Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
pysker actually requires you to play the game like VT2, and use your block bottom and dodge well. So any psyker you run into who can do the heroic intervention and save the team is a grade A certified badass. Ironically, despite people not liking BB this is one situation its very useful, since you can engage at infinite range with no restriction on enemy type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
If you're constantly getting beaten up as a Pskyer, I'm guessing you're not using Smite. With proper peril management you can keep an entire room stunlocked indefinitely. Not to mention it instantly stops dogs in their tracks, stumbles pox bursters, and makes bombers drop their grenades. gently caress those green guys though.

IMO Psyker's only glaring weakness in combat is its slow movement speed. Playing Zealot and then swapping to Psyker is torture. I guess there's that upgrade to Scrier's Gaze that you could get, but then you'd have to run Scrier's Gaze.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Uh so in the Archivum Sycorax mission where you are going thru the ventilation corridors, turns out you can Ogryn bullcharge fast enough to get trapped in a room with all the doors closed. Had to leave the mission because the team couldn't proceed with me stuck there and well I wasn't gonna die and mess with my work on 5 no deaths in a row!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I almost exclusively ran smite/dome/warp charges on my psyker for maelstroms, maybe brainburst for some staves.

How is gaze and destiny since the patch buffs?

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I did some Destiny runs the other day. It's definitely playable now - if you take the node that raises the duration to 10s you can easily keep it at or near the cap all mission long. It still suffers from the fundamental problems that 1) precision damage is kind of crap, and 2) it encourages you to kill random nerds instead of important targets, but ~15% damage all mission long is nothing to sneeze at. All you really have to do is headshot a shooter every 30s, if you think about it.

e: Somebody with actual aiming skills could probably take the 25 stacks version, but 4s per stack is too quick for me.

megane fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Apr 22, 2024

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
tried out the sister of thorn style shield wall is actually pretty alright. its the one time you can effectively use kinetic resonance to machinegun brainburst lol

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

tangy yet delightful posted:

Uh so in the Archivum Sycorax mission where you are going thru the ventilation corridors, turns out you can Ogryn bullcharge fast enough to get trapped in a room with all the doors closed. Had to leave the mission because the team couldn't proceed with me stuck there and well I wasn't gonna die and mess with my work on 5 no deaths in a row!

You can alt-f4 so you're replaced with a bot, then when you restart, you'll be given the option to reconnect, and you'll replace the bot that has since teleported to freedom.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Cretin90 posted:

Raking fire? Ghost? What perks - crit chance and flak?

I'm honestly not sure what to take for second blessing. Play with it and decide for yourself.

Crit chance is good, but you don't need extra flak damage, it already destroys flak enemies. Imo maniac or unarmored, especially since that fat tox bomber gently caress is also unarmored and has more health than scab bomber.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
You can also just run fast enough with a zealot to get caught in the doors. Close out and come back

Otto Octopus
Aug 12, 2009

Disrupt destiny did seemed bugged for me yesterday, not sure if anyone else noticed. I was watching for the buff on my list of buffs. Some missions the buff was appearing on the buff list as intended. But then other times I wouldn’t get the 10 second cooldown even though I had the talent. One time, after I died and got revived, it just failed to proc completely. Unless it was proccing and just didn’t appear in the buff list.

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
Discord pretty active? I generally solo queue but as I approach my "10 consecutive aurics with no death" challenge (Im at 7 or 8) I'd like to rely less on pubbies and more on competent teammates. I had a match last night where I had 14 revives/rescues because no matter how bad your teammates are, your odds of survival are still better with them alive.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Cretin90 posted:

Discord pretty active? I generally solo queue but as I approach my "10 consecutive aurics with no death" challenge (Im at 7 or 8) I'd like to rely less on pubbies and more on competent teammates. I had a match last night where I had 14 revives/rescues because no matter how bad your teammates are, your odds of survival are still better with them alive.

