Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
I'm convinced after the jobs number this week the Fed is going to be hawkish on the 14th in their wording. Even if they only raise 50 points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
China is easing their COVID policies at the moment and there has been some time for supply chains to disentangle from Russia too.

The Fed is almost certainly going to do 25 bps raise and then the most likely thing imo is they hold rates steady until the summer at least.

The energy market seems decently stable and that helps a lot.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
I think Petrobras declared that dividend based off of previous production. But also said it would be drastically cut in the future as the company tries to undergo a transformation to more renewables.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Just don't sell at a loss over the next few weeks if anything goes wrong. It'll more than likely return to it's correct level eventually.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

Tyro posted:

Due to this stupid AI pop, I sold some calls on the PLTR I've been bag holding, hopefully they get called away

Palantir is the one that annoys me. When all this ai hype was getting started I wondered if they'd get a jump. I figured nahh they're still kind of a crummy company and didn't investigate at all. Could have had a nice easy win over a couple months.

Draftkings is another one that's in that bucket. I didn't think they'd tighten the belt to try and get more profitable for another year or so. Cathy is selling out of dkng to buy coin in that screenshot it looks like. So who knows.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Powell was talking this morning, that'll always get the market to whip around a bit.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Calls you need the stock or margin. Puts you need to have the cash or margin.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
If you sell the put then it's unlimited because the stock price could go to infinity hypothetically and you'd have to sell shares to someone at the strike price you sold at.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
CCJ is one of the biggest players. Kazataprom is the largest uranium producer in the world. I don't remember their over the counter ticker off the top of my head.

A lot of nuclear stocks have already come up quite a bit this summer. If you're just looking for a quick trade I'm not sure they will pop much more short term.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

TreeOcto posted:

If you had an extremely strong suspicion that nuclear stocks were going to pop in a short window where would you put your chips

Congrats if you invested in any uranium stocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

gay picnic defence posted:

It might have been CCJ lowering their production forecasts and traders are now pricing in higher prices on the back of the reduced supply.

It was this. They lowered their production forecast. But they've already sold a bunch of the production so they're going to be (bigger) buyers on the open market to fulfill contracts they've already signed.

Over labor day it was looking like it was going to have a bigger effect based on the Australian miners moving up. When Canada/USA markets opened Tuesday some of the jump kind of faded. I don't know if it was profit taking or people thinking it wasn't as big of a deal as Australian markets thought at first. Either way uranium prices have been steadily climbing and aren't likely to stop until more mining supply comes online.