Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Red has 1 billionth the charisma of Jade

So do most people tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jade could feasibly lose if she somehow alienates Leila tonight as well and some kerfuffle causes a distraction for Velvet to pick up on. I don't expect Velvet to win but it could make sense in the storyline of Jade becoming too cocky and arrogant to the point of not taking Velvet seriously. I imagine we're more likely to get to 50-0 and then start setting up a big title match for Revolution.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

jade is gonna go 100-0

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Hangman please send Mox to a nice warm beach he can relax on and drink some non alcoholic beers for a month

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

If Stat is the planned one over Jade, given her injury history so far in AEW, wouldn’t one be hesitant to belt her up? I feel like there was at least one time that people in these forums felt like the time was right for Kris to win only for her to have an injury and dash those expectations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If AEW didn't put belts on people with prior injuries it'd have no belts at all

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Stat's injuries have been freak accidents, which you just can't plan for (see also Darius Martin's car accident) so I don't think there's any reason to be concerned, on top of the aforementioned fact that every wrestler is injured.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JOHN CENA posted:

jade is gonna go 100-0

:pray:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
jade is going to go 174 - 0, come on.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Fenix had his wholeass arm turn 180 degrees and that wouldnt stop me from putting any/all belts on him either

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quantum of Phallus posted:

no way Velvet's winning, cmon

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I’m ready for the Stir It Up Era

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
In 2 years time Jade is going to be 127-0 and everyone's going to be laughing about the fact they thought Red Velvet might beat her before 50

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

In 2 years time Jade is going to be 127-0 and everyone's going to be laughing about the fact they thought Red Velvet might beat her before 50

but she is deffo beating her this time, 127 - 1!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

eddie kingston will challenge jade in 2025 as he attempts to get his first AEW title

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I don't particularly like any of Jade' s matches but red velvet winning tonight would seem like a horribly anti-climactic way to end this run. I think Statlander is returning to save a post match beatdown on velvet or something then there will be a build to revolution where Stat will win

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I think now is the right time to take the belt off Jade. A lot of people feel burned by the Bow Wow angle and we need a palette cleanser

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I have this idea in my head that Brit should be the one to beat Jade, so a) the one who beats Jade is a big successful star so that doesn't make her look too bad in the loss and b) Brit and Jamie can both have belts so we don't have to do a tired betrayal angle and they can just be friends forever.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Ganso Bomb posted:

I think it was just AEW Community previously

AEW Heels is the fan club for girls and AEW Faces (Adversity) should be their outreach name.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I think now is the right time to take the belt off Jade. A lot of people feel burned by the Bow Wow angle and we need a palette cleanser

counter point: gently caress those people Jade rules and sometimes in wrestling it's cool to just have a star win a ton and look like a big shot.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i'm excited to see what Velvet's custom belt look like. i hope it's a cupcake or maybe even like a full apron attached to the belt.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

El Generico posted:

I have this idea in my head that Brit should be the one to beat Jade, so a) the one who beats Jade is a big successful star so that doesn't make her look too bad in the loss and b) Brit and Jamie can both have belts so we don't have to do a tired betrayal angle and they can just be friends forever.

I thought this was the way to go months ago. Thought when Britt lost to Thunder Rosa (remember her?) that Britt should take the TBS belt to boost her back up and free Jade to go for Rosa. They could still do that now although I don't think Jade isn't ready to be world champ then or now.

But Britt and Hayter having both belts would be cool.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

xbilkis posted:

One of the reasons the eventual TBS title change will be interesting is because we don’t really have any sense of how the company views the belt outside of its attachment to Jade. I think Red Velvet is a fine choice story wise, and she’s talented enough to hold the secondary belt for a while, but I don’t really see the company putting a title on someone that far down the card.

My expectation is that someone in the upper tier of wrestlers they have pointedly been keeping away from Jade would eventually beat her — Statlander most obviously, but if not her, then maybe a Riho or Shida who could make it a workrate belt, or Ruby if she’s not in line to hold the main title for a while, or even Britt (lol) if they go through with a face turn and keep her away from the main title. In my head, the cutoff point for a credible TBS champion is Tay, who I feel like has generally been booked at a power level a notch above Red Velvet (and Willow, and Bunny and Penelope, etc.)

But that could be totally wrong! They could think more highly of Red Velvet than what I’m perceiving, or they could be willing to be more open with who’s capable of holding the TBS title than what I’m assuming. It will be interesting to see how it goes down, live on TBS 8/7c :)

This is a good point. I think we naturally assumed that the TBS belt would essentially be a women’s division TNT belt. High workrate, but not really a “midcard” belt in the same way that the IC/US title has been treated recently in WWE.

Most (but not all) of the TNT title holders were people who have fought or would not be out of place main eventing shows against their upper tier stars like Mox, Omega or Hangman.

Cody, Darby, Joe, Brodie, Sammy, Miro, all wouldn’t be out of place in that position, only Scorpio or Wardlow seemed like they would depending on people’s view but that’s mostly because they ruined Wardlow’s post-MJF build.