Yeah you can sometimes find a group, a bit tougher for eurotrash like me but I think there pretty often American games

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Nehru the Damaja posted:

You can alt-f4 so you're replaced with a bot, then when you restart, you'll be given the option to reconnect, and you'll replace the bot that has since teleported to freedom.

Good to know for the future, thanks.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
thanks for all of the psyker advice.

I was playing this build, but with a dueling sword and one wound and one +3 stam curio https://darktide.gameslantern.com/builds/9a6454b8-4180-4dc7-93ee-e817b21f25cc/auric-maelstrom-bubble-smite-support

The extra stam was for saving my dodges for things that can't be blocking like mutants and snipers. I'd use the ranged block on the force sword if THE GAME EVERY DECIDED TO GIVE ME ONE. 60K+ melk bucks and I still can't get poo poo.

A large issue I've been having withs mite builds is just the inability to kill stuff, especially weakened monstrosities and crusher hordes in auric maelstrum. I can do decent damage to them, and knock them on their rear end, but I don't have any 3-8 second kill options that I have one the other classes. I'll try getting my meat hooks on the block blessing, and using the block to peril conversion talent. I also have some pretty good trauma staves that I've shelved. Maybe time to break those out and give those a try.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
My major gripe about the penances is that it shows how dumb some of them are. I'm bottle necked on ogryn because I need to run over 60 people with a bull rush, and charge like a super long distance within 20 seconds which I'm not sure how I'm going to pull off.

Before i was blocked because I didn't destroy a corruptor's eye with a grenade box. Like, why would I waste my grenade on that?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

thanks for all of the psyker advice.

I was playing this build, but with a dueling sword and one wound and one +3 stam curio https://darktide.gameslantern.com/builds/9a6454b8-4180-4dc7-93ee-e817b21f25cc/auric-maelstrom-bubble-smite-support

The extra stam was for saving my dodges for things that can't be blocking like mutants and snipers. I'd use the ranged block on the force sword if THE GAME EVERY DECIDED TO GIVE ME ONE. 60K+ melk bucks and I still can't get poo poo.

A large issue I've been having withs mite builds is just the inability to kill stuff, especially weakened monstrosities and crusher hordes in auric maelstrum. I can do decent damage to them, and knock them on their rear end, but I don't have any 3-8 second kill options that I have one the other classes. I'll try getting my meat hooks on the block blessing, and using the block to peril conversion talent. I also have some pretty good trauma staves that I've shelved. Maybe time to break those out and give those a try.
Your Voidstrike is fine for Crusher hordes IMO - I don't think you have to be killing them much faster, I almost exclusively run Voidstrike with Venting Shriek and True Aim for the 5 weakspot hits proccing Surge. I also sub out Warp Nexus on the staff with the peril reduction on weak spot hits.

I don't typically top damage to bosses that's true but on the auric board if you are fighting a boss there's enough other mobs/specials that need clearing I focus on that and boss damage when able to, seems to work alright.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

My major gripe about the penances is that it shows how dumb some of them are. I'm bottle necked on ogryn because I need to run over 60 people with a bull rush, and charge like a super long distance within 20 seconds which I'm not sure how I'm going to pull off.

Before i was blocked because I didn't destroy a corruptor's eye with a grenade box. Like, why would I waste my grenade on that?
Take Indomitable of course for the charge and then take Bruiser for the cooldown reduction on elite kill (or these days simply get a concentration stim and use it), that'll get you the charge distance one. For knocking over 60 people I think I actually got it and posted ITT about charging into a mob spawn door to tag the required number, but otherwise just look for thick hordes that aren't already being thinned out by your other party members and go bowling, you'll get it eventually.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Which blessings does a Kantrael shotgun like? I am coming back into Darktide and tried the shotgun on my zealot bolter build and it feels like it works really well just at a baseline level, but I'm not familiar with its pool of blessings.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Reiley posted:

Which blessings does a Kantrael shotgun like? I am coming back into Darktide and tried the shotgun on my zealot bolter build and it feels like it works really well just at a baseline level, but I'm not familiar with its pool of blessings.

