Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I'm blanking on the name of it but I remember there being a series involving some global cataclysm (WW3 maybe?) that thoroughly devastated the world, and our protagonist was a dude with a heavily modified F-16 that just flew around the world doing...something? For reasons? I remember finding one of the books in my local library and reading a little bit of it and being like "nah, this is too much" even while I was in my plane-obsessed, "I'm gonna join the USAF and be an F-22 pilot or a PJ or BOTH," cadet A1C in the CAP phase. I only remember one thing and that was the guy bragging about having to touch down in a village populated only by women, who held him there until he impregnated as many as he could? I dunno, poo poo made Dale Brown look like Michael Shaara by comparison.

WINGMAAAAAAAAAAAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Oh poo poo, that's it indeed. Man, somehow the author milked over a dozen books out of the concept. Has there ever been a "Let's Read" of this series? That'd be a thing.

somebody in TFR did one a few years ago

E: Aw man it was Chitoryu, RIP what a legacy to leave behind.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3804298&userid=0&perpage=40&highlight=hawk,hunter,wingman&pagenumber=1

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Mar 2, 2023

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

FrozenVent posted:

My favorite of those is the two guys with the truck full of ANFO slowly driving across the country to blow up the White House.

TLDR (and boy is it ever TL) they get caught by beat cops before anyone even realize they exists.

I've always wondered what the original plan for that completely orphaned subplot was, they literally never interacted with anything or anyone else in the book at all

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I very distantly remember listening to payne harrison audiobook in 4th grade where the authors hardass mary sue self insert was a woman. neat twist on the genre, something something antarctica

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I for one welcome our new buttraptor overlords

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

there's a fun dadlit thread in gip thats slow but still active, summarizing from memory no notes is really the key to the experience

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4025906&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1