Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

Are there likely to be any QBs taken in the top 5 this year?

There are a bunch of QB needy teams and everyone passed on QBs last year so yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

There will always be teams who will talk themselves into taking a QB.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Question 1: Will Anthony Richardson QB be available at Detroits second first round pick?

Question 2: What position does Philly target with their second first round pick?

Question 3: Does KC draft a new LT?

1) Yes, but he's not that good

2) I want the Eagles to pick Jahmyr Gibbs, but I'll be stunned if the Eagles pick a 1st round RB

3) :iiam:

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

I don't think so. There's a lot of buzz that the NFL is going to be going hard on safeties and fullbacks in the early picks.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

There will always be teams who will talk themselves into taking a QB.

Agree with this sentiment but to be a pedant, it doesn't seem to happen in horrendous QB years. No one reach for Malik Willis like I thought they would; 2013 was similar.

But it doesn't sound like it's one of those drafts.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Will Levis will get some GM fired

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The rough consensus is that currently there are 4 qbs worth gambling a first on. There is some variance in where draft ins are valuing the bottom
2 of those 4; Levis and Richardson.

Then there’s a second tier some discussion of the qb prospects from Tennessee and Stanford.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bumhead posted:

And what if “the guy” isn’t here?

Young is going to the Texans at 1. After that, eh. Must stress I’m not a college guy or draft head but nobody seems to be falling over themselves for the rest of this QB class.

I suppose you can go around in circles like this and end up never getting your guy. Ultimately I trust this front office and that Rams pick is looking valuable. If they like a QB enough to use it to go get him, then I’m on board with it. I just also see the value in having 4 picks across the first 2 rounds for a roster that still has holes in it across the board.

That part is a lot harder to answer.

But I guess think about the Chargers not passing on a QB after "the guy" was drafted by Cinci and "the other guy" was drafted by Miami.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Just to remind we know nothing about how these QBs will test or how high they’ll go. There were “insiders” of note claiming Willis and Pickett were going top 10 last year.

In April.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1511140571867406348?s=20&t=96B_-3mevxrct3wP_ICHPQ

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Question 3: Does KC draft a new LT?

I missed this, but let me answer your question with two videos. Pay attention to Orlando "Cam Erving" Brown, Jr.

https://twitter.com/Jacobs71/status/1600231265336053760

https://twitter.com/YaBoiKeas/status/1599844908051075072

So they loving better. Our right tackle is almost as lovely too. They're going to get Mahomes killed one day.

On that subject, Mahomes DID get injured on this second one AND it cost them the game against the Bengals. That was the biggest moment of the game and he loving blew it.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Diva Cupcake posted:

Just to remind we know nothing about how these QBs will test or how high they’ll go. There were “insiders” of note claiming Willis and Pickett were going top 10 last year.

In April.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1511140571867406348?s=20&t=96B_-3mevxrct3wP_ICHPQ

The overwhelming consensus last year was that the QBs were bad.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

The rough consensus is that currently there are 4 qbs worth gambling a first on. There is some variance in where draft ins are valuing the bottom
2 of those 4; Levis and Richardson.

Then there’s a second tier some discussion of the qb prospects from Tennessee and Stanford.

To be clear, the only 1 of the 4 where I question if they would’ve been QB1 last year is Richardson. And that’s something I can be talked into pretty easily.

On early read, this class looks a lot like 2018 to me. There’s a depth of like 4 dudes that meet what I would call the minimum standard. None of them are an obvious 1 in quite the way 2021 was. None of them inspire me to think there are absolutely more the 3-4 who can be franchise guys. In many ways, this is just a better version of last years class where the fits are probably going to doom 2-3 of these guys and lock in 1 as a franchise guy because of how weird they are. Some early teasers:

- Bryce Young would probably be the clear QB1 if he was 3 inches taller and more comfortable ripping his vertical balls. This is probably a matter of having Jamo/Metchie for a year and then having to adjust his game to not having that.

