Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Failson posted:

Lol.

I've just come back, what is a shiny gun?

It’s the versions of the Brave guns that have the hideous golden sheen on the front third.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The forbearance roll that you get from doing the shax quest is really loving good for like no effort. Just go to shuro chi and do it five times with the hive GL from that season a bit ago

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Orv posted:

It’s the versions of the Brave guns that have the glorious golden sheen on the front third.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edjlaVFqIAU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Look, all I'm saying is it should have been the whole weapon or the base Brave shader should be different colors/pattern cause it just doesn't work with the gold gradient.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Orv posted:

Look, all I'm saying is it should have been the whole weapon or the base Brave shader should be different colors/pattern cause it just doesn't work with the gold gradient.

It's kind of a bummer you can't toss a shader under the GOLDEN GODS to be honest

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
https://youtu.be/zPx2CLWu1Uo

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

TurkeyFried posted:

I dunno about that, the way Destiny's code is maybe the UI elements for power level are tied to matchmaking code somehow.

I notice they matchmake roughly by power level. Whenever I have under level armor on I always get put with newbies. Sometimes I spend sessions just under light doing stuff to help newbies out.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The onslaught round that is just shirkers and ogres can go gently caress itself.

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

The onslaught round that is just shirkers and ogres can go gently caress itself.

I raise you the fallen exploding shanks + invisible vandals + big rear end brig round

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

aledesma posted:

I raise you the fallen exploding shanks + invisible vandals + big rear end brig round

:chloe:

That sounds rancid.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Non-legend onslaught just showers you with guns. It's pretty good, chill way to get like 8-10 seasonal guns for less than an hour of playing. Plus all the tokens to turn in as well.

I still like bounties, they've made them significantly less grindy so you can load up on all of them quickly from the app and either alter your kit slightly while doing quick fun stuff to knock as many out as you can or just do whatever you normally do and get some extra xp and bright dust by coincidence.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mesadoram posted:

:chloe:

That sounds rancid.

It's really funny until you realize you can't kill the fifty exploding shanks in one shot anymore and also that you're against a wall

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53SKEIbkG5E

Quick 16 second clip of "The Dread"

Orv
May 4, 2011
Finally a faction more annoying on the whole than Taken.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Are the psion-model enemies like literally psions that have joined the dread faction? Or are they a different species ?

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Are the psion-model enemies like literally psions that have joined the dread faction? Or are they a different species ?

Psions mutated by the Witness for his personal devious gains.

Orv
May 4, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

They never resolved the whole chief/super/whatever psion guy going rogue during WQ right? Forget his name but presumably they’re Rhulked up psions.

Unrelated, Bungie I am begging you, money in hand, a Verity’s Brow ornament.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

surprised we never got the 3 kings psion strike ported but i guess the story doesnt support that now

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

^burtle posted:

surprised we never got the 3 kings psion strike ported but i guess the story doesnt support that now

The story didn't support fallen saber or sepiks prime getting ported either but they did it anyway

If they're going to pad out the strike playlist I'd rather they bring back strikes that were already in D2, like savathun's song (why wasn't this in season of the deep dammit)

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving

Orv posted:

They never resolved the whole chief/super/whatever psion guy going rogue during WQ right? Forget his name but presumably they’re Rhulked up psions.

Unrelated, Bungie I am begging you, money in hand, a Verity’s Brow ornament.

Yirix is still out there, yeah. Everything around Nez (full stop but) and his relationship with the Psions is unresolved, and Lakshmi-as-maybe-msund12 is a wrinkle that has obviously come back up a couple of times this year.

I gotta read the into the light lore, I've been slacking.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Is there any aspect of D1 Mars in the game? The D2 Mars sandbox/tileset are pretty distinct. It's probably a lot more work to add a strike to D2 when its underlying planet isn't a part of D2.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Is there any aspect of D1 Mars in the game? The D2 Mars sandbox/tileset are pretty distinct. It's probably a lot more work to add a strike to D2 when its underlying planet isn't a part of D2.

Apparently Vox Obscura used some D1 Mars? That's just something i've heard.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Vox Obscura is a modified version of the D1 mars map, yeah. The outdoor parts are inherited with some exits cut off, the underground part is new. I'm not sure if the unused parts of the outdoors are present, someone's probably gone OOB exploring though

Orv
May 4, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Just a few of the Cabal placeables they’ve continued to use AFAIK.

marhom posted:

Yirix is still out there, yeah. Everything around Nez (full stop but) and his relationship with the Psions is unresolved, and Lakshmi-as-maybe-msund12 is a wrinkle that has obviously come back up a couple of times this year.

I gotta read the into the light lore, I've been slacking.

Sounds more like an episode bad guy than maybe a mid-campaign boss but it’ll probably come up.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Io was originally supposed to be Mars at one point, wasn't it?

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Father Wendigo posted:

Io was originally supposed to be Mars at one point, wasn't it?

A cancelled D1 Vex focused expansion. The Pyramidion was supposed to be a raid.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
We already have a raid with a Pit

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

We already have a raid with a Pit

But do we have one with a lake?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Oh christ, it only just now dawned on me why there was so much Excalibur imagery in that exotic mission

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Oxyclean posted:

But do we have one with a lake?

GoS has a big radiolarian lake, but I don't know if it qualifies as vast.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Maybe it's a metaphor

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
We'll never know. It's a classic case of death of the Arthur

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I want to play the Phogoth Strike again, easily most memorable Strike for me.

Wish regular Strikes gave better rewards, gets kind of boring after doing the weekly nightfall a few times. I wouldn't mind doing a bunch of random ones though.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
inverted spire is the best strike

haters will try to deny it but the big spinny drill really makes it

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Oh hey I found him

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
What if they just put all the vaulted Strikes and Crucible Maps into the game? Would that be good?

I reject the notion of "D1 Content = vaulted" so I mean specifically the stuff that was in D2 until they removed it from D2

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Strikes are fun I'd love more. Hell give me strikes that are literally just unrelated stand alone missions. Just make up scenarios that the guardians got up to one time that wasn't even super important. We just raided a Red Legion armory, or cleared out a hive infestation on Nessus or something. gently caress it, whatever.

Edit: I think the only argument against "add more maps for a game mode" is "I don't play that game mode and therefore it wastes time on things I, me, personally, want" which is always a dead end argument.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I really just want to play D1 again

Go on sale already

Blog Free or Die
Apr 30, 2005

FOR THE MOTHERLAND
Retribution was funny AF as a crucible map, so claustrophobic. I wouldn't mind if they brought them all back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What if they just put all the vaulted Strikes and Crucible Maps into the game? Would that be good?

I reject the notion of "D1 Content = vaulted" so I mean specifically the stuff that was in D2 until they removed it from D2

Go for it, honestly.

Not that I think they ever will but I wouldn’t mind the D1 strikes back either for the most part.

Orv fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Apr 25, 2024