Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

i like the :shepface: that kucan is pulling in the preview picture. just that crack of unhinged-ness showing through to make any players who still have moral concerns go hmm about their charismatic leader

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

it's cheating and the student should be told so. my understanding is that the intent of the assignment is to test/exercise the students' ability to perform a task with certain tools - in this case the task is to generate a list of topics, and the tools are implied to be their own minds. the student breached the second condition.

perhaps the takeaway is that we need to explicitly state the restrictions on tools that are ok to use? like yes, you have access to calculators in the real world and knowing how to use them is useful, but it's still ok to make kids learn how to do sums without them since that's also a valuable skill for real life.

it's the same as signing up to learn karate and then proclaiming yourself grandmaster because you snuck up behind your sensei and clobbered them with a baseball bat. the object of the exercise isn't to just generate a given output, it's to show that you can do it under certain constraints.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

rotor posted:

honestly would it have killed them to add two more?
We already have 4 limbs, 6 additional equals 10 total. Why mess with perfection?

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

i would 100% wear that poo poo on stage, but that's a hell of a lot of money to spend on costuming for a hobby project

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

rad, but too many arms. would be much better with just one pair that are much larger and mimic your own movement, so you can punch things while yelling "robot punch!"

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

FMguru posted:

current configuration carries a high risk of summoning a wise-cracking webslinger to fight you when used

Or an angsty katana-wielding cyborg.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

yeah they should have committed to all the buttons being identical squares instead of some being circular-ish

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

rotor posted:

you have the right to romaine silent

anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of slaw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

love to buy, register, insure and maintain a second entire vehicle instead of simply hitching the trailer to my existing car