Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much longer is Twitter going to last?
A few weeks
A few months
A few years
About as long as the rest of humanity
View Results

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/headfallsoff/status/1593483397283729408?s=46&t=nCF0kiOGmvoyGeAOahpMxA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I really hope no one can revert it back and we're just stuck with it

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Well this loving sucks :smith:

After the great nsfw purge on Tumblr a lot of artists I followed there went to Twitter, and so I started using Twitter as a makeshift fanart site

Where the gently caress am I supposed to go now? Instagram???

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jul 1, 2023

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

There's still some difficulties like artists who refuse to abandon ship or they're from another country

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I’ve started using Threads and from the perspective of someone who used Twitter as a Fandom space to follow fan-artists, memes, and the occasional discussion about games or anime I like it’s doing alright as an alternative to twitter.

There’s some key stuff missing, like not having a “following only” timeline, no media tab to see art people have posted, or the ability to search keywords or tags, but if they can get those features in I would seriously jump from Twitter

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/dexerto/status/1692564300865450020?s=46

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

So I finally got an invite code to BlueSky and, as I feared, the exclusivity of the platform means I don’t find much fanart, which is the number one reason I’m on social media 😔

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/culturecrave/status/1703839660798292127?s=46

Oh, this for sure is going to kill Twitter if it ends up happening

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Blue Sky is doing away with invite codes to sign up

https://bsky.app/profile/bsky.app/post/3kkqwku6ia32i

To me it’s still up in the air if I’ll fully switch over. The loss of DMs, no video uploads or gifs is a negative, and in recent months I made mutual friends over in Twitter and it would suck to leave them behind. But if anyone can join Bluesky I could convince them to come over without raffling invite codes

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

LifeLynx posted:

BlueSky is what Twitter used to be for me.

Artists sharing their work.

Nihilistic posts and memes.

Weird Twitter BlueSky.

Doomposting.

Leftists ignorantly sharing the buffoonery of right-wing fascists as if it wasn't their entire goal to spread their message.

Cute heartwarming comics.

Weird, that’s been my Twitter experience so far, maybe with the occasional blue check mark account called “Out of Context Dogs,” or “Nature is Amazing”

Blue Sky empty by comparison; most of the artists who jumped from Twitter occasionally post there but went back to Twitter because of the invite gate and the general difficulties of starting a SM account from scratch

Edit: Japanese/Korean/foreign art accounts are also sorely missed.

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Feb 6, 2024

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

So for a few weeks now my YouTube history page has been filling up with random music videos and other videos I’ve never watched. Does anyone else have this problem?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

big cummers ONLY posted:

Do you have premium? Someone could've gotten access and is using it/sold it to someone

I used a free Premium trial earlier this month :/

Do I need to shut this one down and make a new account?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

So I changed my google password, since it's connected to my youtube account, but the random music videos are still appearing.

When I checked the details, it says that it was played through TV