Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Panos Cosmatos' Manos: The Hands of Fate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

The style in QoS kills me. Last time I watched it almost gave me anxiety because it was so over cut and I was seeing every single cut and just bewildered

That's the one where a car disappears between cuts during a chase right?

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

I really like the idea of Nic Cage as Dracula but Renfield looks like rear end.

Yeah besides Nic Cage (who I heard isn't even in the movie that much) it looks like every other forgettable action comedy that's been coming out for the last decade.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

If he was going to be in another vampire movie, I’m surprised it’s not Eggers’ Nosferatu remake.

Also, lol that Nicholas Hoult is also going to be in that one.

Nicholas Hoult has a face that screams "I'm going to run afoul of Dracula" and frankly it's surprising that it took until this year for it to happen.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

The setting for Vampire Hunter D is so cool, wish they made more of those movies or a series or something.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

B-Rock452 posted:

I actually do think Danny McBride would be an interesting choice for the judge...

They can't build a time machine and get early 90's John Goodman for the role so they may as well go crazy with the casting.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah that's the thing, who looks at this bleak nihilistic portrait of the arms trade and says "I see a franchise here"?

Bill Skarsgard wrote "Lord$ of War" on a big whiteboard during a meeting and the executives went wild.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

I just assume that all actors believe stupid/insane things then I can be pleasantly surprised if one of them says something reasonable.

COVID and vaccine denialism are comparatively dull as far as celebrity beliefs go. Terrence Howard, for example, believes that he's invented his own version of mathematics that has disproven gravity.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

dr_rat posted:

What if we made a space fantasy film but the good guys were also fascists!

You're just making things up to be mad about now.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Waititi seems like he had a couple of good ideas for movies but ran through them pretty fast. I loved What We Do In The Shadows and Wilderpeople but nothing he's done since has been better than OK. Some parts of Ragnarok are good but it's very uneven overall and it's gotten to the point that I have to wonder how much of what worked so well with Shadows was actually due to Jemaine Clement.

Maybe Next Goal Wins will be good but some early reviews I saw didn't sound promising.

I think he could have more good stuff in him if he'd just cool it for a bit but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Every decade or two the world is gripped by an inexplicable Pinocchio fever that scientists still cannot explain but we should all prepare now for the next spike in Pinocchio productions expected around 2035.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Looks like they're doing a different animation style.

Seems fine.

It looks exactly like their usual style but with a filter slapped on it.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

I hope they can come to an amicable joint custody agreement regarding Adam Sandler.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Martman posted:

He died during the shoot obviously

He's the only one not pointing at the ground, I think he went to jail.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

It's even funnier at the end after you've seen all of them get brutally murdered.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

I’m starting to think that Spider-Man is the character most people care about in Spider-Man.

Sony is leaving money on the table by not doing a solo movie for the only other side character people like: J Jonah Jameson (if played by JK Simmons).

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

The Paul movie should be an intense 90 minute conspiracy thriller about the Paul Is Dead conspiracy.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Coaaab posted:

i dunno what would be funnier: if they were extra mean or of the "refrigerator is running" variety

From what I remember one of the examples King gave it was stuff like Kubrick calling him in the middle of the night and asking stuff like "Stephen... do you believe in God?"

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Bc Levi thinks he’s good at playing a child

He’s not

He gives off awful vibes for this sort of thing, way to smarmy.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

This guy sucks for Bond. This guy could be in a scene opposite a cardboard cutout of himself and still be upstaged by it.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

My favorite thing about proponents of AI art is how mad they get when people notice, then start calling them small minded luddites.

Laughing remembering the guy who requested a permaban from the forums last year because he insisted that everyone was being racist against AI.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Richard Karn hosted Family Feud for a few years, he could be a fun choice.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Owen Wilson is in the news for turning down a multi million dollar payday to be in a movie saying that OJ wasn't the killer. Details are light but I'm assuming it will be based on the debunked theory that a serial killer was responsible.

Well, everyone knows OJ Simpson killed Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman. What this film presupposes is... maybe he didn't.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Rhea Perlman and Will Ferrell were both the low points of the movie for me. Perlman because it was some pretty blatant corporate back patting and Ferrell because his character felt out of place, like he was left over from an earlier draft where he was the main antagonist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

dr_rat posted:

Who was asking for this!!!!

Kevin Costner.