but the Eagles (Goedert and AJ Brown) coming to a literal standstill at the half and creating no more offense really hurt me, as did Amon Ra's injury.

I feel like I'm scoring good points but... the other team is scoring more. which is very rude if you ask me

i can't believe i called last week a rough go of it, this week was absolute torture

lawrence losing multiple fumbles, Jonathan Taylor doing absolutely jack poo poo, and Drake London making all of two catches doomed me. I was trying to decide on Dameon Pierce or Aaron Jones (I chose Pierce who actually did perform), what I SHOULD'VE been trying to decide is Pierce or loving Jonathan Taylor. Colts O line has completely fallen apart. Every run I caught today there were two or three D linemen who had already cast aside their blocks waiting for him at the line of scrimmage.

e: I thought Lawrence lost two fumbles, that's what it was at earlier but he lost FOUR plus an INT lmao. guess i can blame hurricane ian for that one

Play fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 2, 2022

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Was Taylor out before the game? Last year I wasn't working 13 hours a day and I'm having trouble working up the energy and or finding time and or remembering to do the fantasy housekeeping

Or did he get hurt first thing or something.
Either way not the start to the week you want!

But my boys will stick in there, they have HEART which all you guys with great teams full of stars will NEVER understand

Play fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 9, 2022

Play
Apr 25, 2006

WampaLord posted:

Dalton Schultz put up a big goose egg for me last week and I still pulled out a W, you have a shot.

You may be right, as long as Daniel Carlson doesn't put up 16 or more points. However I know this is possible because somehow nick folk contributed 18 to me this week

BlindSite posted:

I hate not starting breece hall because I expected Damien to do work against the lions D

Funny because in a drunken haze at 530 am last night I wanted to put Rhamondre in for Aaron Jones but decided I was being a dumb drunk idiot. except I should've because he put up almost 20 points

Hall could've had even more points too, he was literally stopped at the one yard line twice in that game

Play
Apr 25, 2006

BlindSite posted:

Ah well live and learn. I think moving forward Hall is pretty much a must start though.

Also gently caress. If conner could stop getting hurt in the 2nd quarter of games it would be amazing.

Yeah probably my most reliable player has also been a rookie running back I got in a later round, Dameon Pierce is exactly as dope as I expected but I did not realize he'd be quite that reliable in terms of fantasy. Which is good because JT is languishing and Aaron Jones seems to be getting less carries than Dillon even though he's been very efficient. So what was supposed to be the strength of my team are now bench-level at beast and it's Pierce and Rhamondre being the more reliable lol

I love the randomness of it all.

Also, someone PLEASE trade me a quarterback I am absolutely dying here

Play
Apr 25, 2006

oh my god i have a genuine chance to get defeated by Daniel Carlsson. this week is a genuine kicker battle for the win

Play
Apr 25, 2006

BlindSite posted:

Ban 2 pt conversions imo

I was having dinner so I missed a lot, is that what happened on the one before? Lmao and then I was sure I was doomed when davante made that catch, no way is Carlson missing from the 25, but then they called it back and the receivers ran into each other on the following fourth down play. And I won by less than a point.

What a roller coaster ride, probably my worst performance but I guess it still counts!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

well im totally hosed this week, who would've expected freaking saints vs cardinals to be a 76 point offensive explosion

also too many guys on bye. in reality i am inferior to my opponent in every way even without these qualifiers. im man enought o admit to that

Play
Apr 25, 2006

okay i just need a measly forty or fifty points from Rhamondre Stevenson. should be doable

also why tf did I dump Aiyuk :smith: i don't actually remember doing it so im gonna assume i was drunk

Play
Apr 25, 2006

WampaLord posted:

ugh that stupid garbage time texans TD to pierce might gently caress me

AJ brown and Tua are really the ones who did me in tho

i thought the exact same thing lol. had to celebrate that stupid, pointless touchdown. i actually hosed up big time this week since i didn't realize amon ra would be playing and started london instead. plus not starting rhamondre but that at least was my own bad decision. could've scored almost 170 points if i had gotten things right

looks like all the 5-2 and 6-1 teams are likely to lose this week. its a proletarian revolution in the tff nfc south fantasy league. no gods no masters!!! :getin:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Hey now Hayden Hurst could score 14.

I mean, he could.

yeah definitely within the realm of possibility. also I missed the New Guy who is 5 -2 and pretty much guaranteed to win (i have sent his information to the commissar and he shall be executed by guillotine once the measure has passed committee)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Lenny Wagon I'm playing you this week and you've got two guys starting who are on bye just in case you see this.

wandler20 posted:

Kind of nice to not have to tinker with the lineup. My entire bench is on a bye.

Lol. I'm very happy to be mostly through my important byes, and some injuries have cleared up as well. Mike Williams only guy still hurt. Well, and Jonathan Taylor but I'm benching him anyways finally. What a disappointment of a keeper and a likely first overall fantasy pick.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

BlindSite posted:

gently caress sake. Cooks isn't playing tonight and my alerts send through a warning 5 minutes AFTER kick off.

and it wasn't an injury or illness or something like that. but a tantrum lol

e: Another thing. Next season I want to propose a small change and raise the score level for rushing yards for RBs, WRs, and TEs. Full PPR is creating an imbalance where an incredible day of rushing like Damien Pierce had results in a lower than expected score. I'd like rushing yards to be appropriately rewarded, maybe they can be .125 or something like that just to give them a little boost.

Also higher scores are cool. Any thoughts on that? Is it even possible with Yahoo?

Play fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 4, 2022

Play
Apr 25, 2006

WampaLord posted:

We can talk about the scoring system for next year, sure. Personally I don't have a problem with the current setup, but maybe if full point PPR is skewing things too much we could move it to half point PPR if enough people agree to that. I dunno if you can do like a 1.25x booster to rushing yards like you're talking about with Yahoo's setup, though.

