Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

dr_rat posted:

I mean it's Neil Breen, so yeah, that's pretty much his thing.

I was hoping it was a different Neil Breen, but drat the Wikipedia entry for this poo poo owns, here is a list of his roles on that pic:

quote:

Also director of photography, casting, make up and hair, production manager, set designer, wardrobe, props, lighting design, special effects, stunt coordinator, areal rigging, special makeup effects, legal accounting administration, craft services, locations and sound editor

He’s DP and director and putting Subway on the craft services table while telling extras not to spill mustard on the costumes he made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

galagazombie posted:

I refuse to believe someone couldn’t invent a fake gun with realistic looking recoil and flash/smoke in like a month. It’s simply cheaper for the people in charge to have some peasant occasionally die from a Baldwin.
Then do it lol Mr Big Ideas Guy, get rich. Hint: Weta still doesn’t have it right.

Also lol at ‘occasional peasant death via Baldwin’. Great line, but Brandon Lee was no peasant and that was 30 years ago.

Lotta blame to go around, but the armorer is spectacularly the biggest part of it. Her loving job is safety on set, and she brought real bullets to work to gently caress around and go shooting with the rented guns. That’s so far beyond the pale that it seems unreal. She needs to go to jail along with anybody else that knew that poo poo was going on. Oh and the second AD that called ‘cold gun’ without checking, when IIRC she wasn’t around to do her job for some reason.

I’m genuinely interested to know what a vanity credit like Baldwin’s really means on a shitshow like that production. I know a huge part of it is making sure nothing that the actor perceives as ‘hurting their image’ happens, like the Rock never losing or even being challenged by any fight, ever. I’d love to know the Baldwin the person every knew or really cared what was happening outside of his contract, or if he just got out of a limo, did wardrobe, makeup, rehearsal, scenes, then left.

Now that I think about it I’d really be surprised if Baldwin gave a poo poo other than being annoyed he had to leave town to shoot some random low-budget western that met his rate. But that vanity producer title he picked up during negotiations kinda hosed the ‘don’t hurt my image’ thing.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Timby posted:

Stahelski.

Chad-Wick

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
The Pentaverate seems like it was deliberately buried.

From the 2 clips I saw, for a good reason.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Hakkesshu posted:

I've never heard anyone say one good thing about that King Arthur movie.
It was a fun big-budget action comedy movie, the kind of thing I’d see in a theater with a family/group but not streaming by by self or just my wife when more esoteric fare is up. Basically this week’s D&D movie 5 years ago (or whatever).

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Aww, gee, so sad that a throwaway animated movie for kids didn’t cynically stick the name of an inexpensive boomer nostalgia license to their pointless crap.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Dracula 1972 trailer introduced me to Stoneground, a legit interesting band, kinda ok early 70’s rock but with two black women with phenomenal voices as the lead singers.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

muscles like this! posted:

Its why all the trailers and ads for West Side Story kind of just pretended he didn't exist.
Yeah, but his utterly monstrous size and presence was a - goddam I gotta say it - HUGE part of how that movie worked. It wasn’t really clear why everybody wanted Russ Tamblin on their side in a rumble, or why Maria locked into him so quickly, but Egert looked huge, dangerous, and interesting. Of course it’s Spielberg, a can of corn could have looked huge, dangerous, and interesting, but that’s the dude on set at the time.

I’m still astonished about how great that movie was, and in how many ways. Even the clear enunciation of the Spanish such that I, a high-school-Spanish-learner, could understand every word was perfect - I’d seen the kinda-bilingual touring version this was based on and didn’t catch it as well. And the audio, wow, I looked over when I heard the train go by. Man I love that movie.

Baby Driver being an action movie to a beat was a terrific idea that barely missed being an all time great, I’m happy to see Hamm the way I used to be happy seeing Spacey or Judy Davis. So glad that Spacey wasn’t great in this, if he delivered I’m really afraid I’d be more conflicted about wanting him to just Do The Right Thing.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
The utter cynicism of Warm Bodies really is my favorite thing about Hollywood. “Twilight but he’s not a werewolf, he’s a zombie” man we will make bank.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

MrBling posted:

It was filmed in 2018 and then just got shelved for unknown reasons.
Could “looks terrible” be the reason?

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Alan Smithee posted:

they got treat williams

Dude is fine, he’s technically been dead since ‘88:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lANTWY4iaE

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
This Treat Williams talk is missing Prince of the City, a goddamn masterpiece, a companion to and equal of the better-known Serpico, another true story of the NYPD.

