Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
remember when i used to make nxt threads eight hundred years ago? those were the days. anyways they're running a show tonight called Deadline that's going to have a new match type called

THE IRON SURVIVOR MATCH

quote:

As HBK explains it, the match will be 25 minutes long and each feature five competitors that battle each other, and the clock. Two wrestlers will start in the ring and every five minutes, another one will enter. If a wrestler scores a pinfall, they receive one point. The Superstar who got pinned will not only receive minus one point for being pinned, but will be forced to sit in a penalty box for 90 seconds as punishment for taking the fall. At the end of the 25 minutes, the Superstar with the most points will win the match. The winners will both earn shots at the NXT and NXT Women’s Championships respectively.

this sounds very stupid and funny so im going to watch it. thank you tony khan for wisely deciding to let as many wrestling fans as possible tune in to this one to see the calamity

your matches are

Carmelo Hayes vs. JD McDonagh vs. Grayson Waller vs. Joe Gacy vs. Axiom (A-Kid???) - Men's Iron Survivor Challenge to determine the #1 contender for the NXT Championship
Zoey Stark vs. Cora Jade vs. Roxanne Perez vs. Kiana James vs. Indi Hartwell - Women's Iron Survivor Challenge to determine the #1 contender for the NXT Women's Championship
Bron Breakker (c) vs. Apollo Crews - NXT Championship Match
Pretty Deadly (Elton Prince and Kit Wilson) (c) vs. The New Day (Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods) - NXT Tag Team Championship Match
Alba Fyre vs. Isla Dawn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i'm actually unironically excited for bron/apollo since i still have a soft spot for apollo, a guy who hasnt gotten to do poo poo since... well, the last time i made a thread for an nxt show

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

do you think sam roberts regrets not waiting a few years and latching on to aew in the same lamprey-like fashion

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

whos this in the white dress this is a wild look for this show taking place in a warehouse in an industrial park

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

aw jd got to open one of his christmas gifts early, love those DK coffee table books for children

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

was the build for this match seriously just bron and apollo broing out

i saw them go out on that boat and thought apollo was gonna try to fredo bron or something

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

This Iron Survivor thing sounds like peak TNA bullshit, hope it rules

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

abraham linksys posted:

was the build for this match seriously just bron and apollo broing out

i saw them go out on that boat and thought apollo was gonna try to fredo bron or something

pretty much. I don't think either did anything bad to each other

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

why didnt they just call this NXT Iron Survivor

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

turd ballz

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I have no idea of any nxt people, I'm just here for the wacky rules match :getin:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

so far the womens iron survivor match hasnt done much other than having a clock in the corner reminding me of the constant march of time

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

ok apparently HBK loving lied and you dont lose a point for getting pinned

unless maybe you cant go negative??

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

abraham linksys posted:

Don't think so. You get put in the penatly box

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

?????

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Digital Jedi posted:

Don't think so. You get put in the penatly box

i cant believe the usa network news article that was the first result for "iron survivor match rules" would lie to me, drat

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

its weird that they almost matched the colors on the scoreboard to the gear but hosed up cora and zoey

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

so wait is this ending at 25 minutes or 30 i dont trust that usa article anymore

e: oh its 25

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my farther has been posting things like "fortunately we all live on a [youtube link to yellow submarine]" and "ah look at all the lonely people [youtube of the song eleanor rigby]" for about 3 hrs on the facebook. i guess that's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktD_aYECtcU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I don't think they ever said anything about ties?

So lol if it ends in a tie

edit: oh good it didn't. That wasn't that bad

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

that was a pretty fun ending stretch tbh

didnt really feel like a great showcase for anyone in that match since it didn't really build drama in the way you need for that, but they did a good job and just had the one face everyone wanted to see win have a comeback story and win

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
It was okay. :geno:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I just started watching the ROH show, how was the Iron Survivor Match?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
It wasn't bad nor anything great. Format was alright.
I think it should be a bit longer total time or at least faster intervals.

I assume loser can't have red hair anymore

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

yeah!!! YEAH!!!!!!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

cannot remember the last time i watched a new day match so this is fun

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

this is fuckin good

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
this is pretty good and fun

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
holy poo poo that is a surprise

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

oh my loving god i have to post about an nxt match in the motyc thread im so mad about this

when was the last time anyone posted about nxt in that thread other than darkstar posting wmotyc nominations for matches no one else even knew was happening

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i have some questions here

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
just about to type that out

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

this entrance effect for axiom is the dumbest poo poo ive seen in a while

theyre cowards for not leaving it on for the first five minutes

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

was pretty sure i just saw a-kid die there

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

abraham linksys posted:

They wouldn't like to have negatives to show who's truly a loser in the match, that's too much burial.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Gacy go back to wearing dress shirts and pants. You look so non threatening.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i was so excited when axiom got those 2 points :(

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

commentator finally mentions SUDDEN DEATH, this match has owned so far so id enjoy more

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

booooo

funny way to do that finish but would have preferred sudden death, and also while waller seems pretty good he seems like a really boring #1 contender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
yea, again wasn't half way bad. Waller seems pretty bland of a guy. But no one else in that match stands out to really challange Bronn so why not him

Did they all forget in the last 20 seconds you could have pinned anyone else? Like, why chase waller?

Gonna miss the main event. Heading out to watch UFC 282