That's too bad it's just a little sad to see a dude rush for 139 and put up a pretty pathetic score just because no catches. A catch for no yards worth the same as a ten yard run is weird logic.

But, I like big scores mentally and emotionally so going half ppr doesn't appeal either. I guess yahoo doesn't have my breadth of vision to both respect the run and boost all scores into the stratosphere, more fool them

wandler20 posted:

The scoring is fine, draft better.

Lmao :ok: way to miss the point

Wait are you Steve or Nathan. Or someone else

WampaLord posted:

Also it's hilarious that the team with Joe Mixon is getting totally stomped this week because they didn't manage their lineup.

It takes like 5 minutes once a week, people!

I know I tried to warn them because that's no fun. I still would've had some chance to win depending, had an okay week but at least it would've been exciting. Especially with Mixon putting up God tier numbers

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ah poo poo I forgot to take drake london out god dammit

Well, here's hoping for a big game I guess. Seems unlikely. A lot of guys on bye or injured this week but I could've put in Aaron Jones who looks like he will play

Play
Apr 25, 2006

yeaaahhhh not lookin good lol

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ooooh didn't someone trade for Ertz recently? I'm sad to announce he just died

e: beaten by the victim

wandler20 posted:

gently caress you Justin Fields.

QB rushing yards should only count for half points. We need to change that next year.

You know I won that week right? Lmao. I'm enjoying the minor meltdown though so by all means continue

PostNouveau posted:

I went through all the teams looking for a way to trade Zach Ertz for a RB better than Khalil Herbert, and I gotta say, you all disgust me. What are these teams? One of you has 3 TEs. Bizarre league we got here, just bizarre. One of you has exactly 2 RBs and like 8 WRs.

Hahaha that owns

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I knew I was gonna make terrible sit/start choices this week and I did NOT disappoint

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Ease up, this isn't being blown out.

yet

drat man, twisting the knife

Play
Apr 25, 2006

wandler20 posted:

I deserve this L for starting Toney.

Honestly think I deserve the l more than you do, hosed up big time in sit start and a bunch of my players disappointed. drat that was close and if the 49ers weren't absolutely dominating you'd still have a very good chance but it looks like they took Aiyuk out.

The part I find ironic is that I dropped Kenyan Drake due to having way too many RBs, you picked him up and put him in for Najee. So if I hadn't have made that completely random move of dropping him you would've kept Najee in and beaten me like a drum. Sometimes you stumble rear end backwards into the solution I guess

Play
Apr 25, 2006

This is gonna be a nail biter for me. Instant Keenan and Kelce touchdowns bode ill.

Going for my fifth consecutive win, which would be dope, but starting to feel like the well of luck has run dry

Play
Apr 25, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

I'm also going for my 5th straight win, so it's a clash of hot teams.

You've already had some good luck as Justin Fields got hurt, and he has been carrying the gently caress out of my team these last few games with 30+ point performances.

Yeah in a way I'm already pretty lucky that I didn't play you last week, at least I have some chance lol

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Paul Proteus posted:

I'm sure I'll struggle this week. Who knows. I'm not sure Kyler has been my issue - really my 2nd through fourth picks all killed me - Kamara, Deebo, and Sutton have all been duds. My best picks came late in the rounds and free agency, but I wasn't able to get any consistency in play/huge boom weeks other than the one time Kamara scored a TD this season.

Yeah literally my most reliable players came in the fifth round (Amon-Ra), tenth round (Rhamondre), and waiver wire (Tua, at least until recently). AJ Brown in the third round also hasn't been bad although has had some down weeks. Apart from that Aaron Jones, Mike Williams, and Russel Wilson did very little for me and were all horribly overdrafted

This week I'm apparently still evenly favored despite Foster Moreau putting up a big fat zero. If I do lose and Champa Bay wins does anyone know if I will get the bye or not since we'll have equal records at that point? What are tiebreakers based on, previous wins or points scored total or something?

side note: The New Guy please replace your defense on bye so this doesn't happen

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Cool thanks guys.

Annoying to have such a down week right before wins and losses are for good, but I'll hope it's just a blip. Good luck in the playoffs everyone!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

well there was the slim chance of a win but with conner dominating and rhamondre getting injured (god dammit), I'm buttered toast

Play
Apr 25, 2006

My team falling apart at the absolute worst moment. J Taylor on IR, Damien Pierce on IR, Amon Ra losing touches to Jameson, Tua playing badly. Everyone else sucking rear end except for AJ Brown.

Even with all that should be a fun playoff game and according to yahoo we're about even. Not sure I believe that though lol

Play
Apr 25, 2006

God dammit Zach Wilson needs to just disappear of shame, what a fuckass.

Really should've gone with Mike williams given the weather and how Zach sucks so incredibly hard. But you live with these things when you were born an idiot

BlindSite posted:

My mouth kisses. My lips are chapped and fatigued!

And yet, the brady just keeps on kissing you... is he trying to murder you with kisses? You feel faint and unwell. Roll constitution to see if you survive more kisses

Play
Apr 25, 2006

This playoff game a race to the bottom lol. Who can gently caress up and disappoint less

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Man what a wet fart end to a season lol. Every single player going red, many of them by incredible margins. Also accepted some very bad advice and also made my own bad decisions. My opponent had a pretty bad week too but still beat me by a lot

Fun season since I had that win steak after a poo poo start. But ultimately, disappointment as everything falls apart at the exact worst time

Fantasy football!! That's what it is and that's why I love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

We doing this again this year? I never know when these things start. Just wanna make sure I don't miss it.