Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 14 days!)

this dude came in with unlimited goodwill, we were all so happy to have him back, live, and he decided to say

ALL MY PERSONAL PROBLEMS SHOULD BE HUGE

the dude literally said 'gently caress tony, gently caress the guys i'm working with'

it's utter destruction and it's hilarious. what a loving idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

of course this poo poo would be what punk does though. it's loving absurd.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

its wack

PunishedEnzoMatrix
Jul 29, 2022

by Hand Knit
Looking forward to his destrucity era.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Punk rules, funniest comedy wrestler ever.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
you about to catch these hands op

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

cm punk is a meme wrestler

Skulker
Jan 27, 2021

Duuuuuude!
I missed CM Punk the first time around so when he came back I didn't Get It cause he seemed like a slow, awkward dude who did smarky promos, in an era where every wrestler did smarky promos and so now that he's absolutely self destructing I am going to act smug like I knew it all along

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he spit in tony's mouth on tony's dime. he shitted on the floor and said you done this.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Excuse to watch this again

https://twitter.com/adamwilbourn/status/1567530128095207424?t=5yTdMMDwyoxiRuWS5_J-Gw&s=19

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

you about to catch these hands op

they need to be thrown back lol

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
You can take the CM Punk out of livejournal, but you can't take the livejournal out of CM Punk.

Also obligatory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQgUx9WJwjE

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I already posted that, don't make me grab some muffins and start yelling

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

I made it I can post it I tells ya!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I still want to grab a muffin now

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Sarah-Lynn, prickly muffin
CM Punk, prick with muffin

I don't have a hatred for CM Punk, either fed syndrome derived or otherwise. I liked his ROH run, his time in WWE and his AEW run until.. that. If anything, I am pissed off at him for both the media scrum / aftermath bullshit and giving a granule of justification to the nutHHHuggers to flog every milquetoast HHH/Roman/etc. promo clip and rub themselves stupid into a revisionary lather.

FullMetalJackoff fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Sep 24, 2022

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

In another universe, Punk started poo poo with SCU instead of the Elite.

"I'm hurt, I'm tired, I'm old and I work with children."

"DO YA?!"

The surprise launches Punk into the wall behind him, causing him to need surgery and six months time off.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

This thread is for saying thank you FullMetalJackoff! thank you FullMetalJackoff!

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Freeze all their contracts until the suspensions are lifted.

Leave this on their voicemails
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLCcOI8-guc

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

it's also the most tragic. The Elite Did Nothing Wrong

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/bridgingsuplex/status/1570851911167004672

malakai black quit aew because they suspended cm punk

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I didn't realize he had so much heat with Julia

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm not gonna pretend I was always badding him from the start. He convinced me with those couple feuds he had. I was, however, always of the mind that he shouldn't be champion and boy was I right.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is Punk one of the older wrestlers on the roster? I keep going back to him saying that he's tired at the presser and maybe given his age and the pressure of trying to have competitive matches, maybe he is tired.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

TV Zombie posted:

Is Punk one of the older wrestlers on the roster? I keep going back to him saying that he's tired at the presser and maybe given his age and the pressure of trying to have competitive matches, maybe he is tired.

Fuckin Frankie Kazarian is older than him, let alone Dustin, Jericho and Sting.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

He's up there but still younger than Jericho and Sting

And while I don't think he'll never get in boy howdy did the Observer Hall of fame voters luck out by not voting him in last year. This year felt like a victory lap but now it's going to be awhile before he gets in if at all. Which means that of the ROH/Indy/Japan guys from 00's that influenced modern wrestling we only have 2 in the Hall (Danielson and AJ) and I doubt guys like Joe/Marafuji/KENTA/etc will ever get I

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

I think he only older active roster members are Jericho, The original death dealer Luther, Dustin Rhodes and Sting, but Tall Paul is also older than him.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cavauro posted:

he spit in tony's mouth on tony's dime. he shitted on the floor and said you done this.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Robert Fish was older, too. CD, Christian Cage are older, Colt is only 1 year younger, Matt Hardy, Samoa Joe, oh neat Butcher is 1 year older but Blade is 1 year younger. So by all means, CM Punk is up there but not at all the oldest active wrestler.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

