Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Nooner posted:

This whole oval office debacle really seems like it shares a lot with whether or not the hard "r" makes a difference

You're etarded lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

CaptainSarcastic posted:

To some extent, yeah. You're talking about requiring more labor from an unpaid, volunteer workforce. Why would I want to further cut into my shitposting time by feeling expected to read every post in every thread to see if the use of slurs is appropriately contextual? Having clear lines makes it much more manageable.

What? When you get a report, do you not look at the context of the post anyways before slamming buttons?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

bagmonkey posted:

Wait did Methanar get banned

I don't think so. He's in the process of banning himself irl from a different city every year though.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Does anyone write moderator fanfiction

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Wow, love can indeed bloom in the official gbs feedback thread

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Well, I hope they at least like getting their dicks sucked

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

The answer is apparently no. But I'm gonna get high as gently caress tonight and make the answer yes :twisted:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

The answer is apparently no. But I'm gonna get high as gently caress tonight and make the answer yes :twisted:

The House

Seth leaned back in his computer chair as he let out another sigh. He’d been doing that a lot lately, he thought. Best not let the other mods catch him doing that, it’d be bad for morale and even worse for his reputation. Seth’s melancholy had increased since his boss had forced the whole moderation team into living and working together, it would be the era of Hardcore Modding.

“We’ll call it Mod House,” Jeffrey of YOSPOS had proclaimed. “Or Moody Hoes, as I like to call it because I loving hate all of you.”

Seth forced his mind back to the present so he wouldn’t be miserable. This was supposed to be the best part of the day, when Captain Sarcastic would be out of the drat house running errands and Infidel Castro was still sleeping off his night shift. Seth still couldn’t believe he’d gotten stuck with sharing the same room with these two. Still, it was better than splitting a room with Genesplicer.

“Good morning, Seth” cried an energetic voice from the open entryway, now doorless since the last time Jeffrey had visited Mod House.

Oh god, thought Seth. Why the gently caress is he back so soon.

“Mornin’ Captain,” Seth replied.

“Picked up our meal allotment of Quaker Oats and nonfat Milk at the store,” said Captain. “So did you take care of the thing?”

Seth had no idea what the hell he was talking about, but figured that the less time spent talking to Captain, the better, so he simply grunted in response. Seth had been in the middle of typing some long reply in the GBS feedback thread which obviously no one would read, but he knew he had to do just enough so he wouldn’t rank in the bottom 20% of moderators. The whole house would do a quarterly review at the local Denny’s, and the bottom performers had to pay for everyone else while not getting any food for themselves. Jeffrey would often refer to mods “earning their Denny’s” when they performed their duties well.

The sound of an alarm pierced the air and Infidel Castro’s chunky hand waved in the air, struggling to find the off button on his clock. Seth paused, wondering why Infidel would be waking up right now after only two hours of sleep.
“So did you take care of the thing?” Infidel mumbled at Seth.

“Of course he didn’t, Seth wants to get torn a new one. Never knew how much a masochist he was before Mod House,” said Captain in reply, and gave a small chuckle. His face quickly turned serious as he turned to Seth.

“But…you did right? Do the thing?”

Seth was now in full panic mode. What the hell could these two morons know about that I don’t, he asked himself. He quickly opened his email. Nothing unread in the inbox.

Oh no. Seth cringed as he scrolled the browser window down. New message in the Spam folder today. Seth had previously set all incoming emails from Wintertime to be marked as Spam. They were always the same anyway. Dear Moderator Pecksniff, Mr. YOSPOS has expressed how deeply disappointed he has been in GBS lately and blah blah blah. Seth quickly brought up the email from the administrative assistant.

“Oh poo poo, oh gently caress”, cried Seth in despair. “Why… why didn’t you guys tell me! Wait, I can… I can still fix this.”

The faces of his roommate-coworkers slow motion fell in absolute terror as Seth began to bring up the moderation tools in his Microsoft Edge browser. The cursor on screen shivered like a chihuahua, reflecting Seth’s right hand on his mouse as he struggled to find the correct forum thread. “It's okay, there’s still time. I’m gonna do it guys, don’t worry, I can earn my Denny’s.”

The hope of the three evaporated as they heard the familiar roar of a certain Hummer X3 peel into the driveway. The front door of Mod House flew open with a resounding crash, the sound of the highest quality imported Crocs slapping on the wood floor approached the GBS mod room. As usual, they could smell him before laying eyes upon the abhorrent Jeffrey of YOSPOS. A pungent mix of the sea and ranch flavored Corn Nuts filled the dusty air of Mod House. The website owner’s tremendous frame then filled the entryway.

“Hello, moderators.” Jeffrey’s nasally voice stabbed their ears. “Good to see you Seth, I have a special gift just for you.”

