Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Needing a refresher here, wasn't there some Ukraine aided separatist cell in Russia fuckin with stuff in the motherland? Or did I just lose sight of whatever that was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

Needing a refresher here, wasn't there some Ukraine aided separatist cell in Russia fuckin with stuff in the motherland? Or did I just lose sight of whatever that was?

Russia Freedon Legion or something. They spend a lot of time loving around in Belgorod region.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Shinjobi posted:

There are separatists that work under the guidance of GUR, and GUR agents have also been loving around in the motherland with all kinds of smoking accidents. They've sometimes taken losses - one of the agents that destroyed and damaged Tu-22s on the ground last year stayed behind to cover the exfil of the rest of his team and died.
There are also 3 battalions of separatist forces fighting for Ukraine as units on the ground, they're the ones that raided Belgorod oblast twice.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Keisari posted:

Yea this is what got me. I chuckled at the first post but with the second I was no longer sure, lmao. Well played.

Yea it was sarcam. Gets boring seeing ''CIA does everything'' in parts on the left and alluding to the ''bog people'', as some fuckwit eloquently called former soviet countries, as being too stupid to revolt without the wests help.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Disco Pope posted:

I've said it before, but I loving HATE how these guys write.

I don't mind it, something about it just signals to my brain to not even bother speed reading it, just shuts down the part of the brain that can interpret glyphs. Then the next few posts reacting proved my brain did me a favour.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

If someone were to call me a “bog person” I would be so happy but only in the context of the Canadian housing market crisis where bog-dwelling is honestly now far beyond the dreams of the young and fiscally irresponsible old.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Burns posted:

Someone needs to remind Russia who the only country to use nuclear weapons in anger is.

Can't wait for Russia to start producing Anime with Eastern European flavor post bombing.

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1784979457024864560
Bringing back the Vatnik Union, one moronic decision at a time
https://twitter.com/DrTedros/status/1784649051901702385
By the way, shut up, none of your rubbish is wanted or needed now

zone fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 30, 2024

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Peace is great if you can get it.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Peace would be easy, just have the invading Russians turn around and go home and do something else.

Oh, no?

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Tai posted:

Yea it was sarcam. Gets boring seeing ''CIA does everything'' in parts on the left and alluding to the ''bog people'', as some fuckwit eloquently called former soviet countries, as being too stupid to revolt without the wests help.

I thought it was funny. :unsmith:

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://twitter.com/Tendar/status/1785346652091433145

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Inflation go brrrrrrrrrrr.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Is there any tangible results Putin has for everyday Russians at this point?

2 years of an aggressive invasion and all he has to show for it in my mind is dead Russians, dwindling supplies, inflation, loss of customers worldwide, and showing the world the Russian military is a paper tiger.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

pro starcraft loser posted:

2 years of an aggressive invasion and all he has to show for it in my mind is dead Russians, dwindling supplies, inflation, loss of customers worldwide, and showing the world the Russian military is a paper tiger.

He's owning the libs OP

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Proclaiming yourself as an almighty god emperor who is highly intelligent and has the willpower to expose the hypocrisy and evil of the west by subjugating a sovereign nation in the 21st century while freeing up thousands of prison cells for more protestors and traitors, OP.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

He's protecting the white, straight, Christian conservative people against Western imperialism, op

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
he actually did great in 2000-2008 and everything looked up and up for russians in comparison to yeltsin who was drunk all the time. too bad 2008-present it all sorta went to poo poo, gradually then suddenly

russian life expectancy

the crater is from the roni, then there'll be a second cratering when they update for the war

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

those are all tangible results op.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

what for? if any opposition appears, it will be liquidated. common people should be happy that things are not significantly worse than were before - they should be happy they were not mobilized for now. many are even happy that they can go earn money in SMO or in case of cargo 200, family may receive payment

the choice is between put up with it and suffer/make money causing suffering or oppose and suffer far more

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 30, 2024

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
He brought Russians Tucker Carlson

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
I believe a lot of Russians were pretty happy about having Crimea. Beaches and such. Of course with the full invasion, the master strategist even managed to put that bag into play...