- CJ Stroud would probably be a clear QB1 if he ever looked comfortable making pre-snap reads in short field situations or feeling easy yards with his feet/non sideline check downs. You should not be able to fool a 2 year starter with cover 2 invert or bringing the house when he frequently gets a chance to cheat his reads with all the jet and orbit motion that offense allows.

- Will Levis would be a clear QB1 if he ever showed he could read consistently post-snap or feel pressure. He’s mechanically amazing when healthy and unpressured, but he has no feel for his edges and loses receivers in space when they go over the middle which shows a lack of recognition or trust in timing route.

- Anthony Richardson could be a clear QB1 if he ever showed any semblance of touch or technique downfield or any consistent ability to read when a coverage shell rotates/spins/inverts/disguises. The most easily fooled guy post snap because he couldn’t execute Mullen’s reduced professions or Napiers PA checks without just giving up and calling his own number.

All wildly different dudes with varying strengths, but you will get a real Rorschach test of everyone’s coaching staff as to what type of project they swing on and what they want to do.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I thought it was basically common knowledge that this year's QB class was going to be significantly better than last year

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

kiimo posted:

I thought it was basically common knowledge that this year's QB class was going to be significantly better than last year

We’re in the yearly phase of people going “THeSE gUYs SuCk!!!1” because no one is Andrew Luck or Trevor Lawrence, which some people are taking to mean that it’s just as bad. But yeah, if you’ve been paying attention, last year’s was like a rare kind of bad and even an average class would’ve been miles ahead.

Also a great draft if you believe you can spend a 4th rounder on a 26 year old and finally develop that missing part of his game! (Ignoring all the other missing parts)

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Is Bryce Young’s lack of bulk likely to reduce the chance he hits his ceiling? Kid can make all the throws, but he’s literally a string bean. Kyler and Russ are similar heights but they’re much bulkier so I worry that he’s going to be murdered by a free rusher

Giants aren’t in play for a top QB in this class but it also seems like there’s no big receiver prospects like the last three years either. I’d like for them to keep piling on the edge or DL or LB

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

TheGreyGhost posted:

Also a great draft if you believe you can spend a 4th rounder on a 26 year old and finally develop that missing part of his game! (Ignoring all the other missing parts)

lol, are any of these guys are going to get drafted besides Hooker

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Carlosologist posted:

Is Bryce Young’s lack of bulk likely to reduce the chance he hits his ceiling? Kid can make all the throws, but he’s literally a string bean. Kyler and Russ are similar heights but they’re much bulkier so I worry that he’s going to be murdered by a free rusher

Giants aren’t in play for a top QB in this class but it also seems like there’s no big receiver prospects like the last three years either. I’d like for them to keep piling on the edge or DL or LB

Addison, Hyatt, Tillman and Smith-Njigba all seem legit for this years receiver crop. It's not a bad one. Not obscene like last years but still good.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Added a grey ghost section to the OP.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Ironic Twist posted:

lol, are any of these guys are going to get drafted besides Hooker

Yeah they’re just maybe not going in the first round.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Yeah they’re just maybe not going in the first round.

Hooker probably isn’t either, tbh

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Ironic Twist posted:

Hooker probably isn’t either, tbh

Someone could fall in love with him but I agree that he probably should not and won’t

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The overwhelming consensus last year was that the QBs were bad.

And yet there were still a bunch of mocks with multiple QBs going in the first, even close to the draft. That’s his point, everything right now is just smoke, you can’t take any of it seriously. These guys are going to rise and fall continually as pro days, senior bowls, the combine, and good old fashioned leaks happen.

I’d be surprised if at least 3 guys don’t go in the first but there’s no way I’d be willing to bet on which order.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i want some GM to fall deeply in love with Holton Ahlers or some other guy on zero radars

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i decided my same joke that you said is also your guy that you said too. same exact post. i edited the slightly different one to say i'll post the same post instead. everyone smile again but at me. thanks

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Dec 8, 2022

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Be honest is it mushrooms or acid or

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
bengals football

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Here's Kiper's new big board.