It has a few builds, but imo the most effective and unique is the Scattershot/Flechette build. The only reason I can't just recommend it right off is it's gonna require you fishing for a tier 2 only blessing which means keeping a hawk eye on the armory or leveling a new zealot/vet and buying a bunch of shotguns to upgrade for a chance at it.

You cannot get a t2 blessing at level 30 on a weapon, trust me I've tried.

It's very good though, with the Infested damage talent Zealot can one shot hordes with a single flame shot if you crit thanks to the bleed+burn. Softens up mixed hordes p decently too.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Evil Kit posted:

It has a few builds, but imo the most effective and unique is the Scattershot/Flechette build. The only reason I can't just recommend it right off is it's gonna require you fishing for a tier 2 only blessing which means keeping a hawk eye on the armory or leveling a new zealot/vet and buying a bunch of shotguns to upgrade for a chance at it.

You cannot get a t2 blessing at level 30 on a weapon, trust me I've tried.

It's very good though, with the Infested damage talent Zealot can one shot hordes with a single flame shot if you crit thanks to the bleed+burn. Softens up mixed hordes p decently too.

I'm running it on a crit fury build so I'm already leaning towards crits, and the fire shot penetrating hordes has been a big appeal. I've liked keeping a red hot pepper in the pipe so if I need to shoot a special the first one applies the DoT and I really liked how it handled everything I needed a gun to handle as I ran a few missions to switch out of Helldiver brain. Finding a Flechette is gonna be a challenge. Thanks for the heads up!

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Reiley posted:

I'm running it on a crit fury build so I'm already leaning towards crits, and the fire shot penetrating hordes has been a big appeal. I've liked keeping a red hot pepper in the pipe so if I need to shoot a special the first one applies the DoT and I really liked how it handled everything I needed a gun to handle as I ran a few missions to switch out of Helldiver brain. Finding a Flechette is gonna be a challenge. Thanks for the heads up!

Yeah I assumed you were using Blazing Piety. Basically with that and Scattershot you hit 95% crit chance which is kinda nuts. You also need to add on a 25% Infested damage perk for the true one shot but honestly even just mostly killing an entire horde when it lines up is p drat good.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

started playing again with the new update. pretty insignificant changes but enough for me. the new level effect gas is really stupid though. played the map with the shanty town and it very frequently gassed up in areas that were mandatory to go through, like at the elevator where you place the servo skull and have to scan things and on a bridge with no other path to the other side.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Auric right now is a goddamn clownshow of like 30+5s with bad gear who stay dead half the map or don't understand that you have to keep forward progress and think the rest of us can carry them.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Auric right now is a goddamn clownshow of like 30+5s with bad gear who stay dead half the map or don't understand that you have to keep forward progress and think the rest of us can carry them.

Today on aurics I had a psyker with 4 wounds getting downed every few minutes who absolutely refused to use med stations... I would drop the eye and location emotes next to it and type in chat for them to use the med station but off they'd go on 1 wound remaining (but not for long haha)

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Yea I’m trying my balls off. Everytime I see a 30+200 I’m like thank gently caress someone I don’t need to babysit. Mind you I’m not very good I just have an Evil Kit style revive spec and a mostly functioning brain.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Yeah I don't think I'm the best of the best or anything. But I think four of me has a solid chance to get Auric Storm Survivor, and one of me with 3 people in Malice frames is doomed.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Kind of a weird build in my opinion - they're taking crit talents with a Surge staff, but not taking the crit aura for some reason. Deflector sword, but no stamina curio or Kinetic Deflection. I personally also much prefer the reduced peril node over the toughness regen node in the Warp Charges tree for staff builds but it's functional enough to clear missions at the end of the day I suppose.

