Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Feel like we had that but people complained

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

fyad did not like us having the speech bubbles and im fine leaving that to them. an alternate idea i brought up way back then but could def be revisited is maybe the box the post is in could look a manga infobox lol. also avatars on the right are required.

this is more incentive to have speech bubbles. make it sting

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

i couldnt do that to my good friend, arfjason

he deserves it the most :twisted:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

we need an official forum vtuber, and i nominate plutonis

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

ADTRW is containment

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I am going to get incredibly weird online about people talking about chibi or moe art styles until all threads are pre-screened by the mods

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Stop being weird about anime, ninjewstu

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Whether it’s the sagas thread or the vtuber thread this site is very happy to give in to whoever can shout the loudest about whatever the worst posters in a thread do so just laugh about it imo.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Whether you love anime or hate anime, people on something awful are loving weird about anime

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

While I am reasonably assured that jeffery of yospos loves anime, I don’t think he’s going to make the stupid newbie ava an anime reference

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Everything in this forum should be a k-on reference

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

anyways this is a website where its 2023 and many people still see this board as a containment forum so i would personally suggest to everyone to let go of crap like "oh what will the gbs guys think of me?" because i promise you they already think very lowly of you. but that dont matter. anyways, the stair probation avatar would be good.

The current convo in the post a manga panel thread is abject proof that this forum will always be containment and adtrw needs at least one general ik

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

ADTRW isn’t a Fyad-like or Imp Zone-esque so having an ik going milquetoast with power would be annoying, but I do think that a more permanent ik would probably bridge the issue of nobody wanting to mod as an ik is low stakes

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sorry but I actually cast a curse on plutonis years ago and he can’t have power in adtrw until I die

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I’m still alive

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Alright adrian

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Negotiations with imp zone are complete, we got a new thread tag

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

IMO seasonal threads shouldn't be discussing anything past episode 3 anyway but people are allergic to making threads nowadays.

If something's released, dont be suprised to find it being discussed without spoilers

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Well we used to have that rule then Zorak quit, so...

lets bring it back

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

making it a hard rule is annoying but people should be more willing to make threads

I do genuinely think that by containing all episodic discussion of a season within one thread is the worse option. It might be a bit annoying but I do think that we'd see more good threads being made if we had a hard cutoff in the seasonal thread. It also means that the seasonal thread can swivel into a kinda news/rumours of the season thread rather than discussing 95% of the anime of the season episode by episode. I've made threads that didn't make it past two pages about a seasonal anim, and that's OK.

Maybe we can just start with the admin and IKs encouraging people to spin things off into threads rather than a hard rule, but I do think that the old 3 episode test rule was actually good.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

nothing, thats the point, they just don't

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

Sometimes you're hyped for a dumb show like Mashle and it's likely the thread won't get many posts anyway so you just toss in the occasional "wow, this is dumb and very fun!" In the season chat and see if anyone else trips into it.

Season chat is fun because I can see folks get increasingly captivated or frustrated by a show I haven't seen yet.

Anyway, since everything is Cours now and not like a run of 45 episodes it feels harder to justify a thread for something that does well, gets a S2 but won't be seen until 2024-25.

Wrong on all levels. Make a thread

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Split cours lite

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I think the current compromise of people being encouraged but not forced to make new threads is fine, and I look forward to the implementation of this in autumn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

:justpost:

Making new threads ftw