Mel Kiper posted:

1. Jalen Carter, DT, Georgia
HT: 6-3 | WT: 310 | Previously: 2

That's right -- a new No. 1 prospect. Carter has been fantastic since he returned in late October from missing two games because of a knee issue. He has three sacks in his past five games, including this show of force in the SEC title game against LSU. Georgia had five defenders picked in Round 1 last April, and Carter arguably was more disruptive than all of them in 2021. He's explosive at the snap and finishes well around the ball, even though he didn't put up huge numbers (8.5 tackles for loss). He has a big frame and can play as a 3-technique tackle. He can dominate from the interior.

2. Will Anderson Jr., DE, Alabama
HT: 6-4 | WT: 243 | Previously: 1

Anderson's sack numbers are down (10) from his historic 2021 season (17.5), but he ranks third in the country with 21.5 tackles for loss after being No. 1 (34.5) last season. He has a stunning 124 pressures over the past two seasons, which is 49 more than the second-best defender (San Jose State's Viliami Fehoko). He is a dominant and complete edge rusher who might have been the No. 1 overall pick last April if he had been eligible for the draft. Anderson doesn't take plays off, is versatile and plays the run well. He's explosive off the line of scrimmage. Nick Saban & Co. use him as a stand-up outside linebacker, as a down defensive end and even at tackle, where he can blow up guards and centers at the snap.

3. Will Levis, QB, Kentucky
HT: 6-3 | WT: 232 | Previously: 4

Levis' stats aren't going to blow you away, but he doesn't have a great supporting cast of playmakers around him. He has 19 touchdown passes and 10 interceptions this season, and his 60.3 QBR ranks 61st in the country. But when I went through all his starts at Kentucky earlier this year, I was really impressed with his game. Levis has a rocket launcher for an arm and makes some "wow" throws. That has gotten the Penn State transfer into trouble at times, but it's clear watching him that he believes he can fit the ball into any window. My comparison is Matthew Stafford.

Levis plays in a pro-style offense at Kentucky, and he's not going to need much time to adjust to the NFL. He can maneuver the pocket and throw on the run. Many of his turnovers came when he tried to use his arm to force throws, and he's going to be punished for mistakes at the next level. Levis is the real deal, though, and there are lots of fans of him in the NFL.

4. Bryce Young, QB, Alabama
HT: 6-0 | WT: 194 | Previously: 5

The reigning Heisman Trophy winner has an incredibly quick release. He's accurate and is an anticipatory thrower who knows how to hit receivers where they need the ball to run after the catch. He doesn't make many mistakes. He's one of the best "processors" I've scouted over the past decade, meaning he goes through read progressions to find his target or knows exactly the right time to escape the pocket.

The knock on Young is size; he doesn't have a huge frame, which NFL scouts will likely play up as we get closer to the draft. I don't think he's quite 6-foot, and he's likely never going to be much more than 200 pounds. Still, his arm is more than good enough for him to be a great signal-caller at the next level. After a 47-touchdown, seven-interception season in 2021, Young has 27 touchdown passes and five picks this season, and his 83.7 QBR ranks eighth.

5. Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State
HT: 6-1 | WT: 200 | Previously: 16

Smith-Njigba had a lost season, finishing with just five catches because of a nagging hamstring injury. He announced earlier this week that he's entering the draft and will try to heal up before the combine in March. This injury shouldn't affect his play in 2023, and I still think he could be a star at the next level. This is the same wideout who led Ohio State in catches (95) and yards (1,606) last season, even on a team with two wide receivers drafted in Round 1 of the 2022 draft. He has stellar burst and explosiveness out of breaks. He's a hands catcher who can run the entire route tree, and he can make defenders miss after the catch. Most of Smith-Njigba's work came from the slot last season -- all but eight of his catches came while aligned there. He led the FBS in receiving yards per route run (4.0). There's a great chance he will remain the top receiver off the board in April.

6. Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern
HT: 6-4 | WT: 294 | Previously: 6

I feel good about making Skoronski my top-ranked tackle over Paris Johnson Jr. He is a technician who can bend. He shrugs off quick pass-rushers and can contain rushers who try to win with power. Skoronski started 33 games at left tackle for the Wildcats, and he keeps getting better. He allowed just nine pressures and one sack this season, even though his team has struggled. He could be Northwestern's second top-15 offensive tackle pick in three years (Rashawn Slater in 2021).

7. C.J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State
HT: 6-3 | WT: 215 | Previously: 3

Stroud has 81 touchdown passes and just 12 interceptions over the past two seasons and has led the Buckeyes to the College Football Playoff. This season, he ranks second in the country in yards per dropback (8.9) and third in QBR (87.7) and yards per attempt (9.4). He is quite simply a fantastic passer. He has smooth mechanics, good (not great) arm strength and can throw with touch to all levels of the field.

Stroud is coming off his worst game of the season, a two-interception performance in the loss to Michigan. I didn't drop him a few spots because of that game, but he did show a few things he needs to improve. He has to get better when he's off schedule and plays break down; I'd like to see him use his legs to scramble for first downs. He can be a little too rigid in the pocket. Still, I see Stroud as a rookie starter in the NFL.

8. Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas
HT: 6-0 | WT: 214 | Previously: 7

Robinson does everything for Texas. He runs inside and outside, catches passes and scores a lot of touchdowns. I'm a big fan. Robinson's 2021 season ended when he dislocated his left elbow, but he showed elite ability in those 10 games. He led the FBS in broken tackles forced per game (4.1) and averaged 112.7 rushing yards per game. He is a cut-and-go runner with outstanding vision and explosiveness. Another thing I like about Robinson's game: He catches passes with his hands, not his body. He has 60 catches in three seasons, averaging 13.4 yards per reception. I think NFL teams could use him even more in the passing game.

I don't love drafting running backs in Round 1, but Robinson deserves this ranking; I grade based on ability, not my first-round philosophy. He's going to go somewhere in the top 32 picks if he stays healthy.

9. Quentin Johnston, WR, TCU
HT: 6-4 | WT: 215 | Previously: 20

I thought Johnston was going to have a massive season, but then he had just 12 catches for 114 yards and no scores in his first four games. After that slow start, however, he has been stellar. He has 53 catches for 903 yards and five scores. He towers over defenders and runs through them -- he is tremendous after the catch. As I wrote in October, Johnston wins contested jump balls with ease and has a rare length and speed combination. He's going to be a handful for Michigan to cover in the College Football Playoff semifinals.

10. Myles Murphy, DE, Clemson
HT: 6-5 | WT: 275 | Previously: 11

Murphy has a quick burst out of his stance and can close quickly off the corner. He also plays the run well and is physical at the point of attack. He had 11 sacks in his first two seasons at Clemson and has 6.5 this season. He moves inside to tackle at times, so that versatility will help his stock for NFL teams. I wrote in September that I wanted to see his sack production rise before moving him up, and he has done that with four sacks in his past four games.

11. Tyree Wilson, DE, Texas Tech
HT: 6-6 | WT: 275 | Previously: 15

I wrote about Wilson in our draft notebook last month, and my guy Jordan Reid has been on him since he watched the 2021 tape. Wilson has been a consistent menace off the edge for the Red Raiders. He has seven sacks and 15 total tackles for loss, showing explosion at the snap as a pass-rusher and taking on blockers and holding his ground in the run game. For edge rushers, it's all about physical traits and tools, and the 6-foot-6 Wilson has everything teams want in that regard. He has a high ceiling.

