Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Kick Cousin did not inoculate himself for a new variant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
It's very possible Kurt is just 100% cooked from the Achilles tear and then who's going to laugh at the pick then we'll laugh at the contract

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

MJeff posted:

Is the Bears line gonna be able to protect Caleb because that passing attack, hoo-doggy.

If Tevin Jenkins and Darnell Wright can stay healthy

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Given the quality of WRs in this division I positively demand the Packers pick up a corner and safety today.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bip Roberts posted:

It's very possible Kurt is just 100% cooked from the Achilles tear and then who's going to laugh at the pick then we'll laugh at the contract

Yeah, definitely don't want to laugh at replacing a hurt QB

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Once Penix was picked it became a choice between JJ and Nix. As much as I distrust McCarthy, he's the better choice of those two. He'll sit for a year anyways so by the time everyone knows for certain he's terrible the team will be in a completely different situation.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Darth Brooks posted:

Once Penix was picked it became a choice between JJ and Nix. As much as I distrust McCarthy, he's the better choice of those two. He'll sit for a year anyways so by the time everyone knows for certain he's terrible the team will be in a completely different situation.

There were a whole lotta people in the draft thread baffled at the trade up to 10, as though the Vikings were afraid the Jets were going to take a QB. The Falcons threw a wrench in everything but JJ at 10 was clearly the best option at that point. Obviously the fear was the Broncos jumping them and being stuck with Nix

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Cognac McCarthy posted:

There were a whole lotta people in the draft thread baffled at the trade up to 10, as though the Vikings were afraid the Jets were going to take a QB. The Falcons threw a wrench in everything but JJ at 10 was clearly the best option at that point. Obviously the fear was the Broncos jumping them and being stuck with Nix

Yeah at that point you pay a 5th to make sure the Broncos or Raiders or someone else doesn't get cute and jump you

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Darth Brooks posted:

KOC is going to unbreak Darnold's brain

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cognac McCarthy posted:

People were also saying the vikings gave up like seven picks to get turner by double counting the picks used to trade for 23 so I think that a lot of people are just dumb.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I like JJ as a prospect a lot more than Nix or Penix so I think the Vikings came out ahead there.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

SKULL.GIF posted:

Remaining OL candidates are strongest at the interior so that's good for your hopes. Not many tackle candidates left.

Yeah I'm hopping for the Georgia center in the third and just Whoever is Big in the fourth

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status/1783901588907503926

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Of course Kevin Warren had to be in it.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

KDdidit posted:

Of course Kevin Warren had to be in it.

He had to make sure Caleb is properly excited to play in STADIUM.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I wanna see the Odunze call.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Is Eberflus's tie the same pattern as his suit?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I was 100% certain the Falcons were going to take Oduzne and burst into laughter when they took Penix.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We all make mistakes in our youth

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Niwrad posted:

I was 100% certain the Falcons were going to take Oduzne and burst into laughter when they took Penix.

Same, until Kalil (I think?) mentioned having seen something that would make everyone laugh as hard as they could; then I knew that the Falcons were loving it up.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I thlammed my Penix in the car door

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
4 Picks for the Pack on Day 2. Vegetables on Day 1, Sugary Goodness on Day 2.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Canned Sunshine posted:

Same, until Kalil (I think?) mentioned having seen something that would make everyone laugh as hard as they could; then I knew that the Falcons were loving it up.

https://twitter.com/Panthers/status/1247950995755278337

Someone recut this, replacing Matt Ryan with Kirk Cousins and Adam Sandler with Michael Penix Jr.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Better than being a Bears fan during that stretch imo

The last thing I want is a QB inspired by 2010's Chicago quarterbacking

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

SKULL.GIF posted:

I like JJ as a prospect a lot more than Nix or Penix so I think the Vikings came out ahead there.

Denver desperately trying to spin the Nix pick is a bonus very funny outcome.

https://twitter.com/dailybroncos/status/1783916378015035773?s=46&t=412mHfBtNaNoiY_Z498b9g

“We tricked them into getting the better QB they wanted anyway!”

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

It is still insane to me that Johnny Morris is the receiving yards leader for the Bears.

https://twitter.com/WindyCityWR/status/1783959243395092897

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

ghosthorse posted:

https://twitter.com/dailybroncos/status/1783916378015035773?s=46&t=412mHfBtNaNoiY_Z498b9g

Yea this makes no sense. We made a team not even in our own conference give up draft capital to a team that is in our conference. This is supposed to be a good thing somehow?

It would make sense if they were division rivals I guess, otherwise it was a pointless thing to do, if it even happened.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

No one loves inflating their own legend and ego more than Sean Payton

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Niwrad posted:

It is still insane to me that Johnny Morris is the receiving yards leader for the Bears.

This is incredible

Also lol that DJ Moore is over 25% of the way to the team record after one season

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

ghosthorse posted:

This is the look of a man who was handed a dead corpse and has to pretend he likes it.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Niwrad posted:

lmao. I wonder what was going through his mind during that. 'is this team cursed???'

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

trevorreznik posted:

lmao. I wonder what was going through his mind during that. 'is this team cursed???'

they are cursed

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Sean Payton is a pile of poo poo masquerading as a loving moron.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Alright. It's Day 2. Let's do damage today Pack Nation

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Dexo posted:

Probably,

Justin's problem is that he often brought sacks on himself. Making the Line look worse than it was.

Caleb is a goddamn master at navigating the pockets and helping his offensive lineman block by how he's moving.
Lmao, analyst brain

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Packers missed DeJean by a pick. Jumped by the Eagles and then trade back.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
But they gained a bunch of late picks so who won really in the end

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

But they gained a bunch of late picks so who won really in the end

Last year trading back in the second net Jayden Reed, Karl Brooks, and Dontayvion Wicks.

Maybe it works again!

e: Drafted a Cooper after all!

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Welcome Edgerrin Cooper!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'm disappointed by not getting DeJean but I like the Cooper pick a good bit.