Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://x.com/drawplaydave/status/1783693717389574639?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

SKULL.GIF posted:

Sheed-Elg-Tom-Myers-Morgan? If Morgan works out that could be one of the better offensive lines the Packers have had since Chad-Mike-Mike-Marco-Mark.

Sheed-Elg-Tom-Rhyan-Morgan is what I am thinking.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hand Row posted:

Brugler has Morgan as his second best guard prospect and says while he could survive as a tackle, guard will be his best spot. I think he will start at RG and be in the running as the top backup tackle if there is an injury.

If the Packers wanted a guard they could've gone for Barton. I don't see it.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Tom neutralized both the Cowboys and Ninere pass rush in the playoffs. I will be so mad if they move him.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Hand Row posted:

Tom neutralized both the Cowboys and Ninere pass rush in the playoffs. I will be so mad if they move him.

I wouldn't. Myers is a liability. Jordan Morgan has only given up 3 sacks since 2022. Put him in our lab and we are golden.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Yeah I don't see GB moving Tom unless they have to.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/ByRyanWood/status/1783698992464879705

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

It's GB. There are going to be another couple line picks. There will be some grabbed off the scrap heap during roster cut season.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Hot Diggity! posted:

Unless it's like drafting Brandon Weeden I do not understand getting upset on draft day. Literally all it should be is being excited at the good possibilities.

I (hope I) learned my lesson this time last year when everybody was dumpstering the Lions' draft that ended up being four starters and three Pro Bowlers in the first 45 picks.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Hot Diggity! posted:

It's GB. There are going to be another couple line picks. There will be some grabbed off the scrap heap during roster cut season.

I also trust Gutey for his OLine evaluations.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

That’s basically why I think Morgan will start at RG and be the top backup at tackle. And then in the future could kick out to tackle as a starter depending on how it shakes out there.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/nfl_jersey_num/status/1783690812397613243

Odunze is going with 15. Nothing as exciting as number news

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

And it sounds like Caleb is using 18 (probably old news for most)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hand Row posted:

That’s basically why I think Morgan will start at RG and be the top backup at tackle. And then in the future could kick out to tackle as a starter depending on how it shakes out there.

The thing is then what do we do at center?? Myers is not the answer. The entire play starts with the center, and defensive tackles are becoming more and more dangerous at rushing the passer.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

SKULL.GIF posted:

The thing is then what do we do at center?? Myers is not the answer. The entire play starts with the center, and defensive tackles are becoming more and more dangerous at rushing the passer.

I'm convinced more and more Zach is being moved and this pick is confirmation of it.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Say what you will about Myers, but I would be more concerned about Rhyan or him starting at RG.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

Draft picks, competition, possible trades. Lotta options that wouldn't change unless center was taken in the first which lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

What if...

Morgan-Elgton-Tom-???-Sheed

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
What's wrong with Sean Rhyan? I thought he was good last year.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

surf rock posted:

What's wrong with Sean Rhyan? I thought he was good last year.

He was ok. He was in a goofy timeshare with Runyan. Still skeptical this indicates Tom is moving. I think it’s more that Morgan gives you a ton of flexibility as Rhyan and Walker could easily poo poo the bed or just injuries in general and Morgan should be able to do it all.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

What if...

Morgan-Elgton-Tom-???-Sheed

Wouldn't it be easier to kick Morgan to RG? Walker has been consistently improving at LT, Tom is a very good RT. Meyers isn't good, but he's under roster control, clearly the weak link, and we've still got a shitload of picks.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

DeJean just fell out of the first round. Soooo

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
It does seem extremely unlikely that the white corner out of Iowa wouldn't go to Green Bay.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

surf rock posted:

It does seem extremely unlikely that the white corner out of Iowa wouldn't go to Green Bay.

The league truly is fixed

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hot Diggity! posted:

Wouldn't it be easier to kick Morgan to RG? Walker has been consistently improving at LT, Tom is a very good RT. Meyers isn't good, but he's under roster control, clearly the weak link, and we've still got a shitload of picks.

Well my major hurdle here that I'm trying to get past is the Packers clearly drafted Jordan Morgan with something clearly in mind for him and I struggle to believe that that something is "right guard of the future". Admittedly this is heavily influenced by the Demovsky report a couple weeks ago where he implied that the Packers think Tom is a potential Hall of Famer at center and "only" a Pro Bowler at right tackle.

Sheed-Elg-???-Morgan-Tom works fine. But if Walker and Tom continue to develop at these positions, and you keep Morgan at RG, you've spent a very premium pick at probably the least important position on the offensive line, while still having a serious weak link at center.

I guess we'll see what actually happens when training camp comes around in a couple months but I feel like there are better ways to average out the overall value via shifting these (very versatile) players around.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Draft grades:

Bears - A+
Lions - A
Packers - :shrug:
Vikings - J

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

A Sneaker Broker posted:

DeJean just fell out of the first round. Soooo

Cooper and Cooper on Friday. Let's go

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

lmaooooo

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

that's sweet chuck from police academy

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:siren:

https://twitter.com/ByRyanWood/status/1783707399238422753

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Green Bay Packers 🤝 Controversial draft pick, Jordan

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

Well my major hurdle here that I'm trying to get past is the Packers clearly drafted Jordan Morgan with something clearly in mind for him and I struggle to believe that that something is "right guard of the future". Admittedly this is heavily influenced by the Demovsky report a couple weeks ago where he implied that the Packers think Tom is a potential Hall of Famer at center and "only" a Pro Bowler at right tackle.

Sheed-Elg-???-Morgan-Tom works fine. But if Walker and Tom continue to develop at these positions, and you keep Morgan at RG, you've spent a very premium pick at probably the least important position on the offensive line, while still having a serious weak link at center.

I guess we'll see what actually happens when training camp comes around in a couple months but I feel like there are better ways to average out the overall value via shifting these (very versatile) players around.

I've really been ignoring that one report because the whole league knows Tom is a very good RT with the ability to play all over the line.

If GB would think he's a HOF center, then we'd have to pay out the rear end to keep him there because he would almost certainly get at least average market and then some at RT which would likely be more than center. Given our tendencies I'd doubt that we'd do that.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

da bears

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Lol at Wood cutting the quote there

"We'll wait until the coaches get their hands on him and see. I think he can play four spots. We're fortunate enough that we've got a lot of guys in our group that can do that. We'll let the best five battle it out."

"He played left tackle, has left-tackle feet. Very athletic kid. Very sturdy, strong lower body. ... When you move inside where things move a bit quicker and you got to handle a bit more power, he's shown the ability to do that."

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/mattschneidman/status/1783709338076340599

oh boy....

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

DeJean, Kinchens, McKinstry, Hicks, Nubin all still on the board. Cannot see the Packers walking away without one of these at safety.

Beyond safety/cb I honestly have no clue what other positions they'd be focused on. MLB? DI? RB? Go hogg wild.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Bryan Bulaga is announcing Green Bay's picks tomorrow. Packers have to move up and take DeJean.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Did Gute comment on Morgan's butt size?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Gute knows glutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Morgan played for 5 years at left tackle in college. That's it. As others have said I think they drafted him to play left tackle and at worst his floor is a guard... Because you don't draft guards in the first round.