But with the TBS, you’ve had a solitary holder positioned as a superstar fighting mostly jobbers or the actual women’s midcard. They kept her away from their top level women and nobody at that level in the division seems to even be paying attention to the belt. It’s like she’s got her own Cody-Verse.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I guess this tweet implies that Tony is still adamant that he won't run anything but the traditional ROH Supercard in L.A. for Wrestlemania weekend or be seen to be competing there by letting his wrestlers work indies that weekend

https://twitter.com/wrestlecon/status/1620851203994423296

A good tease that some AEW wrestlers might show up at the DDT/TJPW shows though

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
The TBS title has felt a little more secondary than the TNT title, but that's not Jade's fault. A lot of the people who seemed to be earmarked to be in the title picture got injured or were promoted over the title. Leyla Hirsch, Stat, Red Velvet, Willow, Deeb, Tay, Anna Jay, Ford, The Bunny and Ruby felt like they were supposed to be the main people going after the belt around the time it started, but poo poo happens in wrestling.

Velvet and Jade compliment each other in the ring extremely well, and if anyone could make Jade still look nearly unstoppable in a loss it's her. Not to say I think it'll happen, but if it does, that's why.

Even then, Jade never gets hurt. Every other woman in AEW since her reign began has suffered some sort of injury, with very few exceptions, so maybe keep the belt on her for safety's sake. Or take the belt off of her because there's some sort of curse related to her being TBS champion.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dacap posted:

This is a good point. I think we naturally assumed that the TBS belt would essentially be a women’s division TNT belt. High workrate, but not really a “midcard” belt in the same way that the IC/US title has been treated recently in WWE.

Most (but not all) of the TNT title holders were people who have fought or would not be out of place main eventing shows against their upper tier stars like Mox, Omega or Hangman.

Cody, Darby, Joe, Brodie, Sammy, Miro, all wouldn’t be out of place in that position, only Scorpio or Wardlow seemed like they would depending on people’s view but that’s mostly because they ruined Wardlow’s post-MJF build.

But with the TBS, you’ve had a solitary holder positioned as a superstar fighting mostly jobbers or the actual women’s midcard. They kept her away from their top level women and nobody at that level in the division seems to even be paying attention to the belt. It’s like she’s got her own Cody-Verse.

This isn't really true? She beat Thunder Rosa and Ruby Soho in the tournament, then Tay Conti, Anna Jay, Athena and Nyla in her PPV defenses. Of those Anna is the weakest but still a former title challenger, Athena was a major signing in her first big match, and Nyla is a former champion.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

fez_machine posted:

I guess this tweet implies that Tony is still adamant that he won't run anything but the traditional ROH Supercard in L.A. for Wrestlemania weekend or be seen to be competing there by letting his wrestlers work indies that weekend

https://twitter.com/wrestlecon/status/1620851203994423296

A good tease that some AEW wrestlers might show up at the DDT/TJPW shows though

Is AEW killing the indies??

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
this has been a crap week and i am over my work's bullshit and all i want is some Dynamite to wash away the bad vibes, is that so wrong?

edit: I want Red Velvet to suddenly turn into the PAC of the women's division and just suplex everyone into dust because that would be unexpected and fun

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

AEW is saving the indies by giving them room to breathe on an important night.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

El Generico posted:

AEW is saving the indies by giving them room to breathe on an important night.

AEW is forcing the indies to advance by taking away security blankets.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

1glitch0 posted:

I thought this was the way to go months ago. Thought when Britt lost to Thunder Rosa (remember her?) that Britt should take the TBS belt to boost her back up and free Jade to go for Rosa. They could still do that now although I don't think Jade isn't ready to be world champ then or now.

But Britt and Hayter having both belts would be cool.

Having Britt and Hayter as both women's champs would suck more than anything else in the division, and that ain't because of Hayter.

Yeah bitch, derangement posting is back.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Not letting talent work WM weekend shows is doing a favor for your talent.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Pinche Rudo posted:

Hangman please send Mox to a nice warm beach he can relax on and drink some non alcoholic beers for a month

I want a montage of Mox at Disney World, going through various rides and experiences with the same dead-eyed glare at the camera while Renee enjoys herself. He finally snaps out of it in order to angrily clothesline a guy in a Woody costume.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

punchdaily posted:

The TBS title has felt a little more secondary than the TNT title, but that's not Jade's fault.

You're right but for the wrong reason - it's because it was relegated to Rampage most of the time.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

JOHN CENA posted:

jade is gonna go 100-0

If Jade and Hook are still undefeated champions by the time Fight Forever comes out, I'll be compelled to make that the first match sim.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think Red Velvet's roof is TBS Champion, but as it is right now, I don't think she should beat Jade. Athena or Statlander felt like the right choices, but that ain't happening.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

enigmahfc posted:

this has been a crap week and i am over my work's bullshit and all i want is some Dynamite to wash away the bad vibes, is that so wrong?

BOY HOWDY

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
p stoked to see how timmy tries to rip apart danielson, tbh

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

graph posted:

BOY HOWDY

That’s on the other channel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Deeb should beat Jade and get a workrate reign.

Where is she anyway?