Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Southern Cassowary posted:

these are so cool, are you working on a game?

I am not! I'm told I should be making one, though. I can do all the assets like music and graphics but I haven't dabbled with any engines.

I just started making stuff again to work through some bad moods tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDi2QmVY22I

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Southern Cassowary posted:

was excited to see four pages today. love the ducks

It'll be a bit before the next chapter though, since I'm at a conference and have little time to draw the next few days.

Chapter 5 Page 9 (Chapter Gap)

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
So I decided to do a sheep illustration every day for practice, here's today's sheep.

Walks
Sep 11, 2006

:dukedog:
For the goonart discord artdome: "create a team of non-human, non-male action fighting heroes"

Went with a 90's sat morning cartoon feel, with the same characters from a previous artdome involving fake band album art.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I am not! I'm told I should be making one, though. I can do all the assets like music and graphics but I haven't dabbled with any engines.

you should, these are cool. very shin megami tensei or castlevania.

day 12:
- did 1 point perspective on freehand boxes, then checked my work afterwards. i could generally tell when a box was pretty close or when it was off before checking it and my straight lines are getting better. generally happy about this.
- more gesture/anatomy/observation at love life drawing from side poses. this is getting results from hammering it daily and i'm starting to get better at seeing the motion of the muscles in the arms. happy about that.
- decided to try a master study on ANIME FACES as i would like to draw anime fanart at some point. had a friend rec me some artist who does arknights fanart (i barely know what arknights is tbh) and then went to town on copies - traced over it, did a copy without tracing, fixed the untraced copy with the reference as an underlay, fixed the untraced copy without the reference as an underlay, then i repeated that process after drawing it without the reference (so, totally blind).

i am entirely sold on this process because my big takeaway from the first copy i did was how i messed up the cheek and on the blind, no-reference copy i got the cheek basically right. the youtube video i got this process from recommends doing this three times in a row so i'm going to do this again with this art the next two days.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

hell yeah old yugioh. all your pixel art stuff has been really cool

day 13 was basically a repeat of day 12 - did three rough one point perspective studies, love life drawing, and continued my master study on the anime head. all of these things improved.

love life drawing has been using a movable 2d model of the body from the front and side as a way of teaching observation, and they took the training wheels off today, saying draw the body without the model but using the shapes. here's what it looks like.

still sketchy, but i've gotten way, way better at seeing poses and proportions in the past 5 days of doing this. they start mannequinization and making the shapes look more 3d tomorrow.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

lol gently caress yes dude

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Hey look I actually drew something for once. Well, not counting some art I did for a remix of "House in Hellworld" I'm working on in RPGMaker.

Since video files don't do the thumbnail thing (that I'm aware of) I'll just include a link for the curious.
https://imgur.com/AgfE00L

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Day 14

both drawabox and love life drawing introduced involved concepts today in rotating boxes in perspective and doing foreshortening on limbs. i did about half of both but it took about an hour and a half and i was feeling fried.

might go back and do the last master study on the anime head before i rest. working on pacing myself - i know how to do that with music but i kind of dove head first into doing two art ideas at the same time (constructive sketching and figure drawing) and it's kind of a lot to tackle at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I know this is just an exercise but this is pretty, lol