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Peace is good

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Avirosb posted:

Welp, that's it then. Kyiv in 3 days.
I sincerely doubt Ukraine can even last that lo—

It's only a question of time.
I mean, look at the size of that conv—

It's the second strongest military in the world!
If they can afford to spend 50+ rockets a day on civilian infrastructure
I shudder to think what they've planned for legitimate military tar—

Ukraine doesn't even have a na—

These meatwave tactics are sure to work.
Superiority in numbers. This was the plan all along.

The gently caress of it all is, in hindsight, if Russia actually amassed the military muster of the whole all at the start, they would have succeeded using superiority of numbers, but it also would have been a very observable and obvious strategy, and the buildup certainly would have rattled a few parts of Europe more than it does now, not that they would have done anything about it in time.

Ukraine is lucky that Putin is very stupid :hai:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Alas, it seems that's an unknown notion to the invaders occuping Ukrainian soil at the moment.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Everyday Russians are completely irrelevant. The West needs to throw away its civil disobedience fantasies and target oligarchs and their associates personally (ie, the James Bond solves it all fantasy)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Strategic Tea posted:

Everyday Russians are completely irrelevant. The West needs to throw away its civil disobedience fantasies and target oligarchs and their associates personally (ie, the James Bond solves it all fantasy)

Could start by finally making a move on liquidating the $400 billion or so of seized assets that could finance all of Ukraine's war and reconstruction needs for like four years

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Peace would be good but unfortunately Putin is a real piece of poo poo and doesn't want peace.

Peaceful Russians should take care of that.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Bbbbbut our credit ratings!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Peace for me

War for you

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

It's good to live

In EU

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Rule 7

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TM edit: Removed

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:34 on May 1, 2024

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

That horrible mom, the apartment purchasing son-sender lady would be down there in a heart beat swabbing cheek dna in the hopes she can upgrade to a Mercedes and a Toto toilet if she can tally up enough lost cousins and nephews.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

He has considerably lowered expenditure on prisons and their accompanying staff. :kiddo:

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

shadow puppet of a posted:

That horrible mom, the apartment purchasing son-sender lady would be down there in a heart beat swabbing cheek dna in the hopes she can upgrade to a Mercedes and a Toto toilet if she can tally up enough lost cousins and nephews.

Jokes on her, they are all out

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Alan Smithee posted:

alcoholism and depression makes you write novels about assfucking

https://packaged-media.redd.it/ewq8...0020d0cbba1#t=0

Those idiots that was their best tank.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

tiaz posted:

those are all tangible results op.

Ok, Very good point.

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

Strategic Tea posted:

It's good to live

In EU

Burma Shave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Here's an economic update for Russia

Still nothing reported about overal GDP figures. Just a few tit bits

Russia reported another overall increase in producer prices. Up a further 19.1% on Feb prices.

Figures also show that both Jan and Feb have been shocking for export and imports per Russian figures.

Russia figures for Q4 2023 show that capital flows within the country (money moved around the country for investment, trade, or business operations) is at some its lowest since the war began.

Government debt as reported by Russia is at it's highest in Feb it has ever been historically.

Month on month manufacturing %increase is falling rapidly.

Month on month industrial manfacturing is up

Consumer confidence for March is still in the negative figures but is starting to increase

MoM retail spending is still dog poo poo despite a nice jump for Xmas figures released in March

Both private sector and consumer credit are at historical highs

Household debt to GDP is still at a historical high but figures not been updated since 2023

Consumer spending has increased MoM but this factors in inflation

Gasoline prices held MoM for April

Inflation rates holding at 7.7% but predictions by the government it will peak at 11%

Rumours of interest rate increase hasn't appeared yet if even happens.

Bank lending rate increased a small amount.