Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

Don't Sony have the rights to all of the Spider-Man characters? Aren't there any characters they can pull that are basically Spider-Man but not technically Spider-Man that they can stick in there just so there's an analog with big spider-eyes that looks close enough for audiences to buy? Surely they have access to, say, Silk or Spider Woman or something.

They literally have another Spider-Man.

Or is that the joke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

The sweatiness of “WARNING: R-RATED COMEDY” is my favorite part.

Buckle up, buttercups — this movie uses the F word!

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

lol the Beatles Cinematic Universe.

Into the Beatle Verse, where they team up with the Yellow Submarine versions, the 60s tv cartoon versions, The Bee Gees dressed as Sgt Pepper, the Walk Hard versions, etc.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

High Warlord Zog posted:

John Wick is basically urban fantasy with the werewolves, vampires and fairies swapped out for gangsters, assassins and aristocrats.

Knowing Chad's background it might be be because (theorising here) he has a reputation for treating his stunt teams well.

It’s probably about time for John Wick to start hunting werewolves, isn’t it?

Or space, he’s overdue to go to outer space.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Young Freud posted:

Probably should mention that there was a deleted scene: while Jack is interviewing at the Overlook, Wendy is talking with a friend about Jack breaking or dislocating Danny's arm while "roughhousing" and got fired from teaching for yelling at a student and how getting away to the Overlook will be the best thing for the family.

Jack admits to hurting Danny while he’s drinking at the Overlook bar, but tries to chalk it up to a quirk of physics rather than being angry enough to break his own kid’s arm.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

If I don’t get to be one of those skeletal ghosts in a shroud that hangs around old houses and cackles non stop I’m going to be so pissed off.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Based on the word of mouth so far, Late Night With the Devil is allegedly a good movie. But if the filmmakers are okay with using algorithm-generated sludge anywhere in their final product it makes me inclined to believe they made a good movie by accident.

I’ve turned off a movie set during WWII when I saw clearly that one of the soldiers was wearing black New Balance sneakers. It was a very cheap movie, but if you’re a filmmaker and you don’t even try to hide something like that, it calls your entire work ethic and vision into question. Why should I care about your movie if you don’t?

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

It is happening because 1 side wants to kill homeless and the other want to imprison.

It would absolutely be something like this, lol.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Per a quote from last month:

"Why can't we all just get along?"

Does Garland think the government is just the post office and the DMV?

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Young Freud posted:

I was about to ask if he's the last surviving main actor from that film series and I guess I don't need to now.

Weird Al Yankovic.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Gonz posted:

Synopsis for DOTF:

I think Disney made the right call going with Baby Yoda instead of Dark Yoda.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Alexander Hamilton posted:

The whole time I was wondering, “Why is this a little kid’s favorite movie?”

Kids love mid-life crises!

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Cooked Auto posted:

So the Russos saw what Zack Snyder was doing and thought "Hey, we want a piece of this cake too".

https://twitter.com/HollywoodHandle/status/1785373670862422054

Well if it didn't work last time building your own expanded universe, might as well try again in another genre.

How about you guys make A MOVIE first, then see if anyone wants more of it?

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

The MSJ posted:

It's not just "buff LOTR".

There's also cyborgs and some characters are robots.

Maybe it's Frank Vallejo's Star Wars.

Masters of the Universe should be Flash Gordon with a soundtrack by Dio instead of Queen.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Huh? No it didn't.

Wonder Woman was a supporting character, while Aquaman and Flash got little cameos.

Edit: oh wait, they said four other superheroes, didn’t they? There might have been a Cyborg cameo at the end as well.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

By that standard this is literally exactly what IRON MAN 2 does, on top of just flat out ignoring those other movies.

You’re right, it’s the same strategy. More and more I feel like the biggest difference between the MCU and the DCEU/Snyderverse is simply the perception that WB was trying to copy off Marvel’s homework.

The MCU was propped up by novelty and some really fortunate casting, and that’s about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Miller took loving 30 years off from Mad Max movies and then made the best movie of the entire series at an age where most filmmakers ossify into self-parody. It’s a goddamn miracle and if Furiosa is only half as good it’ll be the best movie I see all year.