Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Sorry you are going through this, khy.

When I was a kid a cat showed up at our house (in the country) with only 3-1/2 legs. His front foot was missing but he still caught mice and even fathered some kittens. (With my mom’s Persian cat :lol:)

A couple years later our dog got shot for chasing cows (yes my parents were negligent pet owners). He came home with a wreck of a front ankle and the vet ended up taking the whole front leg off. That dog took about a day of adjustment and was back to his old self. He was physically slower than he had been but he had the exact same joy in life as he did before.

The difference with your situation is the underlying illness. If that is bigger than expected or starts to spread then I’d definitely expect a change in behavior, but that would happen without the surgery too. Since the radiation seems like it’s not an realistic option right now, what does your vet think her chances are with only the surgery? Are there medications she will need to be on? How is she at taking medications? Those are some things I would try to think about as you go forward.

Good luck to you and your cat. :sympathy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Good luck to you and your kitty. :sympathy:

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
I’m so sorry.