On this topic one of his last roles was on SVU, Episode: "Spiraling Down".

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
DVDs being priced for consumers was frigging brilliant, just cut out the loving Blockbuster middleman.

The amount of money in the system unlocked a real golden age of Interesting poo poo for home release, as even niche stuff could be quite profitable. Very similar to how nice multiplexes unlocked a lot of Interesting poo poo for theatrical release in the early 90's.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Thr incredibly original and compelling Gears of War IP: “what if aliens came like from the ground man instead of the sky”?

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Alan Smithee posted:

halochief was always an aspirational teenage boy fantasy

Brilliantly so, not only was a giant indestructible killer but had a hot girlfriend that other people could see. And that didn’t have any physical or emotional requirements.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Is that supposed to be Coney Island and the Wonder Wheel? Thematically it should be, probably, but it’s not even convincing as a random second-rate Canadian or SoCal pier attraction.

This just loving annoys me, Blues Brothers and Ghostbusters went from good to great only because they had a sense of place that was unmatched; when I wanted to show my kids the Maxwell Street Market or Manhattan when actual humans lived there those movies were invaluable.

Yeah speaking of Coney The Warriors followed shortly thereafter.

The Paul Feig Ghostbusters is still in track to be the best in this century, which would be sad except that Helmsworth is a joy in the movie.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Zaslav is a true believer in what he's used to- that is, reality TV.
Reality TV made him unbelievably rich, I’m sure he loves it. People love things that make them incredibly rich; my favorite example of this is how in Thomas Harris’ work Hannibal Lector slowly turns into a hero. Lector made him rich, the dude can’t be a villain!

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
If AI really is evil then collaboration is on-brand.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Advertising as a revenue model is the enemy of anything good. That’s why cable TV is a nightmare, even though it shouldn’t be with the level of carrier fees that are paid out. Or maybe it’s just capitalism.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Is the ‘stars presenting to be in the same room but failing’ genre so oversarurated that it’s not worth commenting on?

They’re not even trying, the closeups of Macchio would have Jackie’s shoulder in them if they even bothered looking at the mids.

Unsurprisingly Macchio does a worse job of selling this than Jackie.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Whoa, looking at Waititi's filmography, he hasn't done a lot, and most of his credits were in New Zealand, which has low salaries for everybody and a tiny film industry. And high housing prices, of course. If the only gigs he got were occasional scale writing and acting jobs trying to make it in Hollywood, and probably need to 'keep up appearances' both places, yeah, I can see that being scary.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Drunkboxer posted:

I think it’s his only good movie.
Pain & Gain is great, and Rampage is pretty good and he's just fine in it. It's a better movie with him than if it was made this year with the inevitable Chris Pratt.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
This Coyote vs Acme thing is fascinating. There’s no way it’s not some personal beef someplace. Is it just Zaslov putting Gunn in his place by canning a movie he co-wrote that stars his consistent collaborator Cena? Did the director or one of the producers gently caress his wife, or not gently caress his wife?

We’re in a world where loving Lisa Frankenstein got a theatrical release (that I went to btw) Ibecause theaters are DYING for first-run content! It’s nuts.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I fell asleep in the theater during Wicked which is weird because it’s not that long.
The costumes alone (on Broadway) kept me awake. Holy poo poo were they amazing.

And Finding Gravity was a showstopper indeed. I don’t remember anything else. drat those costumes were amazing.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Jesus, he’s plugging a movie why do you expect honesty? He can’t alienate anybody that might buy a ticket, no matter the content of the movie after said ticket is purchased.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Due to the utter unintelligibility of Tenet, which I saw in a perfectly set up Dolby Atmos cinema and still could not understand, I honestly think Nolan is trying to do a silent film with sound effects, music, with the dialog being vibe-based and cross-cultural (basically the wah wah wah of parents in Peanuts). This could be cool. I’m not saying it is but as an idea for doing new ‘silent’ films it owns.

Monica Bellucci posted:

I am still baffled they got Colin Farrell when Richard Kind is right there.
Has anybody seen the show where a 75-year-old autist is a cop? He stars, hope he makes Orbach money.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
They just need to say that they hired an artist, and said artist like these AI images as a start or aid to his own work. Bet that didn’t happen though.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Oh come on they’re just loving with us now:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
BoP and The Suicide Squad are the only DC movies I actually remember enjoying. B vs S had a few GREAT moments but I watched it for work a zillion loving times and it just annoys meme.