12. Bryan Bresee, DT, Clemson
HT: 6-5 | WT: 300 | Previously: 12

Bresee, a five-star recruit in the Class of 2020, tore his left ACL in September 2021 and played in just four games, but I was impressed with his tape. He locates the ball well and explodes into the backfield at the snap to disrupt throwing lanes and find ball carriers. He's aggressive and hustles on every snap. He can be a major force inside at the next level. Bresee has 2.5 sacks this season.

13. Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame
HT: 6-4 | WT: 251 | Previously: 8

Mayer has 67 catches for 809 yards and nine touchdowns this season, the latter of which leads the country among tight ends. In three seasons at Notre Dame, he has 180 catches for 2,099 yards and 18 scores. NFL teams want tight ends who can stretch the deep middle of the field -- and block well enough to line up next to offensive tackles. That's Mayer, who can be a force in the red zone. Linebackers simply can't cover him (and safeties struggle with his size). He has a wide catch radius and could produce as a pass-catcher in the NFL. He's a complete player.

14. Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Ohio State
HT: 6-6 | WT: 315 | Previously: 9

After a season at guard, Johnson kicked outside to left tackle for the Buckeyes this season. He has impressed, allowing one sack and just six pressures as C.J. Stroud's protector. The former five-star prospect has a great chance to be the top tackle in this class. He moves his feet well in pass sets and in the run game, and he has the quickness to keep up with speedy edge rushers. Johnson has everything NFL teams look for in a Day 1 starter at left tackle.

15. Jordan Addison, WR, USC
HT: 6-0 | WT: 175 | Previously: 10

We discussed Addison earlier this season when he had seven catches for 172 yards and two scores. What stands out about him is his route-running ability. He just gets open, and he can do it in so many ways. He can make up ground with late bursts to track the ball. He explodes off the line of scrimmage. Addison had 100 catches for 1,592 yards and 17 touchdowns at Pitt last season. He struggled a little bit with an unspecified injury over the past two months, but he has 59 catches for 875 yards and eight scores this season. He was used out of the slot more at Pitt -- he had 76 catches and 14 touchdowns when lined up there in 2021 -- but could play anywhere at the next level.

16. Zay Flowers, WR, Boston College
HT: 5-10 | WT: 172 | Previously: NR

Flowers, who has 300 catches and 31 touchdowns in his college career, is one of my favorite prospects in this entire class. He's so elusive, so quick in and out of his breaks. He plays out of the slot or lined up outside. He can take a jet sweep to the house. He just gets open and makes plays. He forced 25 missed tackles this season, the third most in the country for wideouts. Flowers' size won't "wow" teams, but just put on the tape, and they'll see why I think he's a first-round talent.

17. Joey Porter Jr., CB, Penn State
HT: 6-2 | WT: 200 | Previously: 14

This cornerback class is going to be a tight race all the way until April's draft. I'm a fan of Porter, a lanky and physical defender who can reroute receivers with the best of them. He is aggressive, though he has just one career interception in 29 career starts. With all corners, the testing numbers at the combine will really matter, but I like what I see from Porter on tape. He had his hands full against Ohio State, but he impressed again.

18. Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon
HT: 6-2 | WT: 201 | Previously: NR

Gonzalez started 18 games at Colorado -- including six as a true freshman in 2020 -- before transferring to Oregon before the season. After an inconsistent game in the season-opening loss to Georgia, he has been a lockdown corner ever since. Gonzalez picked off four passes this season; he has the hands of a receiver. He has excellent length and the recovery speed to make up for mistakes in his technique. I wouldn't be surprised to see him rise even higher.

19. Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida
HT: 6-4 | WT: 232 | Previously: NR

Well, I wrote before the season that I was putting Richardson in my Big Board because of his potential. You can't coach his talent and physical ability, and NFL coaches will see the tools and try to develop him now that he has decided to enter the draft. He had an up-and-down season, throwing 17 touchdown passes and nine interceptions while running for nine scores. His 70.6 QBR ranked 35th in the country.

