Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Why is there a ufc match in Road House?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

is this how they explain why he's the most famous bouncer in the world

He's gonna tear someone's throat out in the octagon

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Lance Reddick, passed away at 60.

That loving sucks. He was so good in everything and 60 is way too young.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Zero_Grade posted:

What a rotten way to die.

Yeah RIP

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Casimir Radon posted:

I didn’t find out about The Room till about 10 years ago. How I found out was tuning into Adult Swim on April Fool’s Day just in time to catch the sex scene.

I think that's actually how a lot of people first found out about it. That's how I did.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Chairman Capone posted:

The Love Guru is really funny for the fact that that of all things was his big passion project and it basically ended his career. Other than cameos the only things he's done since were Shrek 4 immediately after, and then The Pentaverate last year which I don't think anyone I know is even aware of.

You forgot he was in Inglorious Basterds after the Love Guru.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ryan Reynolds is much better than the Rock. Plus he'll make fun of himself.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Slavery? Cut it out!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Young Freud posted:

I have a feeling a Shin Godzilla 2 would resemble Aliens than a traditional Godzilla movie, based off the hints at the tail end of the film.

(pun intended)

So it would be even more kick rear end than the first?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah comedy sequels are tough and one after so long is weird. But Dodgeball was good so hopefully this one is too

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Basebf555 posted:

The only thing that makes Dodgeball good is Ben Stiller's character so if Stiller isn't back then there's no point.

Rip Torn was great. But he definitely won't be back so

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sirotan posted:

The Naked Gun 2½ and 33⅓.

I'll admit its been forever since I rewatched them.

The third is the worst of the bunch but the second one is really close to being just as good as the first. Even then the third is still pretty entertaining despite having some dated parts.

I think Wayne's World 2 is pretty good too. I think all the Harold and Kumar movies are pretty good too, even if the first is still the best. Scary Movie 3 is the best of them all.

But for comedy sequels so long after the original, I think Bill and Ted Face the Music has really been the only one that's been any good.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

58 is way too young. He was great in everything. That sucks.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SunshineDanceParty posted:

My favorite version of this is Kate Mara in Fantastic Four because they didn't even try to get it to match and they aren't small shots.

Ben Affleck in Justice League is good too. His hair completely changes from shot to shot.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Tars Tarkas posted:

Transformers: Rise of the Beasts spoiler:

GI Joe is namedropped at the end of the film

About time.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GwRYKzyjXo

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The only thing I remember from the Expendables is Terry Crews and his awesome shotgun.

I wondered why he wasn't back for this one and yikes:

quote:

Terry Crews, who had starred in all previous films, refused to appear in any new entries after claiming he was sexually assaulted by Stallone's agent, Adam Venit, alleging he was pressured by producer Avi Lerner to drop the case if he wanted to stay in the series.

This one should be a skip.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

WB is gonna be hiring Awesome-O to make film pitches pretty soon

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Len posted:

The only place I saw ads for it was in front of other movies. But most of the streaming services I use don't have ads so who knows if it's on any of those

Yeah I saw the trailer for it before Spider-Verse. But after seeing Spider-Verse, all other animated films just pale in comparison.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Casimir Radon posted:

I liked Caviezel’s acting in The Count of Monte Cristo and Person of Interest. Too bad he seems to get exponentially more insane with every passing year.

Wasn't he hit by lightning? Twice?

Might explain why he's crazy. Might also explain that he's pure evil and not even God was able to smite him.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

That would be the last paragraph. Joe Quesada tried to relaunch it when he first became EIC and was pretty far along when legal pointed out the rev share component and that one of the writers that would benefit was known to show too much attention to his underage fans.

That's when they pivoted to a New Universe revival that ironically went to Warren Ellis.

The Ultraverse thing is actually really interesting because nobody has ever said conclusively why Marvel doesn't use those characters. The only people that know are bound by an NDA so there are only guesses and speculation.

I think everyone has settled on the theory that the former publisher of Malibu, who Marvel bought out, has a deal with those characters where he gets a cut of profits and is given producer credit and might have some creative control.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ghost Leviathan posted:

lol I knew they were making a Wonka origin story but didn't realise it was starring Paul Atreides

Is this the one about him going to war or whatever that one pitch was?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They're spending money on this instead of paying their writers and actors.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

LA is tons of fun and has some great moments. The basketball scene rules and the ending is an all timer.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Enos Cabell posted:

gently caress, Paul Reubens aka Pee Wee Herman dead at 70 from cancer. He wasn't in a ton of movies, but he killed it whenever he had the chance.

Ugh that sucks. I never did watch the recent Pee Wee stuff he did. I'll have to do that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I AM GRANDO posted:

Reverse John Wick

I'm shocked this hasn't been made a film yet where the dog's owner is killed and then the dog goes out for vengeance.

Or maybe it has but it's one of those random movies that shows up on some obscure streaming service.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SilentChaz posted:

The Hollywood strike claims another one as Dune: Part Two gets moved to 2024:

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1694832106738720836

This is good news for The Marvels, but I think that will get pushed back too.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Looks like they're doing a different animation style.

Seems fine.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Peter Dinklage as Toxie is something I never knew I needed until now

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think he's chilled out in recent years but yeah he used to be a diva

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I love It Follows and am looking forward to this.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

There's also Jay Garrick who, despite having multiple actors play him in live action, was just some random guy.

They got a bunch of different Supermen but didn't include anyone who previously played Flash, including from the super popular television series that just recently ended and had the DCU Flash appear on it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Professor Shark posted:

Watched A Haunting in Venice last night. Why is Kenneth Branagh making terrible Agatha Christie (now homages?)?

This is his third one, where have you been?

I liked Murder on the Orient Express, even if it really wasn't that great. A lot of style with a good cast. I heard A Haunting in Venice was good though. Death on the Nile was bad though with a really feel bad cast.

Like for real, look at the Death on the Nile cast and just :yikes: away:

Armie Hammer: cannibal/rapist
Russell Brand: rapist
Letitia Wright: anti-vaxxer
Gal Gadot: racist that supports war cimes

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Nov 6, 2023

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Three hours of Link cutting down shrubs and bushes and fighting chickens.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I didn't know that about Event Horizon but that fits and is cool as hell.

I also appreciate the movie for having a smart captain. As soon as he sees that tape he's getting everyone off the ship and blowing it up. No hesitation, no arguing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Scream 6 was great and a lot of it was owed to Melissa Barrera. gently caress them for firing her for pointing out what's going on

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They already did that with Neve. They're trying to spin the Ortega thing as her being too busy.

That franchise is gonna have a hard time recovering since they've pissed off their old and new fans now with how they've treated the lead actresses.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Well the extended version have the part where Napoleon travels to the future to go on a water slide and eat ice cream?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Danny Trejo and Eric Roberts are two people that will act in anything. Doesn't matter what. You pay them and they will be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

What about Ballerina? Action movie in the John Wick setting starring Ana de Armas. That's a good combination of words.