The point about asking about the age is that it can suck to do poo poo when you’re older so given his age and being asked to put on good matches consistently with younger opponents had to suck when you’re trying to match their skill ( messing up the buckshot). So I can understand his crankiness but he should have learned better coping techniques or not be put in a position where he has to have matches too often.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
The best thing adout Punk being gone is that if this dumbass fight never happened he could've caused more damage in the long run with the dirtsheets saying AEW morale was getting bad trying to please his ego. Better to cut the infection out before it spreads.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
This has probably killed the cm punk chant as a chant to use to complain that the wrestling is bullshit

Sure, it probably would have gotten less use in a hhh-run wwe anyway but this has probably killed that chant stone dead

Even what rears its ugly head now and then, but i really think chanting cm punk in that way is over with, and i dont think other chants have gotten their legs swept out from under them like this

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I'm deathly curious as to how the crowd's going to react next time they're in Chicago

Colt Cabana should open the show

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

lmao

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
anyone got a summary of wot happened for someone who hasnt followed cool man punk since his ufc run?

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Venomous posted:

it's also the most tragic. The Elite Did Nothing Wrong

i doubt they did 'nothing wrong' but it's just so funny that they basically built the place with tony and things were fine, cody issues aside

then punk comes in and it's utter drama from hell

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Even if the fight hadn’t happened I feel like him going on that weird rant would have put him in the doghouse. I am on the autism spectrum, I have trouble with social cues, and even I know that’s not the place to drag up old poo poo and start fights.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Macksy posted:

anyone got a summary of wot happened for someone who hasnt followed cool man punk since his ufc run?

Punk finally came back to wrestling, burned the house down in Chicago for AEW. Had some good feuds, put over a bunch of younger talent, got hurt a couple times because dude's old and busted. Most recently picked up the title at All Out earlier this month, but was in a poo poo mood (and still covered in blood) for the press conference afterwards, and when a reporter started ragging on some stuff about Colt Cabana having recently been picked up by AEW for the RoH roster he went off and put it on the Bucks as EVPs spreading bullshit about him having a grudge, then turned to bitching out Hangman very publicly for challenging him to a match right after he got back from injury that wasn't booked.

quote:

“What did I ever do in this world to deserve an empty-headed f–king dumbf–k like ‘Hangman’ Adam Page to go out on national television and f–king go into business for himself? For what? What did I ever do? … Didn’t do a goddamn thing.”

“I’m trying to run a f–king business,” Punk continued. “And when somebody who hasn’t done a drat thing in this business jeopardizes the first million dollar house that this company has ever drawn off of my back and goes on national television and does that, it’s a disgrace to this industry, it’s a disgrace to this company”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBAvjOYD6hs

Needless to say this didn't go over well with the boys in the back, and apparently Kenny Omega and the Bucks got in Punk's face in the locker room after, and it turned into a brawl that ended in several other wrestlers getting involved, and everyone getting suspended. Both sides claim the other started it, of course, but it led to Omega and the Bucks being stripped of the trios titles, and Punk losing the belt. Punk's out pending possible legal action, and nobody on the inside is talking.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

roomtone posted:

i doubt they did 'nothing wrong' but it's just so funny that they basically built the place with tony and things were fine, cody issues aside

then punk comes in and it's utter drama from hell

sure, I'm just saying, if it's true that the Elite were prepared to talk like rational human beings, and Punk and Ace just started punching and biting as soon as they opened the door, then I do not think Kenny and the Bucks were in the wrong for defending themselves, at all

idgaf, I just really do not want The Elite being punished for CM Punk's self-immolation. gently caress it, Kenny should beat MJF for the belt in six months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

Liquid Communism posted:

and when a reporter started ragging on some stuff about Colt Cabana having recently been picked up by AEW for the RoH roster he went off and put it on the Bucks as EVPs spreading bullshit about him having a grudge, then turned to bitching out Hangman very publicly for challenging him to a match right after he got back from injury that wasn't booked.

Punk actually brought up Colt by asking a reporter if he was still friends with Colt. The reporter said no put Punk wanted to air his grievances so he just pushed through and went on his dumb rant anyways lol