Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
anyways this is a website where its 2023 and many people still see this board as a containment forum so i would personally suggest to everyone to let go of crap like "oh what will the gbs guys think of me?" because i promise you they already think very lowly of you. but that dont matter. anyways, the stair probation avatar would be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

he does not actually. when he was doing fighting game themed announcements right after the troubles i told him in pms to title one of them actress again and he said it was "too anime". motion denied.
im going to arc drive finish jeffrey's rear end

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Endorph posted:

im going to arc drive finish jeffrey's rear end

brutally and insanely comboing jeffrey with miyako throw starters

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

anyways this is a website where its 2023 and many people still see this board as a containment forum so i would personally suggest to everyone to let go of crap like "oh what will the gbs guys think of me?" because i promise you they already think very lowly of you. but that dont matter. anyways, the stair probation avatar would be good.

This. No reason to care what the 45 year olds in loveless marriages think lol.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

when i was 15 i read loveless and saw the hosed up lesbian couple, i wanted a loveless marriage. well, peace.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
We live in a (anime) society

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

caring about what gray forums think...lol, lmao even

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

cheetah7071 posted:

i like the kita one

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

Too much yammerin' not enough images! Post 'em all and let Mod sort 'em out.

"12 Billion Years In MSPaint"

"Why Is She In A Washing Machine?"

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

ever17 ftw

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The current convo in the post a manga panel thread is abject proof that this forum will always be containment and adtrw needs at least one general ik

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

unban Larry and instate him as the IK, a far worse punishment

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Namtab posted:

The current convo in the post a manga panel thread is abject proof that this forum will always be containment and adtrw needs at least one general ik

we dont have to be a containment forum if we instead just vaporize posts like that, hope this helps. we should have an ik because we are a community and deserve one but thats true generally.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

symbolic posted:

unban Larry and instate him as the IK, a far worse punishment

Seconded

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

we dont have to be a containment forum if we instead just vaporize posts like that, hope this helps. we should have an ik because we are a community and deserve one but thats true generally.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Aizen or Alucard being imprisoned and on straightjackets would be a cool probe pic too but can't find decent art.

e: Or Inuyasha

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Mar 15, 2023

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

he does not actually. when he was doing fighting game themed announcements right after the troubles i told him in pms to title one of them actress again and he said it was "too anime". motion denied.

this mentality about anime is loving outdated and should be gone

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Willo567 posted:

this mentality about anime is loving outdated and should be gone

the fail YOSPOS mod literally probates ppl for it, it aint going away when the bell curve age of this site currently peaks at like 36

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

symbolic posted:

the fail YOSPOS mod literally probates ppl for it, it aint going away when the bell curve age of this site currently peaks at like 36

He fucks his computer until he cums inside of it.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Ibram Gaunt posted:

sounds painful

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

who among us

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Big Leg posted:

i would like to nominate criminal kita for a probe avvy, but the luffy + buggy one is also cool

:ohdear: I do wonder whether that one actually crops well to required aspect ratio.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

the post in question was by our current illustrious IK lol

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

That reminds me, what's up with the rotating subforum IKs not actually being subforum IKs

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

brand engager posted:

That reminds me, what's up with the rotating subforum IKs not actually being subforum IKs

Because it's a fyad lite style IK and not a permanent IK I chose to do the two active sticky threads instead of the whole sub. I didn't want to disrupt the ongoing threads with a random IK. Besides this sub doesn't need super heavy moderation except sometimes.

Probation image must be 180x180 btw

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

kirtar posted:

:ohdear: I do wonder whether that one actually crops well to required aspect ratio.

tried it in paint, i had to cut off the japanese text but it works

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Fluffdaddy posted:

Because it's a fyad lite style IK and not a permanent IK I chose to do the two active sticky threads instead of the whole sub. I didn't want to disrupt the ongoing threads with a random IK. Besides this sub doesn't need super heavy moderation except sometimes.

Probation image must be 180x180 btw

if the IK goes on a rampage somewhere just de-IK them

unless it's the isekai thread, in which case you should grant their victim an IK star too and let them go on an adventure to get revenge

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Fluffdaddy posted:

imo a lottery ik barging into a random anime's thread and wreaking havoc with their 6 hour timeout superpowers would be really funny and only mildly disruptive. isn't the point of a fyad-like ik that they're expected to somewhat abuse their power? let them slay their posting enemies in their personally frequented anime threads imo, if they go overboard then you or presumably any other admin can step in after max 24 hours, not really a big deal. threads tend to get a little stale 1-3 days after the release of a new episode anyways

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I would also say that a lot of threads are just "hey a new chap" "wow awesome chap" so there's not much to disrupt for those. and some threads devolve into tedious arguing about whose fan theory is the best so maybe they need a break lol. but for the most part I don't think an ik is going to do much harm (or anything at all), and since it's an ik it's easy come easy go

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i think the worst case is they're lovely with their powers but reign it in just enough to stay under the radar, in which case the problem gets solved at the end of the month anyways

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

ADTRW isn’t a Fyad-like or Imp Zone-esque so having an ik going milquetoast with power would be annoying, but I do think that a more permanent ik would probably bridge the issue of nobody wanting to mod as an ik is low stakes

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Namtab posted:

ADTRW isn’t a Fyad-like or Imp Zone-esque so having an ik going milquetoast with power would be annoying, but I do think that a more permanent ik would probably bridge the issue of nobody wanting to mod as an ik is low stakes

Yeah a perm ik would be fine. I confused myself and thought we were talking about that originally for some reason lol.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Namtab posted:

Yea having a permanent IK would be nice if not even a mod. I am all for suggestions. The anime forum is extremely low stakes so it needs to be someone who isn't going to go ham on the button pushes

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hrrrm

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Plutonis really wants to be IK

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Most of the folks in the thread giving suggestions (i.e. forums regulars) would be good choice, provided they could tag out as needed.

Fwiw I think the monthly Ik lottery is fun and a good way to keep people engaged.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I nominate Plutonis and littleorv

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Seconded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
thirded

can't shake the feeling this will backfire on me specifically at one point