Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

as we all know, cute chibis are Literal Pedophilia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ninjewtsu posted:

it's not but it's still not really an association i like or want
an association with what op

things girls like???

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ninjewtsu posted:

Infantilization mostly

its just a cute artstyle lol

like i dont think its an especially good probe image but cmon, freaking hunterxhunter goes into that artstyle sometimes for comedy purposes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

remembering when someone was talking about the sailor moon fighting game and the exchange went

'i played that little chibi one, i forget her name'
'chibi'
'well thats real loving convenient'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ninjewtsu posted:

I more don't like users being branded that way. I get it's supposed to be a punishment so being embarrassing and condescending is part of the point but I'd really rather that get achieved in some other way. Potential outward perception may be contributing bias to me but I honestly just don't like the atmosphere that creates.
whats embarrassing and condescending about the cute patchouli blob

shes cute
shes small
shes a cat (i think???)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

catchouli nyaaledge

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

he does not actually. when he was doing fighting game themed announcements right after the troubles i told him in pms to title one of them actress again and he said it was "too anime". motion denied.
im going to arc drive finish jeffrey's rear end

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

when i was 15 i read loveless and saw the hosed up lesbian couple, i wanted a loveless marriage. well, peace.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

littleorv posted:

Great, I knew there was something wrong when I woke up today.

lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

.jpg is gone from us so im not sure how many good ones we'd get but its not like it could hurt

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

making it a hard rule is annoying but people should be more willing to make threads

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Namtab posted:

I do genuinely think that by containing all episodic discussion of a season within one thread is the worse option. It might be a bit annoying but I do think that we'd see more good threads being made if we had a hard cutoff in the seasonal thread. It also means that the seasonal thread can swivel into a kinda news/rumours of the season thread rather than discussing 95% of the anime of the season episode by episode. I've made threads that didn't make it past two pages about a seasonal anim, and that's OK.
i think making it a hard rule sucks though. ive checked out stuff because it got discussion in the seasonal thread that i wouldnt have if it was forced off a cliff into its own separate zone. anime discussion forum should be able to discuss anime as a mix of the stuff currently airing like normal people rather than being forced with shock collars into making a 5 post ghetto for the current season of shadowverse or whatever.

if something's getting constant discussion episode-by-episode in the season thread then yeah it needs its own thread (spellblades this season would be a good example) but a hard rule would read to me like someone would get yelled at for making a single post to say 'hey this anime nobody's watching rn is good.'

Endorph fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Sep 10, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

genuinely: a lot of this forum's value would be lost to me if this was made a hard rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vizuyos posted:

why not just lock the thread a few weeks into the season
that sounds even worse