Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Happy eiyuden day everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boz
Oct 16, 2005

fridge corn posted:

Happy eiyuden day everyone

Thought I had more time still.

I gotta play through the prequel game

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Escobarbarian posted:

PS5 thread movie chat: oh man Challengers is so so good

Saw monkey man last night and it has a bfg division moment so good that i floated out of the chair across the theatre. Movie rules (poo poo camera in fights tho)

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Apr 23, 2024

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Someone mentioned No Rest for the Wicked. My eyes glazed over because it made me think of that wack Cage the Elephant song from Borderlands, but the game actually looks incredible. should have called it Dark Age: Legacy Souls: Origins or something.

Yeah it rules in doom 2

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Kale posted:

Is that the reason why they put out that game is uncensored tweet which the incel anti-woke coomer crowd is celebrating as a massive victory? I found that weird and like they were basically dog whistling at that crowd to reassure them that this "their game" and was kind of irked by it, but that makes more sense if that's what it's about.

Definitely. The tweet explicitly underlines the Japanese version, and is bilingual English/Japanese.

https://twitter.com/StellarBlade/status/1781976139688534449

Interestingly, the Japanese EA GM seems to have deleted his critical tweet. Translated to English, it read roughly

quote:

What’s going on CERO? The Stellar Blade’s demo was really fun and absolutely action-packed. However, CERO, you denied our Dead Space a rating because it included cross-sections of severed body parts and internal organs, but here we have both cross-sections and insides on display passed off with a CERO D rating. I find this hard to accept…”

I think the outcome being hoped for is that CERO has somewhat course corrected into more reasonable ratings standards, since having to develop censored builds is a pain in the rear end for a host of reasons and carries some knock-on effects, e.g. AC Valhalla was censored in all of SE Asia, not just Japan, because Ubisoft only wanted to put out one SKU for that whole region.

univbee fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Apr 23, 2024

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

should have given Issac a bubble butt.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

veni veni veni posted:

Goddamn the dogs in stalker are the worst. Every eurojank game has the worst dogs

What games have good dog enemies? I can't think of any. There's the first encounter with them in res evil but that's just cool because it was scary, they are still annoying rear end dog enemies after that. Dragon's Dogma has wolves that hunt in packs but outside of fun pawn memes they are still annoying rear end dog enemies.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

big nipples big life posted:

What games have good dog enemies? I can't think of any. There's the first encounter with them in res evil but that's just cool because it was scary, they are still annoying rear end dog enemies after that. Dragon's Dogma has wolves that hunt in packs but outside of fun pawn memes they are still annoying rear end dog enemies.

Command and conquer

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Fair. I guess I should have specified action game.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

boz posted:

Thought I had more time still.

I gotta play through the prequel game

The prequel game takes like 10 hours.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I don't think there are any good dog enemies in action games, they're small and fast and hard to hit and that's not really a fun combination

Plus it wouldn't be that fun to kill dogs even if they weren't annoying. They're all good dogs

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the colmillos from RE4 were good. fragile but incredibly strong, and appeared sparingly enough so you didn’t get used to them

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Fair. I guess I should have specified action game.

Oh. Duck Hunt dog

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Duck Hunt dog is featured on Loathsome Characters Wiki, I think that means he's bad

https://loathsomecharacters.miraheze.org/wiki/Duck_Hunt_Dog

(I only found this out because I was looking for a gif of that rear end in a top hat dog laughing)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Duck Hunt dog is featured on Loathsome Characters Wiki, I think that means he's bad

https://loathsomecharacters.miraheze.org/wiki/Duck_Hunt_Dog

(I only found this out because I was looking for a gif of that rear end in a top hat dog laughing)

:laugh:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sif from Dark Souls is the only good dog enemy - just protecting it's grave from your thieving hands!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
He's not a dog, he's a wolf :laugh:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

He is a good boy. :colbert:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

The gently caress is going on over there at square

https://twitter.com/Genki_JPN/status/1782730501377438174?t=KHvoGK9RfytgXX8AEsZERA&s=19

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

lmfao

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://twitter.com/JezCorden/status/1782779294722269555

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

haveblue posted:

I don't think there are any good dog enemies in action games, they're small and fast and hard to hit and that's not really a fun combination

Plus it wouldn't be that fun to kill dogs even if they weren't annoying. They're all good dogs

I have no way to prove this but I think dog enemies have been falling out of favor as graphics improve. No one wants to kill something that resembles the family pet so the game companies have to make the dogs more vicious and evil looking so you don't feel bad shooting them

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

WaltherFeng posted:

Sekiro is still GOAT. None of the parry games that came after still haven't surpassed it.

Ya I would say Sekiro still has the best parry mechanic but I did like the ki system of Wulong which added a nice twist to Sekiro's posture system.
Sekiro's emblem system for special moves/tools was really bad. In Wulong you can gain positive posture which you can't in Sekiro, you can spend that posture to do special attacks and spells.

Limiting your special moves in Sekiro behind a limited resource was a bad idea, I know they later patched it to make it easier to get emblems.

But that's just a minor gripe, Sekiro imo is still one of the best games of all time, it still has the best array of boss fights in any game imo. The first time fighting the Guardian Ape then fighting him with his wife, loving poo poo was crazy.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I don’t know who needs to know this, but I just discovered Nightdive’s Turok 3 remaster has a free PS5 upgrade now. That’s cool, I was a little disappointed that it was only a PS4 version on release.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Stellar Blade reviews tomorrow, right?

And no Stellar Blade thread it seems?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Mordiceius posted:

You’re already in it

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Need a containment zone for the pervert game.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Hope it meets the same fate as the Hogwarts thread.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Vintersorg posted:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Vintersorg posted:

man nurse posted:

You’re already in it

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Paying2Lurk posted:

Hope it meets the same fate as the Hogwarts thread.

What are you on about, its not even in same timezone, aint even in the same drat galaxy

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Mordiceius posted:

Nobody online is buying the game they’re just posting whether or not they’re for or against the game.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Online with a capital O

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm holding open the option of buying it if it has glowing reviews tomorrow. Last time I took a chance on a korean game nobody expected much of it turned out pretty well

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I liked the demo, I will play the game sooner or later. I will not make a thread about it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am going to wait for the eventual PC release.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'll be playing Megaton Musashi instead. :colbert:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Bugblatter posted:

The thing that kinda irritates me the most about SB right now is the director saying the game will be South Korea’s first big foray into console development and prove that SK can compete in that space.

Dude Lies of P and Dave the Diver both beat you last year.

He said console game development is rare in SK and he hopes it will be used as an example on the global stage. I don't see any reason to twist his words

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

haveblue posted:

I'm holding open the option of buying it if it has glowing reviews tomorrow. Last time I took a chance on a korean game nobody expected much of it turned out pretty well

I'm still kind of processing that Korea is making real games now. I'm still half expecting Stellar Blade to turn into a tower defense game 15 minutes in where you have to buy cannonballs with premium currency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I'm still kind of processing that Korea is making real games now. I'm still half expecting Stellar Blade to turn into a tower defense game 15 minutes in where you have to buy cannonballs with premium currency.

We’re overdue another Brutal Legend-style “lol no it’s not the game in the demo” rug pull in gaming to be honest