I would offer to try and improve the build for you but Surge builds aren't my forte and it sounds like you might be switching up your staff anyways. With the new penances it's a good time to experiment with different talents regardless.

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006

isndl posted:

Kind of a weird build in my opinion - they're taking crit talents with a Surge staff, but not taking the crit aura for some reason. Deflector sword, but no stamina curio or Kinetic Deflection. I personally also much prefer the reduced peril node over the toughness regen node in the Warp Charges tree for staff builds but it's functional enough to clear missions at the end of the day I suppose.

I would offer to try and improve the build for you but Surge builds aren't my forte and it sounds like you might be switching up your staff anyways. With the new penances it's a good time to experiment with different talents regardless.

Really wish the crit aura didn’t lock you out of the single biggest TDR node in the entire psyker tree.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Cretin90 posted:

Really wish the crit aura didn’t lock you out of the single biggest TDR node in the entire psyker tree.

It's a big juicy number, but in my experience you're better off not getting hit in the first place. Block and dodge melee, bubble and hard cover ranged. :shrug:

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
Well fellas I finally got Rampage IV after probably 12 chainswords and the big boy is complete. In an ideal world I would swap finesse and mobility (I love swinging the chainsword in particular quickly) but I think every single modifier is extremely useful on the 1h chainswords. Im sure +2 stamina is also a technically suboptimal perk but I'm happy as it lets me run 3x toughness curios guilt-free.

Cretin90 fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 22, 2024

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Cretin90 posted:

Well fellas I finally got Rampage IV after probably 12 chainswords and the big boy is complete. In an ideal world I would swap finesse and mobility (I love swinging the chainsword in particular quickly) but I think every single modifier is extremely useful on the 1h chainswords. Im sure +2 stamina is also a technically suboptimal perk but I'm happy as it lets me run 3x toughness curios guilt-free.

Very nice, is the +maniacs for going toe to toe with ragers? I personally prefer to shoot them lol

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
Yep, I find myself in close quarters with them a lot and like to be able to special + quick heavy swing and apply enough bleed stacks for them to die naturally from the bleed stacks.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Cretin90 posted:

Nice. I'm feeling pretty jazzed myself since I finally (finally) scored a sword with PCIV from Melk the other day.

Devils Affricate fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Apr 23, 2024

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

If only it had Rev It Up...

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
I did it... with pubbies... :')

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Cretin90 posted:

I did it... with pubbies... :')

Nice I got my 5, then did another for 6...can this crazy idiot do 4 more maelstroms for the 10 cheevo? Tune in next episode to find out.

In other news I found out that there's martyr skulls to find on some (all?) of the maps, so might have to look up some guides for that.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I'm bad, or my items are bad, or my builds are bad because I can't do Aurics reliably (it's me, I'm bad). So I'm trying to get some endgame weapons finished on my psyker and the loot roulette is such a loving chore.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Hell yea big man

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
Anyone else love when their team is spamming “For Atoma” and “For the Lex Atoma” (stfu about the Lex Atoma) and poo poo and your psyker yells in his harsh rear end voice “For the ‘Emperor,’ I’m sure”?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I've been rebinding keys since coming back to this and I wanted to share a little innovation I've cooked up. So I used to have dodge on space and crouch on ctrl, and I always had a bit of a hard time hitting dodgeslide consistently, it often felt like I just wouldn't go anywhere, which you don't want out of you evasive actions, you know? So since I'm reacclimating fresh I figure, now's the time to solve this.

So what I did was, I looked at where my thumb naturally rested on the spacebar, which is just under the B key, and I put crouch on B. This way when I want a big dodgeslide I overpress space a little bit, I press space to dodge and then B basically the same time and I get the timing really consistent. Jump is on ctrl for easy mantling. W+Space is nothing so tap shift to run and use the same input across space and B for forward slides. It's really opened the movement up for me. Just thought you'd like to hear about this little innovation.