Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Anyone having any good cheapish alternatives to Yahoo?

My league is thinking of finally jumping ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I was bored last night, so I went ahead and set up a $20 Yahoo league with payments hosted on leaguesafe.com. My goon buddy DGladding and I will be co-commishing.
If any of you guys are interested, PM me your email or post it here and I will send you an invite to the league and send you the leaguesafe link.

We decided to make it a keeper league and this is the first year, you can keep 5 players next year as your last 5 rounds of the draft.

$20 entry on leaguesafe

Payout structure:

1st place = $150
2nd place = $50
3rd place = $25
best record = $15

Had a good draft for this league.....

Totally forgot it was a keeper league though!

My team:
code:

J.T. Realmuto PHI - C
C.J. Cron COL - 1B
Gleyber Torres NYY - 2B
José Ramírez CLE - 3B
Nico Hoerner CHC - SS
Mike Trout LAA - OF
Bryan Reynolds PIT - OF
Tyler O'Neill STL - OF
Josh Bell CLE - 1B
Jarred Kelenic SEA - OF
DJ LeMahieu NYY - 1B,2B,3B
Josh Jung TEX - 3B
Mike Yastrzemski SF - OF
Cody Bellinger CHC - OF
Bryson Stott PHI - 2B,SS

Shohei Ohtani (Pitcher) LAA - SP
Justin Verlander NYM - SP
Ryan Pressly HOU - RP
Evan Phillips LAD - RP
Drew Rasmussen TB - SP
Paul Sewald SEA - RP
Clay Holmes NYY - RP
Sonny Gray MIN - SP
Craig Kimbrel PHI - RP

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

I had to drop Ottoneu. It was a lot of fun, but its such a big time investment to do right.

I limit myself to 3 leagues of various difficulty and I find myself enjoying things a lot more this way.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Would really be nice if Andres Gimenez started hitting here anytime soon. Getting the feeling that hes just going to be a speed/glove guy moving forward and that last year was a career year for him.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Injuries are killing me in my goon league this year, so many people out already missing good chunks of the season.

My "main" league I think I have a solid team, but the results just arent there. It doesnt help that Andres Giminez is killing me in both leagues!!!! Giving him another week or two before I punt on him for the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

That's awesome! I feel like trades have just gotten harder over the years. People seem to be way more cautious and everyone has more information now.

I through caution to the wind 6 weeks ago and traded Corbin Burnes for Kolten Wong. Figured why not I needed a 2b with Giminez killing me there and I've been happy with the results so far.