Richardson is still very raw -- his mechanics and footwork need a lot of work. He has accuracy issues on shorter throws that should be easier. And yet, the arm strength and the dual-threat ability are so intriguing that a team near the end of Round 1 absolutely could take him and let him develop. What I say about the draft is that we're trying to project who a prospect could be, not evaluate exactly what he is right now. Richardson hasn't come close to his ceiling. He's going to be a polarizing prospect for the next few months.

20. Brian Branch, DB, Alabama
HT: 6-0 | WT: 193 | Previously: NR

Safety, cornerback, whatever -- Branch can play wherever you put him on defense. I wrote about him last month, pointing out that versatility. He plays primarily in the slot for Alabama, and I think he is most likely to end up as a free safety in the NFL. He has 23 pass breakups over three seasons, including seven in 2022. He also has three career picks and is a good blitzer when asked to crash down. The versatility helps a lot here, and Branch should be an instant starter as a rookie.

21. Deonte Banks, CB, Maryland
HT: 6-2 | WT: 205 | Previously: NR

Banks has a great frame, and he's not afraid to get physical. He tackles in the run game and will stick to receivers like glue in coverage. After missing all but two games last season because of injury, he was fantastic for the Terps in 2022, breaking up eight passes with an interception. He also seemed to up his game in the biggest matchups on their schedule. Banks' tape is one of the most impressive I've seen in this class in terms of man coverage. Banks also has a lot of experience; he started eight games as a true freshman in 2019.

22. Andre Carter II, OLB, Army
HT: 6-7 | WT: 250 | Previously: 18

As I mentioned in my way-too-early rankings in May, Army hasn't had a first-round pick since 1946. It hasn't had a non-seventh-round pick since 1969. Carter is the real deal, though, a pass-rusher with incredible length who can play in any defensive scheme. He made big plays last season, with four forced fumbles and a pick. He impacts the game in a variety of ways, and I love his 2021 tape because he's so consistent on every snap. He had 15.5 sacks last season but has just three in 2022, as offensive coordinators have keyed on him.

23. Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia
HT: 6-4 | WT: 310 | Previously: NR

Jones is just a third-year sophomore, so he could still return to school in 2023. But what he has done as the Bulldogs' left tackle this season warrants first-round consideration. He's the total package, a mauler in the run game and an effortless blocker in the pass game. He has power and solid footwork and understands the game. I've been impressed. He hasn't allowed a single sack this season and has given up only five total pressures.

24. Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois
HT: 6-1 | WT: 180 | Previously: NR

Witherspoon allowed just 16 receptions on 54 targets as the primary defender this season, according to ESPN charting. He gave up just 3.3 yards per attempt and zero touchdowns while breaking up 14 passes and picking off three more. Impressed yet? He was extremely consistent all season. He doesn't get handsy with receivers, so his game will translate well to the NFL. He also will tackle when needed. I really want to see what Witherspoon runs in the 40-yard dash at the combine.

25. Kelee Ringo, CB, Georgia
HT: 6-2 | WT: 210 | Previously: NR

Ringo is another corner who hasn't allowed a touchdown against him this season, and he could get two more games to impress NFL scouts. He has great size and speed, though he's still raw with his technique. He has four interceptions the past two seasons, including the national-title-clinching pick-six against Alabama last January. Ringo should test extremely well at the combine.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Diva Cupcake posted:

3. Will Levis, QB, Kentucky
HT: 6-3 | WT: 232 | Previously: 4

My comparison is Matthew Stafford.

Welcome to the Detroit Lions.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mayer for the Packers I guess? This is a hard team to evaluate which position they'll take in the draft given a lot of its "need" positions are also positions the team has recently addressed or has promising projects at. I suppose we could always draft another ultra-raw edge rusher who will need 4 years to develop.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

My guess is that Seattle will sign Geno to a 3 year deal that they can get out of after 2. Draft Richardson with the 2nd 1st round pick or trade back and draft him with the tradeback pick. Have him sit behind geno for 1-2 years and then have him take over.

