Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

One of the late night phone calls was Kubrick telling King that he thought ghost stories were inherently optimistic because the existence of ghosts meant consciousness continued after death.
That’s kinda a nice way to think about it. Someone should have told that to 8 year old me so I didn’t poo poo my pants at the idea of ghosts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

You guys are all really mad about a movie you haven’t seen

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

At this point this thread is profit-generating for SA so I would suggest not changing a thing about it

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

my favorite thing about james bond is the white guys

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It’s not like the Bond films have a heritage of hiring good directors. Also a Nolan Bond film would be incredibly up its own rear end.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Margot Robbie’s career turn from sexed up Scorsese lead actress to mass market IP movie guru isn’t one I expected but, heck, I’m ready. Bring on the Furby and Tamagotchi movies.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

You people are nuts, there’s no way anyone would have thought those are AI generated unless you’re pausing the movie, have experience with generating AI images and are thinking very hard about it. They shouldn’t have lied but this is also a total nothingburger.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It’s only being blasted on social media because the small segment of people very angry about AI are calling it out. Do a poll among the general public and there’s no way anyone sees anything out of the ordinary there.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

feel like there are plenty of actual conflicts you could tell that story in but then you'd have to, y'know, have an opinion on something
Garland is a genius because Americans love theorycrafting about how their country would actually destroy itself. Free publicity :science:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

the true gift of monopoly is the friends we made along the way, not the lesson that rent-seeking landlords are a deleterious curse on society. easy mistake to make

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Stunt casting

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

I wouldn't say it's a bad movie, it's fine, but it's way too long for a movie that is filmed almost entirely in one room.
They did cut it into a mini series and put it on Netflix so people can actually take toilet breaks

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Furiosa is gonna bomb

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I'm sure it'll be solid but I was thinking to myself how much I'd have just preferred just making a sequel with Charlize Theron. There's fun potential going by the end of the last movie. I mean why not? Did she just have an awful Fury Road experience? I'm not trying to say this is some Phantom Menace poo poo but no I'm not really that interested in tracing this poo poo back. Hell just give me another Yojimbo type story with a slightly different vibe, using Tom Hardy Mad Max just once seems like a waste.
She absolutely hated working with Tom Hardy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Put these ancient fuckers out of their misery. I hope this movie bombs to all hell.