He revealed a plastic wrapped Goldbelly cookie and shoved it onto Seth’s chest.

“Go on,” said Jeffrey. “Eat it.”

The wrapping made crinkly noises as Seth began to unpack the cookie.

“No” said Jeffrey of YOSPOS with a shake of his head. “I said, eat it.”

Seth slowly used his teeth to tear into both the plastic wrapping and the cookie, managing to get in a whole bite without choking. He had to admit, it was still better than eating the same old oats at Mod House every day.

Jeffrey pulled Infidel’s desk chair towards himself and sat down, crossing his legs. “I was having the nicest time in Malta just before now,” said the website owner. “They have these delicious sea turtles, the ones with the soft shells so you can just pluck them right out of the ocean from your yacht and take a bite.” Jeffrey continued, turning to Captain. “Tortugas, I think they call them, right Captain?”

Captain Sarcastic had no loving idea but enthusiastically nodded his head anyway. “Sure,” he said. “I can double check the internet right now, we’ll all find out together!”

Captain turned to his workstation and switched on the monitor.

“Is that what I think it is?” said Jeffrey, now staring at the website showing on Captain’s monitor. “Did you just show me the forums?” His voice now raised with fury. “You all know I hate looking at the loving forums.”

Jeffrey quickly stood and picked up Captain with both hands and rammed him headfirst into the now shattered monitor. The other two moderators swiftly clicked the minimize button on their browsers while Jeffrey was distracted.

“Now then,” Jeffrey continued, once again having a seat. “You can see why I might be annoyed at having to come to Mod House when I was having such a good time eating tortugas overseas. But there is a certain matter that needs to be cleared up, and apparently an email was not enough to do so.”

Seth’s stomach began to feel seriously ill and he was fairly sure it wasn’t from seeing Captain’s bloodied form lying on the floor.

“It’s this epic nom name, or whatever, poster. Wintertime tells me he is an embarrassment to the forums as a whole. He needs to be banned. Hell, I’m told that I should be personally embarrassed that he still gets to post at all. Estamos embarazados, right Infidel?”

Infidel Castro was definitely sure that was not correct, but no way was he going to say anything to his boss.

“And now, Astral tells me you’ve been exchanging friendly private messages with this poster?” Jeffrey glared at Seth. “I gave you another chance after your cringe QCS anime post and this is how you repay me?”

Seth’s vision was extremely blurred, he could barely make out anything in the room. “I…I can explain Mr. YOSPOS. I’ve been busy, see? I’ve got 5 Jeffrey Dahmer alts queued up for permas. Nom Epique was next on my to-do list I swear.” Seth slurred and in his confusion brought up his Edge browser to show Jeffrey.

“The FORUMS!” roared the owner of Something Awful.

Infidel Castro instantly pissed himself and fled the room. The surroundings began to spin for Seth Pecksniff and he collapsed hard onto the floor, the poisoned half eaten Goldbelly cookie rolling away from his left hand. He looked up and saw Jeffrey staring back at him, a single tear falling from the admin’s eye.

“You were supposed to be the next Huge Gross Burrito,” said Jeffrey of YOSPOS with a sad grin. “Not another Abe.”

Seth’s eyes spasmed and rolled towards the hallway. He thought he saw something nice out there waiting for him, something shining, extravagant and beautiful.

“My…moons,” uttered Seth Pecksniff with his last breath, hand outstretched towards the hall. “Moons… over my hammy…”

Epilogue:
Newly appointed GBS mod Smugworth was tired of how all the other mods mocked him about the disgusting state of his room. Fine, he thought. I’ll clean up just this once.

Smugworth leaned down and saw what apparently was the remains of an expensive artisanal cookie. Huh, he thought with a hungry smile. Sometimes things just work out.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

and dine should be the parent forum of gbs, not the other way around.

Also if you don't post in there and talk about fast food in gbs instead you are a coward

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

NEVERMIND

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Mar 23, 2023

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Oh its just some dumb poo poo I don't care about, nm standing down

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Smugworth posted:

Let me just say that I, Smugworth, candidate for GBS moderator, say thusly: if it smells like poo poo, flush it, and that's the policy I plan to take as future moderator of GBS

Vote Smugworth for moderator in 2023!

Can a mod add an actual poll to Smugworth's (or this one I guess) thread so everyone can actually see how unpopular he is, I think it'd be great tyvm

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

My feedback is that you probably shouldn't do anything on the forums that makes you look stupider than nom epique and methanar because wow

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Seth Pecksniff posted:

:grin:

But for real though there's multiple threads about this so please go post in those

Ok. But fr is there some way to end smugworths mod campaign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Yeah

Serious tho smugs you got your thread for your campaign pls use that and not this one thank you

Can you add a poll to his thread pls?