Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Hope y'all like Isekais

i joke to hide the pain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

Hope y'all like Isekais

i joke to hide the pain

Where you see isekai, I see Botan saying the kid was gonna live anyway

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

MorningMoon posted:

Hope y'all like Isekais

i joke to hide the pain

S-shut up, truck-kun! It's not like I like you or anything.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Forgall posted:

It's just really weird he decided to rush in there himself when there was no need. He even just used his powers to save a cat from being run over. It's so conspicuous.

It's not about the powers, it's about doing the right thing

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Seeing that this is anime, I could totally see this having the sad ending.

That was ep 9...so there are only a couple eps left. I think that is more sad.

:smith:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Waltzing Along posted:

Seeing that this is anime, I could totally see this having the sad ending.

That was ep 9...so there are only a couple eps left. I think that is more sad.

:smith:

It's possible but I sort of doubt it. The fact that the show didn't actually kill off his family, or even one person in his family, makes me think that this isn't that kind of show.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I was expecting the ufo contact to get in touch with dimple in orbit

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Fortnite Chapter 4 be like

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm glad mob is getting to go on a nice walk before meeting tsubomi chan :)

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Okay, but on the bright side, we should get Dimple back if this really is a reverse boss rush.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
This Mob kid is like some kind of psycho with the power of 100 men

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Based Teru

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Watching the anime and am near the end of season 2. Really love this when it’s slice of life and monster of the week formula, the characters are awesome and so is the writing. But man this repeated Claw poo poo and kidnapping plots bore me to tears. It does nothing original at all with the attempts at serious tension action scenes. Mob vs Teru was neat because Mob wasn’t fighting back and had his inner conflict, S1 claw poo poo at least had a superb finish once Reigen appeared, etc, basically whenever the show focuses on just characters and comedy its fantastic. But S2 claw poo poo is just generic shounen poo poo so far. Is it just me?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm not as harsh, but I do agree that s2 Claw stuff is the weakest part of the series.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

I mean the shounen poo poo is real good tho when it turns the gently caress up like this. The claw guys are whatever as characters but it was welcome seein em turn up again for good, i love those moments. It's a nice reflection of Mob Psycho's spirit.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
The S2 Claw stuff is worth it for the Shimazaki fights alone.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I like seeing the claw guys doing normal life stuff.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Hmm I think one of the things that really bothered me with S2 claw stuff is it just suddenly happens with no buildup. People are going about their (much more interesting) normal lives, and one day knock knock its evil organization time.

The Dimple-bodybuilder fusion fight was cool at least!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I am upset.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I like the more shonen parts because they're still about the world reacting to Shigeo and Shigeo reacting to the world

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Yeah the claw stuff in s2 was fantastic, not sure why people weren't interested in it.

I will say though, while this season has been good, it hasn't really blown Mr away like season's 1 and 2 did. I'm hoping that the ending makes up for it, but even if it doesn't, it'll have been a solid ride throughout.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

the claw is when ONE decides to turn his TED talk about self-actualization in shonen into a full-on thesis about the subject and it would not work remotely as well if it didn't piggyback off a typical shonen action structure, for the same reason that mob joining the body improvement club would not be as effective as it is if the arc wasn't structured to make you think he's going to join the telepathy club instead

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah the Claw stuff was great because they're all-in on being shounen villains and there's Reigen and Mob going "but why tho?"

The fantastic fight choreography and animation was important too, of course.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

The S2 Claw stuff at least gives us Mob's excellent "BODY IMPROVEMENT: FIGHT ON!" battle cry, so I forgive the rest of it for that alone.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
yeah plus it has the absolute funniest moment in the series, Reigen's Self Defense Punch

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

mutantIke posted:

yeah plus it has the absolute funniest moment in the series, Reigen's Self Defense Punch

That's high on my favorite moments of anything ever.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
S2 Claw has the whole cast admit Reigan is cool and strong and they should learn from him.

It's also got cool tag battles, something the shonen/battle anime medium needs to get more into instead of just ignoring characters for long periods of time.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
The S2 Claw arc was even heavily cut down compared to the manga version too.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Julias posted:

I will say though, while this season has been good, it hasn't really blown Mr away like season's 1 and 2 did. I'm hoping that the ending makes up for it, but even if it doesn't, it'll have been a solid ride throughout.

I dunno man the dimple fight was real good and that alien epilogue may as well be a Space Dandy short.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think this season has been good. It's not over yet so we can't really judge anything.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
To be honest, I'm finding it a bit hard to empathize with the feelings of disappointment I'm seeing about this season. Maybe I'm a bit biased because I read the manga and I've been waiting to see these arcs animated for over half a decade, but I've been having a great time with season 3. My only issues so far are that the first couple of episodes weren't all that notable by series standards, and some moments I like didn't get animated with as much love as I had hoped.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Dimple's arc and Alien arc were both great to me so this season has just been great. The only problem so far has been not enough Reigen.
There is never enough Reigen.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Keep forgetting how crazy good this arc is.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

mob ftw

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Mob, mob, mob

What do you want

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Just posting to say that one Ritsu POV shot was really fantastic

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

everyone is so mean 2 me

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Can't wait to see what Mob's Persona looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I knew that it would come down to Reigen.

Also, lol at them flowers surviving massive explosions.