I am somewhat down with this plan if they can get an impact defender with their top 5 pick (lets ride)

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
JSN rising from 16 to 5 on Kiper’s big board? His performance lately must have been great!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

If you're an NFL team looking at JSN you have to wonder whether he is just prone to mysterious injuries that sideline him for weeks, or if he was just milking a minor injury to eliminate the risk of a more serious one. I'd be curious to see what the OSU medical staff tells any NFL teams that ask about him.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Amy Pole Her posted:

Be honest is it mushrooms or acid or

a patagonian cavy posted:

bengals football

go benzos

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

who dey

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Cinati Benzos

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Unbelievably talented draft at the top, super shallow throughout except for CBs and DLine. I don't know how some of these WRs are sneaking into the first round right now. I only really like Johnston, Boutte, and Addison. JSN seems like just a guy without Olave and Wilson pulling a ton of coverage off of him. Hyatt is a product of non stop go routes.

Stroud should be the clear cut #1. When he's on he's the most accurate QB I've seen in years. Tons of tough passes that he laces on a dime. Same size and speed as Levis without the extra 3 years of growth. Bryce Young has a phenomenal arm for someone his size. Makes it look effortless. Alabama lies about his size, he's tiny. Looks like a high schooler in the huddle. Has Bill O'Brien dragging him to hell. Could definitely see his run game putting him ahead of Stroud but I really dislike drafting guys who'll fall apart in 5 years like Mayfield.

The Dline this year is absurd. Best in years, don't even know what to compare it to. Carter, Bresee, Murphy, Ojulari, WAJ, Andre Carter, Foskey, Wilson, Verse, Nolan Smith. All of them could go top 25 or top 15 easily.

Best player in the draft is probably Michael Mayer. Same deal as Pitts a couple years ago. Absolutely dominant receiving threat. Could probably play him as a Z. Underrated blocker like Pitts too. He's not quite as dominant after the catch but he's always open. Great hands and strength behind it, kind of a Mike Evans build on contested catches. Don't see how you take him over Stroud or Young though without having a revolt. Kincaid also could be had for a little bit cheaper if the draft was tomorrow. You get the same receiving talent with the one year wonder risk attached.

Bijan Robinson would probably be the #1 pick in the draft 20 years ago. Big, deliberate runner with good burst. Sheds tackles with ease, even when squared up. Criminally underused too so he's coming into the league fresh. Decent out of the backfield too. Can pass block a bit. I just feel like he's a dancer behind the line. Would love it if he actually ran forward and he might be a little boom or bust at the next level. Jahmyr Gibbs is probably the second back off the board but would be the first if he wasn't a liability blocking. Saquon like talent catching out of the backfield. One of the fastest guys in the draft probably. Actually hits the hole too, kind of like Mixon out of shotgun. I think he gets dumped a bit too easily on tackles though. Bama didn't use him at all if they needed to go max protect.

Speaking of Bama their CB duo will probably both go top 50. Kelee Ringo is the premier DB this draft. Freak athlete that can stick to anyone in man coverage. Probably the fastest guy in the draft and is the same size as Joey Porter Jr. Lost a season to a torn labrum but came back pretty strong. Gets to jam a lot in Georgia's system and he's real good at it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lions fans are going to have an existential crisis if they draft CJ Stroud

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

Lions fans are going to have an existential crisis if they draft CJ Stroud

Why?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Doltos posted:

JSN seems like just a guy without Olave and Wilson pulling a ton of coverage off of him.

I don't know about this, he had 15 catches, 347 yards, and 3 TDs in the Rose Bowl last year without either Wilson or Olave playing. And whenever just one of them missed a game JSN seemingly absorbed their numbers.

It's a shame that he sat out this season, since this was supposed to be his big coming out party and instead that basically went to Marvin Harrison Jr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Ohio state qb with 2 losses against the wolverines in Michigan